Fri, Sep 20, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: About Carrara Training CD

songkann ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 5:27 AM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 1:09 PM

I'm considering to get my hand on the CD, before that I'd like to know if anyone of you have used it. Is is worth buying it? I noticed that a lot of training CDs are quite expensive... well, at least for me. So I'd like to make sure it's a good product before buying it. Any comments?

jischume ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 10:48 AM

If you're referring to the VTC training CDs, I liked them and thought they were worth the price. I'm one of those people who needs to see how something is done in order to make sense of what was written in the manual (I also found the Friendly Spider CDs helpful for Amapi). They cover a large range of topics, but they won't turn you into an expert. I'm happy I got them and refer to them when I'm stumped about something.

WeaBeast ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 10:54 AM

The training video is very informative but I have one complaint about it; the audio sucks. It sounds like the narrator is speaking into tin cans, with a 5 second delay. If you can bear this, I'd say buy it.

songkann ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 11:34 AM

Yes, I'm refering to the VTC training CDs. And I'm like you. I'm a visual guy. I learn quicker if I see how the tools work. I like manuals but I prefer the many tutorials that are available on the net. Most of the manuals tell you what the tools do, but I'm more interested in what you can do with those tools, like what you can create with the tools. That's why tutorials are a better way to learn a software. I noticed that there is a Carrara contest with the Carrara training CD as the first price.... Maybe, I could get it for free after all!! hehehehe Time to create.

dka ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2003 at 8:33 PM

If you are new to carrara,you will like the training cds.I have them and learned a ton quickly.I say run,don't walk to the store. d

songkann ( ) posted Wed, 16 April 2003 at 12:25 PM

I'm new to Carrara and I'm new to 3D. And Carrara seems to be one of the easiest to learn. That's why I want to master it before going to the bigger softs. I learn that Amapi and ZBrush were pretty easy to learn too.

warbird ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2003 at 8:50 PM

Attached Link: http://home.earthlink.net/~flushdeck/

Hello all I'm torn between Carrara and Electric Image. The big thing with EI is the training materials you get with it. Seems to me, going the Carrara is much more cost effective, if you can push your way though the tutorials. Any thoughts on Electric Image and it's training materials? Thanks

Graviton ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 5:44 AM

I found the Carrara VTC training CD very helpfull because the Carrara manual is quite difficult to follow & not very clear on many things. I agree with WeaBeast though, the audio on it really does suck. The guy speaking on it obviously knows his onions but his voice is really whiney & nasal & it sounds like it was recorded with the cheapest audio equipment known to man. For the price I payed for the CD I expected better quality than that. However, after a while I got used to it & learned a lot about Carrara.

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

songkann ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 10:36 AM

Thanx for your advise guys. I'm going to get the CD. Since I'm not Bill Gates' nephew so I need to be really sure about the quality of the product before purchasing it. I was wondering if anyone has wrote any books about CS2? The only one I found was for Carrara1. Is it any good? Since there are many many 3D softs out there, I have decided to focus on only a few of them (2 or 3 ) and learn them inside out before "upgrading" to the heavy ones. I've decided to focus on Carrara (for rendering) and Amapi (for modeling). I've heard that a book on Amapi 7 will soon be published. Anyone has an idea about the exact date?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.