Sat, Sep 21, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Underworld Realms Problem

Cylithera ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 2:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:36 AM

Okay. I can't get any of the figures of the Underworld Realms at Daz3D to work. They say they aren't a valid Poser file. Anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how to fix it? :/ I have Poser 4 with Windows XP.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 2:38 AM

not having the underworld thing it's hard to say, but the last time I saw that message it was because the cr2 I was trying to use was corrupted in some way.

Cylithera ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 2:44 AM

Well, the cr2 doesn't look like normal cr2s do in Notepad. I don't know what's wrong with it or how to fix it.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 5:08 AM

Email the creator is the only thing to do for now & hope he has a working copy to hand.

Carmelo ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 5:27 AM

Cylthera, I have the same problem. I also runs XP and Poser ProPack. The CR2 file hasnt a valid character because it appears strange with the Wordpad.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 5:36 AM

I suppose it's possible to load the obj files seperately until you get fixed cr2's

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 8:38 AM

Is it strange by the addition of some weird characters at the start and then normal thereafter? I've seen that with files that started on the Mac, and usually the fix is to delete about a line of junk before the first { (that's a curly brace if your screen is as hard to read as mine) and it will then work.

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 10:31 AM

Sounds like the mac files got used for the windows version. Worth trying maconverter to see (I don't have it, so I can't say) Mac files do have the rsr (thumbnail) in front of the regular cr2 stuff...so that sounds likely. Also, macfiles use a different return character sequence, which makes them look awful in notepad (wordpad should show the returns properly, however) eric

nyguy ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 5:46 PM

file_52485.jpg

I writing a nice long letter to Daz about this. I don't feel the modeler should be blamed but the blame should go to the people who sold the product. Here is what I am writing to Daz:

I just purchased Underworld Relms.. Well I doesn't work! I get an error and cannot use the product.
I am very upset right now and would like to know how you can release a product that doesn't work. I feel that your products are not what they used to be and after this I think I will not buy anymore till things get fixed! It seems to me that every time I buy a Daz product I have to wait for an update... For instance when I bought Anime Doll I had to wait till it was fixed, also when I bought V3xpression magic, had to wait for updat to get it to work, and I could go one with a few other products.
I am about ready to look for an alternitive source for my poser

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Cylithera ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 8:55 PM

That's a little harsh in my opinion, but then again I've never experienced any problems with any of their things, except for the Underworld Realms. And this could be just an honest mistake. But anyway, is there any program to convert Mac stuff to Windows?

nyguy ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2003 at 10:27 PM

Tried converting it using dodger's site converter, didn't work. I also tried editing it myself... I found some major problems with the syntax and gave up after the first file.

sparrowheart ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 6:42 AM

I am really glad I saw this thread, as I was about to purchase Underworld Realms. It's gorgeous, and I still want to get it after DAZ has it fixed. This is a little OT, but I have to ask (sorry). Is the articulated skeleton required to use this product? Or is Underworld Realms a standalone figure? (I realize it is kind of hard to answer the question right now, since no one seems to be able to get UR working, but thought I would toss out my question anyway just in case someone could answer.) I really hope the problem is resolved soon for all purchasers! Kimberly

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 8:15 AM

Well I don't know if the articulated skeleton is required, there was nothing on the site about it.

sparrowheart ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 4:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1168262

The first day that the product was offered for sale at Daz, there was a notation on it that the articulated skeleton (Daz Skeleton or Skeleton AV) was required in order to use it. (Rather pricey item that is, too!) The next day, the notation was gone. I have no idea what was up with that, but here is a link to the Product Showcase in which it is discussed. I'm a bit confused as to what, if anything, is required in order to make this product function. Kimberly

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 6:35 PM

well it is working now and I am happy with it

Cylithera ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 7:38 PM

How'd you get it to work, nyguy?

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 10:54 PM

Called Daz tech support and they had me redownload it

_dodger ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 1:04 AM

This problem usually happens when there's a { without a matching } or vice-versa. Manually edited files can have this happen a lot. Should be caught in alpha or beta testing though.

nyguy ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 8:05 AM

Well I am happy with the results I got from tech support from Daz. I had already used my 3 downloads, thought I had a corrupted file. They had reset my downloads so I can redownload it. I agree this should have been caught before it was released, but I have talked to other people who had bought it and they said it opened with no problems. I had tried to manually edit it to work but found some major flaws in the syntax that I couldn't fix, like words running together where there should have been a space. Also some of the synax look strange. I am going to wait before downloading anything from Daz again till I hear that it works... Even the freebees have problems some times.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:53 PM

Sometimes if you open a Mac text file (and a CR2 is just a text file) in a Windows text editor the line breaks will be invisible and it will look as if the end of one line runs into the beginning of the next. This is because the Mac uses one character (10 or 13 - can't remember which) to mark line breaks where the PC uses both 10 and 13 (line feed and carriage return respectively). It doesn't confuse Poser, though it does make it harder to spot errors.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.