Sat, Sep 21, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: AVI Codec

gusdrum ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 4:19 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:21 PM

I make a DVD movie with Poser 5. What is the best AVI codec? I download DV codec, but appear a Poser message error and this codec not work. I need help Tanks.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 5:28 PM

DivX offers good quality and compression ratios.

If you have sufficient room on your hard drive, however, I recommend rendering the animation as an uncompressed AVI, or as an image sequence which can be assembled into an AVI later. Save the compression process for the last step, after you've finished editing and postworking the raw video.

A proper DVD requires MPEG-2 compression in order to work on most set-top players.

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 7:41 PM

I've had weird issues with DivX. Is it a buggy as it seems to be?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 8:15 PM

What sort of weird issues? The DivX website has forums dedicated to reporting bugs, discussing technical problems with third-party software and hardware compatibility, offering encoding tips, etc.

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 9:44 PM

Lockups, BSOD's, odd artifacts, not to mention Poser doesn't always like it. I usually save "full frames uncompressed". It takes a lot of space, but I have less headaches. I haven't used DivX for a long time, probably has some fixes.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 10:35 PM

Go to vcdhelp.com and download the codecs there under the tools section.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2003 at 11:30 PM

Attached Link: http://math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/huffyuv.html

If you want quality, I'd suggest huffyuv. ~DM

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 12:28 AM

If i'm rendering something relatively small, I usually render as uncompressed; If i'm doing something truly monstrous, I use cinepac with 0% compression; it's about the only codec I've been able to get poser to work with without screwing up in some way. seems pretty lossless, also (I know it's not, but there is no VISIBLY apparent loss).

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2003 at 5:45 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check the links out. I don't need to compress just yet, but my drives are slowly filling up. If I wasn't still working with the files, I'd burn some CDs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.