Sat, Sep 21, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser 5 Transparency maps???? Cant find it..

begga ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 10:54 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:44 AM

Okay so I finaly did my own transparency map only to find out that I don't know where to put it. I'm working with Poser 5 and I don't know where to link the map in the material room. I really need some help here, please....

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:10 AM

file_54905.jpg

Click on the transparancy node and follow the menu as shown in the pic.

begga ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2003 at 11:40 AM

Thanks I'll do that :)

pv ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 10:51 AM

Pardon me for digging out an old thread, but I have a question about this. When you open a p4 model that has a transparency map applied, P5 creates a node called transparency_map, and not image_map. Is there any difference between an image_map node applied to the transparency plugs, or a P4 converted transparency_map? I can't seem to find any way (short of hacking the cr2) to make a transparency_map node. Is this just a quirk of using old stuff? I can't seem to ever get transparencies to work in poser 5 when I try to apply them from scratch. Am I missing something?

begga ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:16 AM

I think you should try to post a new thread... don't think any one will read it, it's very old... :) Sorry I can't help you... Berglind

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:27 AM

Just locate the needed map following the above image. If that doesnt make any sense to you look at how the eyelash trans is setup on for example victoria in poser5.

pv ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:33 AM

I think I have it working - Apparently there's no way to create a node called "transparency_map", but image_map seems to have the same settings, and, other than weirdness when I try to use a tif as a texture, it seems to work. I kind of miss the simple one-page materials dialog in P4. Sure, you can do lots more with the new setup, but it takes a lot longer to 'wire' everything up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.