Tue, Oct 22, 12:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Chaps and vest for Mike - WIP

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 10:57 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:42 AM

file_54437.jpg

I know you guys are probably sick of me posting these clothing work-in-progress things, but I really like how these chaps are turning out. The codpiece, chains, studs, and different levels of the leggings are seperatly mapped, so they can be crotchless, shorts, or short shorts. The codpiece is designed to fit over Mike's default genitalia, so some transmapping could be very sexy. The vest is pretty simple (so far, maybe some chains?), but it's cut perfectly to fit into the chaps to look like a once piece. Still have to bone everything, but I really like these. The Vicky top is going very well, and I've started to work on a chain front for her too. This afternoon and this evening I'm packaging everything. Beta testers get ready. I've got 2 Mike outfits ready to package and the Vicky top. I may have this set and the second Vicky top ready too. It'll all be available sometime tomorrow morning (PST). I promise I'll stop posting these as soon as the new of modeling clothing wears out, but I'm having lots of fun. If anyone is thinking of getting into clothing modeling, do it. It's frustrating at times, but the results are well worth it. Thanks!

Dave ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:02 AM

Why stop? Looks like you're on a roll. What program do you use for your modeling? David

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:07 AM

Dave, I'm using Amapi 4.5 (free) for most of the work, then I go into Anim8or (also free) for touch up and morphs. I want to get the for sale version of Amapi, but until I can get a job, it'll just have to be a wish. I do admit I cheat by starting with a royalty free mesh by Thip for the shirt and pants, then heavily modify it. The chains and codpiece are all mine though. Thip sells the Vicky and Mike quicksuits at Renderotica for $15 each. He's got others available in freestuff over at rDNA. He really did a great thing by making them available, and I'm very grateful. It really makes getting started a lot easier.

Dave ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:12 AM

Yeah I've got most of his quicksuits even the one he did for Stephanie over at poserstyle.com. Couldnt do clothing without them. I think I might check into Amapi and Anim8or. What are the links, perchance? David

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:48 AM

Amapi 4.5 - http://bakhter.com/html/main/amapi4.html Anim8or - http://www.anim8or.com/ Hope this helps!

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 12:52 PM

pdxjims, you just keep getting better. IMO some chains across the chest, more or less in the style of your previous vest, would be an enhancement. But go with your intuition, of course. Keep up the great work!

steveshanks ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:10 PM

Getting great Jim, i like the little details they really set it off...Steve

Stormrage ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:22 PM

looks fantastic :) The details are very cool

Desdemmonna ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 1:22 PM

Woohoo, love the leather boy! :o) I like what I see so far...maybe an optional 'flare' on the chaps? Just an idea, please continue with the WIP's...its cool to watch products being developed.

queri ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 3:02 PM

Looks very good-- any thought to stud trim-- yeah, I know they are all studs or they wouldn't be wearing this.:)) I was just looking at the edges and thinking, hmm a bit of silver trim. Emily

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 4:04 PM

too skin tite I know I have a pair

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 4:22 PM

file_54438.jpg

I did a render of the new chaps, and mentioned that I thought that a set of thigh high boots would be nice for Mike. I didn't consider doing them myself because the kind of thing I want is like what The3DWizard did with TreadZ, and that's way beyond my skills at the moment. ...but, hey, I could give a simple pair a try. These will not be released, since they're a really quick knock off of The3DWizard's TreadZ style. They do look sorta cool though. Any real modelers want to do a pair? I'd buy 'em! BTW, I like the idea of more studs on the waist and codpiece. I'm going to try to do a pattern of them on the codpiece, where you get pattern 1, pattern 2 or both by seperatly mapping the two sets. And maybe some running down the side. And I know they're WAY to skin tight for leather in real life, but they're just right for latex (although the mesh is too thick) and Poser.

sango ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 8:15 PM

Please don't do a chain across the front of the vest. When morphing they distort horribly. :( Looks good they way it is! -niko on GPA

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 8:49 PM

Oh! Looks real good. Wish I knew where you find the time. lol. I am still trying to work in time to play with your last set. :D

Dave ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:50 PM

Ah gee and the thigh boots was one of the things I liked...:( Dave

queri ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 7:03 AM

You're a good guy, nobody else has any prob knocking off Treadz.:)) The metal is very sweet on that last one, And I've never had a realism prob with tight-- not with fantasy clothing. I think I do have a way to make those boots look you-- see the flattish--it's actually a lovely almost bow shape-- metal bit above the codpiece? Replace the buckles with that all four times and you have metaled straps that match your outfit and no Treadz buckle rip-off. Emily

Madrigal ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 7:42 AM

The only thing better than a man in leather is a sweaty man in more leather...... Have to say, my leather stuff is also looser than this, but it doesn't look as good ;) As you know, I'm well impressed with the boots. Poised to drop everything here, and beta test. Alex

911-69.blogspot.co.uk/

dadamson ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 3:29 PM

OMG... Madrigal, You may be about you drop everything... I am about to drop to my knees. LMAO

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.