Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: DAZ ........Enough with the cute stuff already :-/

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:43 AM

file_55191.jpg

Hey Daz while im eagerly awaiting DAZ studio and appreciate any freebie, How about a free Something targeted towards us over 30 Male poser users?? Like a nice conforming gentlemens sport coat for Micheal with his body morphs built in :-) or a personal watercraft or something Just thought id ask .

My website

YouTube Channel

a_super_hero ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 12:43 PM

Hi, I just would like more cute stuff. Thanks, Super

Dizzie ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 1:01 PM

It's been eons since we got cute stuff...I'm thrilled and hope we get a few more before they move on to MORE male targeted things....I'm sick of Babes in armour or less.....how about some female targeted things...or even better, practical item props with no gender appeal...:>)

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 1:10 PM

heh..I'm just happy when they post something that doesn't require 'item 'x' from the marketplace'..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Dizzie ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 1:15 PM

Good Point!

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 3:25 PM

Enough with stuff for half-naked super-booby... Let's see more cute nekkid cats!!!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 3:27 PM

im not talking about the poser gallery :-) I mean the DAZ freebies

My website

YouTube Channel

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 3:41 PM

Personally I hate cute, but then I am of the male persuasion... :) So, (with the exception of the MPP and "Mr Fluffers" :) "Death to the cute stuff!" later jb

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 4:10 PM

Freebies generally have to be fairly simple. Clothes aren't really freebie items. A vehicle here and there is a cool idea though.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 4:18 PM

Heck with that i want cute, but not to cute hehe

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 4:27 PM

How bout a set of radios or headsets with a base station and some other sci-fi stuff? Thanks, Marque

MaterialForge ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 5:28 PM

I know Vicky's the star of the show, but some cool clothes or, heck, even shoes (snakeskin boots? please?) for Mike would be way cool. Thanks, --silver

mikes ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 7:32 PM

What we really mean to say.......

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 7:38 PM

Actually, a mechanical fly seems to be the next item in line... except that mice wouldn't chase flies, no matter how high their IQ. Hmmmm... Traveler has already provided a couple of small nano-critters (they were in the PropsClub). That sends us to the other end of the lineup! :wide delightfully wicked grin: We now need (absolutely need) a mechanical horse. There was something like this as part of RDS4, IIRC, at least used on the art. Part of the Arabian Nights fairy tales dealt with a marvelous flying mechanical horse and a prince who was too besotted with it to ask how to dismount. We wouldn't need the wings (there are oodles of mechwings out there already so artists could add whichever ones they wanted). >>>IF<<< there was such a horse, we could start with the 'droid... he would chase the charger who hunted the hound who crept up on the cat who pounced on the mouse who wiggled the worm who....

tasquah ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 8:32 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=17864

Well some one made your wish come true hauksdottir . Follow the link its a brand new item for sale here at renderosity made by Anatoliy . I wont tell you the cost , let just leave that for a suprise . :) of course its a 3d max file so maybe we should keep asking.

genny ( ) posted Sun, 20 April 2003 at 11:14 PM

Have you guys forgotten about the Daz Mil Dragon LE and the Sea Dragon LE? I know they weren't in the regular freebie section, but they were none the less "free"......and I don't think of either one as "cute", unless of course you put them in the position of being cute in one of your renders. (: Genny

idolitry ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 3:43 AM

Had to check the date that horse was uploaded to make sure it wasn't an april fool. It's really nice, but the price - ouch!!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 4:24 AM

Hell, I have no complaints about DAZ freebies - I think they're marvellous, and very varied. Excellent stuff almost all the time. Not necessarily always my taste of course, but what does that have to do with it - I can't expect to impose my personal taste on everyone else, the idea is preposterous. I think I have nearly every single one since they started this in the Z days - except a few I missed in '90 when I had an off-Poser period. Thanks DAZ! :] Fish

Dynamo ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 7:47 AM

MORE CUTE.. less babes in metal bikini's Variety being the stuff of life.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 11:48 AM

i'm going to gag if they get more cute. enough is enough. and i'm not male, though not a teenager either. i wish they would put the toon series in a less dominant position. i liked and appreciated them as offered. i am glad that they continue to offer freebies. i even thought they were a nice diversion from the norm, before they seemed to become the norm. the "awwws" are presently beginning to wear on my nerves. just casting and explaining my vote.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 12:46 PM

I think some have blown the toon line out of perspective. It is not a priority nor is it not a priority. It is simple a range that sells weel that was not really developed or explored as much as it could have been. The fact that people use them alot is a credit to the interest in them. People render what they like. But eaither way the concept that "cute" has become our main focus is not accurate. :) With the creation of the Sea Dragon, upcoming beasties, zombies, sci fi textures and such for mesh clothing, there is a balance in fact. However, fantasy and cute do continue to outsell reality and sci-fi almost 2 to 1 without exception. There are other things coming down the road to be sure but a strange new tradition of bashing fantasy and cute is not making the desire to make other stuff more enjoyable. I would hang back and just wait a bit more. Chances are more of what you are looking for will show up eventually, but everything goes in cycles. :) In the mean time please try to consider the feeling of the people who have made these cute items. Most of them are brokered. You don't ever want to kill an artist's spirit. Regards, Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2003 at 5:30 PM

I, for one, am very grateful for these cuties!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2003 at 3:27 PM

Tasquah, It is worth the price. Those are pistons in the legs AND the legs bend in the right direction (remember Questor muttering about pistons?) When debating costs, I usually think, "how long would this take me to build?", but lately have added, "how much pain-reliever will it take to build this?" Most of the people here are very, very spoiled by the generosity of the free-stuff providers. I appreciate the Iron Horse pun, but don't care for the overall silhouette of the model. The chest needs some bulk, compared to that butt! I'd probably have used a large draft horse (descended from the brutes ridden by knights a thousand years ago) for the shape and proportion. This might be modifiable, though. The expression is fantastic. (It is a pity that I don't cartoon: I just had a mental image of several mechanical beasties shuddering and backing away in fear (and crawling the walls in the case of Traveler's nano-bots) as the artist (he-he-heh) enters the room with that large Poser Magnet! "Steel Yourself for this One") If I had the money, I would get this horse to add to my stable of mechanical beasties and robots even if it isn't Poserized. Hmmm... "All in green went my love riding, on a great horse of gold, into the silver dawn... four lean hounds crouched low and smiling: the merry deer ran before..." (I can't sing like Joan Baez, so feel a desire to reach into my collection of vinyl, too!) There are lots of possible things one could creatively do with a nice mechanical horse. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.