Fri, Sep 20, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser Takes a long Time to Load - when opening

solojaw ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 10:48 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Hi guys, I just got poser 5. It seems to take awfully long to load. And how do I get rid of those panels that load by default - ie. the scripts panel? is their a way to speed up the loading times. I have a dual pIII 600, with 654 MB RAM. What's the problem???

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2003 at 11:22 PM

What os are you useing and when did you defrag last? Your systems pretty out of date the double cpu's arent going to do you much good for poser. it doesnt take advantage of the duals cpu's . So its almost like useing a single and thats pretty slow for P5.

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 2:47 AM

Attached Link: Home of Poser4-5 & the updates

Make sure you have SR2.1 update as it speeds up the loading quite a bit. If you also have poser4, keep it installed & load all your stuff into that runtime & just link to it in poser5, poser5 seems quicker with nothing extra to the standard stuff installed.

RadiositySG ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 4:40 AM

Here try this. Load up P5 and then wait as per looong while. You should see the default figure there. Delete this figure so that you've no figures/props/models etc loaded. Then go to EDIT > GENERAL PREFERENCES Here, set the Launch to Preferred State radiobox. Then click on the Set Preferred state. Assuming your like me you would open up a current workfile or work on other figures rather than defaults. Everytime you open poser it will load without then loading up the additional model(s) which should be MUCH faster. HTH

solojaw ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 5:02 AM

thanks guys HTH that really helped. It loads much faster with a preferred state. Now how do I get rid of that Python Scripts panel that loads by default all the time? Solomon

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 5:34 AM

One way top make Poser open really fast is to: Delete figure and all lights. Then set a prefered state. Set "Launch to prefereed state" Now when you open Poser it loads fast and you can add whatever lights or figure you want

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

RadiositySG ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 9:54 AM

I wasn't aware there was a Python Script panel opened at default. At least it doesn't open in mine. I suppose just close it and then re-set it as preferred state? btw HTH stands for "Hope that helps" hehee

solojaw ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 11:30 AM

hahaha - thats funny - yeah I tried that but I still see the panels - at first 3 show up, the Walk Designer, Joint Parameters, and Python Script - then the 2 go away and Python Script panel is left - I try to close it but it won't close - so then I go the window menu and click on Python Script, then when I try to close it, it closes. I am a little baffled. Has anyone esle encountered this problem - I even upgrade to 2.1 - I did the preferred state thing - to no avail. It does load much faster after I deleted the default figure and set the state.

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 1:32 PM

P4 w/Pro Pack and P5 are both slow loaders on my Pentium 4 system, but other applications load quickly. I think that's just the nature of Poser, it's like when you open a complex Daz figure and it seems to take forever. The Python Script thing sounds weird and I don't think it should happen (it doesn't do it on my PC). If I were you I'd contact technical support at Curious Labs, there may be something else going on there. I read in the CL newsletter last night that Service Release Pack 3 will be coming out at the end of the month. Hopefully it will address a lot of our P5 problems.

solojaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 9:20 PM

I am still having problems with that Python script Tab

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.