Tue, Oct 22, 12:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Question for clothing modelers. Problem on Macs...

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 11:28 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

I've got my fetishwear package 2 in beta, and most everything seems to be going fine (other than a coupld of minor problems. However, I do have one big headache I need help with. The tops I've done don't conform properly on Mac machines, they float above the figures head. They work fine on Windows machines. The shorts and pants I've done all conform properly on all platforms. I don't have a Mac to work out the problem on, and I need some kind of lead to try. Any ideas? Thanks! Jim

scorer ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 11:44 AM

How did you find out about the problem? If someone with a mac is telling you there is a problem ask them if the centerpoints for the clothing bodyparts are still the same in Poser as the for the figures body parts. This is easy to check in the joint editor window. They should be the same numbers and the crosshairs should line up the same. I'm no expert but in some modeling packages the numbers will be the same but the actual points do not line up because the coordinate systems are local and they are offset or scaled differently.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 12:02 PM

What might be helpful is the Mac OS (9.1, 9.2, OSX?), what version of Poser and how the Mac to PC conversion was done. Also a good place to ask this is in the Mac forum - MartainC is the man on conversions!

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 2:21 PM

Try to have someone running OS Jaguar test them, too. I can now use some products, after switching OS, that I couldn't before and Poser 4 runs much better in general :)

abriwin ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 2:27 PM

re the last comment, I just started with Poser 4.03 and noticed that Poser don't support the software with OSX in Classic mode, however apart from some problems with magnets I find that it is more stable in OSX than 9.2 (my Wacom tablet also works better with Poser in OSX so a further incentive to use X. It's such a hasle closing one system and starting another. About hair - I often find hair floating above the head of the model but then I'm using Millenium Girls and adult hair doesn't match. Brian

Patricia ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 6:36 PM

Classic runs very differently depending on which OSX you're using, making me wonder how many modelers are having their products tested on more than one version of OS. It'll be a great day when EVERYTHING runs under OSX, much more stable apps and peripherals....someday :)

taco ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2003 at 8:12 PM

Jim... I'm using Poser with OSX.2 Jaguar. Poser runs in Classic... which means Poser hasn't been optimised for OSX. I tried the shirts also in OS9.2. Neither one worked properly. Your first beta pak the shirts worked fine... it's just when you posted the final ones that they stopped working. Whatever you did between those two versions may be the clue to the problem. Meantime I'll go check the joint editor window per scorer's suggestion.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.