Tue, Oct 1, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Mat Files

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 11:37 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 5:00 AM

Hello, Is it possible to create a mat file to make a figure invisible? (Instead of having to make each body part invisible.) I want to render the shadow seperately from the figure Also can mat files be made to work with any figure or do they have to be made for each seperately? could a mat file be made to work with michael and posette or do you need two seperate mat files?

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 2:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1150645

If you want to make a body part invisible, copy the lines below and paste them into notepad, then save it with a .pz2 extension in any Pose folder. To make a body part visible, change the line 'off' to 'on'. --------------------- { version { number 4.01 } actor yourbodypartname:1 { off } } ----------------- If you want to add more body parts, duplicate the lines actor yourbodypartname:1 { off } and add them in with new actor names. The names MUST be exactly the same as the parts of your figure. I posted a thread for a technique which will affect any figure, by making the transformations affect only the BODY. See the link to that thread. There's an example you can copy and paste. But this is not for textures, (although it can be modified for them). This is for transformations like, scale, trans, rotate, etc. What are properly referred to as 'SET' files. It is possible to use one texture MAT for 2 figures if they have the same materials. mac

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2003 at 7:03 PM

If you make the figure invisible (either through transparency or the Visible option), it won't be able to cast a shadow.

In a recent Director's Cut thread, I described a technique to render the shadows separately from the rest of the scene, so you can apply them in post. Works great when you're using images or videos for backgrounds.

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12425&Form.ShowMessage=1077630

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 2:03 AM

Thank you Maclean that is exactly what i need Little dragon if you make a whole figure invisible the shadows don't show up but if you make seperate body parts invisible then they can still cast shadows

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2003 at 2:18 PM

You can also switch shadows off by inserting the line castsShadow 0 so it would read -------------------- { version { number 4.01 } actor yourbodypartname:1 { off castsShadow 0 } } ---------------------- If you want shadows on, make the line read castsShadow 1 mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.