Sun, Oct 6, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: M3 wish list for Daz

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 9:00 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:29 AM

I just finished reading the thread on M2's seeming decline lately. While I was posting to it, the idea of doing a wish list for the good folks at Daz came to mind. I think they may be early enough in the M3 process that a wishlist may be helpful to them. Here's what I'd like to see: 1) More head shaping and morphs. M2 is one handsome hunk, but it's hard to move away from his basic "Michaelness". There's a lot more head/skull variation than what we can get out of the current version. 2) Fix the funny joint bending problems and the raised arm problem. 3) A flat chest pose that removes the pec line, or at least smooths it better. 4) More control on muscle morphing, emphisizing muscle groups. 5) Real posable genitalia. There's a lot of variation in real life, but Mike's Johnson is pretty limited. Check out Digiport's and Ulf's Genitalia. 6) Don't try to make female morph for M3 like the V3 male morph. 7) More curl along the backbone. Real people are a lot more flexable along the spine (although M2 is pretty good at this now, I'd just like more). 8) When you get the base mapping done, give a copy of M3 to the great folks who did the V2 to V3 texture conversion program before you release M3. A texture converted available on the same day M3 is released would be sweet.

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 9:17 AM

More and better beard and facial hair morphs and maching templates for texture design. A stocky FBM rather that just heavy FBM More noses More non human haed morphs eg. Wearwolf, Sea beast, etc Would be great tonymouse

GigaRoc ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 10:23 AM

I would like it soon

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 10:26 AM

Release Mike 3 with a clothes pack....and please don't make it all fetish/fantasy/science fiction wear....include some real life clothes too (not just skins, but shirts, pants, shoes, boots, etc.)

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 10:45 AM

The same or similar morph inject/remove system v3 has but with a different library system. If M3's pose libraries end up like v3's my entire pose directory will be inject/remove poses. (And no, I won't use P5 to fix it) "Muscle tense" morphs. Like, when he's inactive his muscles are relaxed. But when he picks up something heavy, the the muscles in the related parts can be made to tense up via a morph dial. Hand, forearm and shoulder, etc.

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 11:49 AM

An easy morph to make his shoulders look like a normal, non-weight lifter guy's shoulders...they look unnaturally swollen in M2 and are really difficult to blend into the neck tendons smoothly when you reduce them in size.

jaybutton ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 12:18 PM

It would be great if he could morph well into giant or dwarf proportions without the trouble there currently is with M2 when you apply the Stretch Arms or Legs morphs. Also, more nonhuman heads, like tonymouse requested. Thanks for listening! Jay

tonymouse ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 12:52 PM

Rattler!!! That is a way cool Idea, I never would of thought of that !!! I hope they are listing!!!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 1:38 PM

Put the files in subfolders so we don't have tons of files around and have to clean them up and move them all around like V3. Or figure out some way to make it more easy on novice poser users to clean up etc. V3 took over my runtime, it works, I'm happy, but man it's messy, please learn from the V3 experience of users and clean it up for M3. Uh, make M3 freebie of the week like Steph was initially...I know, not likely, but one can hope.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 2:04 PM

A couple more ideas: The abdomen should be able to move left-right on the x-tran a little better. There are certain things that real humans can do that Michael has issues with, in that region. Higer poly count on the ears, please. :-) It's frustrating that in close-up head shots, Mike's ears have far less resolution than the rest of his head. Usually easy to correct in Photoshop, but hair can complicate that fix. Genetilia...not the biggest deal (ahem,) but it would be nice if penis and testes could move independently of each other, the force of gravity being what it is, in real life. And finally, there's a rumor out there that there will be no more new M2 products besides brokered ones, and that Michael 3 may never happen, due to the V3 male morphs. If this is true, please let us know so that we won't feel misled. Yes, people will gripe to high heaven, but that's a lot better than being led to believe, for months, that Michael 3 will appear, and then learn later that he won't. A few comments by phoenixrising have definitely given the impression that the upgrade is in the works. If that has changed or does change, please be forthright. My apologies if the rumors aren't true, because I'm not trying to fan that fire. It's just that the person suggesting it claims to have insider word on this.

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 2:06 PM

I just re-read rattler's suggestion. Excellent idea, although that sounds a lot like the existing Millennium Beard, which is incredibly versatile as regards morphing. It wouldn't surprise me if DAZ felt that the beard should be a separate item, although default inclusion sure would be cool. Probably hike up the price, too. :-)

queri ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 2:32 PM

Well, the millenium teeth were incorporated into Vicki3, I don't see why the Mil beard couldn't be-- at least Mil beard LE. I've never thought Michael was going to be rderailed by V3male-- that's a lovely alternative that we've never had before-- a kind of Mike teen almost impossible to achieve otherwise that is proving to be more expandable but what isn't. The trade-off with V3male is no nation featuresa and that's not acceptable. I'm really looking forward to those in Mike 3 with the hope they are expanded, say with Meditarrean for Spanish, Roman and Middle eastern faces. I would love to see extra expression morph packs for both Vicki3 and Michael 3 with the ability for more asymetical movement of the face and jaw. Broken nose would be nice. Some tall slim rangey varieties that dont overlap with V3 would also be good, think basketball. I don't mind the skins as a temporary expedient for clothing, if we could just have some jeans and a loose t shirt to tide us over with all the morphs or most. Most guys live in them anyway.:)) And for those who want more-- save up your pennies for PoserWorld, cause Steve is the man when it comes to churning out clothes for new models. Emily

queri ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 2:34 PM

I sure wouldn't turn my back on a Bishonen morphs in Mike3. Emily

lhiannan ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2003 at 7:54 PM

The Bishonen morphs are already included with M2. They're just dial turns, not a new morph set. So, I'm sure some talented dial spinners could come up with some decent anime with whatever M3 will offer. Lhiannan

gryffnn ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 11:37 AM

file_54042.jpg

Back when Michael2 came out I moved most of the custom morphs over from my MikePlusPack to M2, and still use them. It's got a broken nose morph, Emily. These are the five character faces that come with it, aimed for non-Michael guys - Elisa/gryffnn

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 12:38 PM

I disagree with the request to drop the female morphs. I think they did a good job with Stephanie and V3male......the two work nicely as alternatives. My main complaint with Mike2 is his size (too beefy looking). I'm a computer nerd, so I think of skinny (or used to be skinny) when I think of guys, and Mike just is a pain to cloth with you start trying to lose his normal shape. I agree with the idea for stocky. Scaling the Y axis down is a decent first step, but generally looks silly. As for clothing, I'm just hoping someone offers some business style clothes for the V3 male.....then I'll have some use for 'im (sounds pretty boring, eh?) eric

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2003 at 2:36 PM

We always have to wait(way to long) for Mike after Vicky(and her accessories), but if they don't come out with a good Mike 3 that is gonna p#ss off a lot of people. Vickies face comes out nice as a male but I have yet to see a good body. As far as Mike being to muscled up, there is a trend in this country called working out, he fits right in.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 3:02 PM

i want to reinforce the request for an m3 female morph. i'm sorry but i find that the v3 male is nicely soft in ways that mike just can't acheive, and makes much better asian characters. i also think steph does a better muscular and boyish female than the vicki series, including v3. basically, i'm wanting a highly morphable mike, one that can be many different kinds of men, not just hulks with all-american caucasian faces. viva diversity!

fleebag ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 3:18 PM

All that and,I would like to add a request for bigger hands. Mike's hands now are too small for a guy of his size. It drives me nuts. There is a great theard over at GPA and M3.

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 6:44 PM

More hairstyles to accompany the mesh. Not all men have wedge cuts. (Hey, I'm going to whine about the lack of male hairstyles every chance I get!) ;-)

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2003 at 9:19 PM

I'd like to see more male hairstyles too... Oh sure, Mike looks good in some of those long, windblown styles he stole from Vicki's wig closet, but sometimes I don't wanna do romance and fantasy :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.