Fri, Sep 20, 2:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need some imput...WIP!!!!!

Warblade ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 9:25 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:31 AM

file_55920.jpg

was trying something new here and thought it looked "ok" but not to sure..Mind you i havent added any bluring yet.......

boblaprime ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 9:33 AM

Smoke looks great. How did you do that? The fire looks a little too much egg shaped. Maybe stretch it a bit to look like the plane is moving and the fire is streaking. You could also make the fuselage side of the broken wing look a little more ragged so it looks less like it fell off instead of being blown apart. Overall, I like it. Coming along nicely. Bob

Aldaron ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 12:58 PM

Booloean a negative rock into the end of the wing so it looks jagged instead of straight.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 1:25 PM

Where are the missing pieces of the wing that were blown off? This seems to be a stop action frame scene and the explosion has just taken place, so where is the wing debris? I agree with Boblaprime, the flames should have a more streaking affect to add to the action. As a matter of fact, so should the smoke, but I like how this is developing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 1:49 PM
Forum Moderator

The attacking planes could use some work on the cockpit glass..........just my 2 cents worth.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:26 PM

As a lover of blowning things up, I can appreciate this pic. That said, a few suggestions. The exploding plane looks too... I dunno... rigid maybe? Almost like you took the model, shuffled some of the parts around, then stuck a couple of smokey balls on it and wrapped it in a fireball. A good place to start, but it needs to flow a little better, I think. Make the debris from the explosion jagged. I think I'd also move the other planes back in the scene a bit. The next closest plane looks like its about to run into the one that just kerblooied. Keep on it though! This pic has potential.

Alan-ASD ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 4:50 PM

Here's my 2 cents worth... I agree with the previous statements that... - There needs to be some stretching, streaking, or motion effects applied to the fire and smoke, but not alot and problably not so much applied to the fire. With that much fire it looks like you are trying to capture the exact momment of the explosion. In which case there hasn't been time for the fire and smoke to streak back that much yet. There is going to be more streaking of flying of debriese from the explosion then from the foward motion of the plane unless we are looking at the plane after it has been hit. If we are looking at the plane after it has been hit then there should be less fire and more smoke and the smoke should be billowing backwards in a trail. - Booleaning a rock(s) out of the wing is a good idea, but use small rocks to make small damge detials close to body of the plane. - Most defiitely add the smaller debrise that would accompany such an explosion. Also... The wings tend to blow off a plane in one piece unless they take a direct hit. There shouldn't be a top and bottom half that have separated for one wing. The smoke and fire materials are very nice but you need to apply more of them to give them more of a chaotic look and shape. Make the fire objects much smaller as well. An explosion like that is going to take quite a number of overlaping objects to make it look convincing. Oh, and move the fire foward and center it anound the engine, otherwise you really need to blow the entire plane it bits to justify an explosion of that magnitude. Very good start!

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2003 at 10:46 PM

Usually when wings break off they're still getting that lift effect... Which means if it comes off it's more likely to twist up and back instead of forward and down. Dunno how much that counts for anything... That's my 2.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 12:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/2470/propstut.html

There's a good tut out there on making a propeller effect, which may add even more realism. Looking good, tho

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.