Fri, Sep 20, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Woo-hoo! More new red hair textures- complete your collection!

JohnRender ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 9:42 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

It's nice to know that there is more red-hair textures in the free stuff. I didn't see any last week, so I was getting a little concerned. Had our favorite red hair texture maker finally run out of red hair textures to make? Anything but that! Fear not! There's no need to open Photoshop and spend 2 minutes making your own textures. Here's the collection so far: 4/25/03: Red Tex for Minerva's Hair 4/24/03: Red tex for Koz's Wave Hair 4/14/03: Red Hair for Lourdes Hair 4/11/03: Red Hair for DAZ Wedge Cut 4/3/03: Red Hair for Koz's Long Hair 3/31/03: Red Hair for Koz's Alice Hair 3/21/03: Red Hair for Koz's Rei Hair 3/20/03: Red Hair for Koz's Kyoko Hair 3/18/03: Red Hair for Las Vegas Hair 3/10/03: Red Hair for Koz's Pony Tail 3/9/03: Red Hair for Koz's Short Hair 2/26/03: Red Hair for Reika Hair 2/17/03: Red Hair for Koz's Wave hair Try to collect them all... or wait a few weeks until they're reposted again! I don't know about you, but there are still some missing. I need a Red Texture for DAZ's UpDp Hair. Oh, wait, never mind, I just finished making one myself. And how about a Red Tex for the DAZ's Flip Hair? Oh, wait, I just finished that one too.

Darkginger ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 9:53 AM

Those of us who grow our own red hair appreciate this concerted and persistent effort to popularise the colour. Move over blondes! For too long have we redheads been cowering in your shade.. ;)

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 9:56 AM

What about Red Hair for Female Hair 3?

Alias ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 9:58 AM

Eowyn ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 11:13 AM

I thought the admins were supposed to do something about this?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 11:32 AM

Gee, I feel so left out, only one is for my hair! Of course most of mine (including the LV hair) already comes with a red texture, the LV hair actually has two, I think. ;-)

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 12:25 PM

How about some red hair for cats!!? Ohh...nope Daio already did that! A very nice red texture for cats I might add!:) I'm about "red dead" when it comes to the "reposts"....I must say.

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 12:35 PM

Seriously, has anyone asked this guy why he reposts so many times? I'm assuming there has to be some sort of reason beyond just getting page hits. Any idea?

EvoShandor ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:02 PM

Well, I always thought it was for those who don't have access to a photoshop-type program. Obviously folks are downloading them, so what the problem? Evo

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:04 PM

He gets flamed for this every once in a while. Last time it happened, he replied and from what I remember he was quite upset that people actually questionned his re-posting habits... It's quite easy to see the problem: If every free-stuff contributor re-posted their entire collection once a week... Well, let us pray that not too many follow his example!

Dizzie ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:21 PM

the admins made it clear in our last thread about this, that the problem is at the bottom of their To Do list...

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.byrontaylor.com/poser/reikared.html

While reposting may be at the bottom of their list, their rules states the following: "The links MUST BE TO FREE ITEMS. Any links found to non-free content will be immediately deleted". If you click on the link above, you can see where it takes you....a grey area to be sure, since the free item is there, but definitely also a link to "non-free content". These "reposts" are being done IMO, to promote the store. I can see an occasional "repost", and frankly I don't even have a problem linking those reposts to ones store, but my god this is all the time....two, three times a week or better.....just like SPAM! I guess if the "reposts" get annoying enough, people can always stop buying his products. That might get the message across better than anything.

Manikin Flesh ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 2:03 PM

I think another question is why someone would persist in doing something that aggravates people. Compared to what it was the amount of new freestuff items has slowed to a crawl because of the new policy of reviewing the items. To have items that are continually, ad nauseum, reposted can only further slow up the process and for no real benefit to anyone other then btsculptor. Also I believe there is an open hostile arrogance involved suggesting that he isn't bound by the same rules as everyone else. I would imagine if everyone started reposting all their freestuff items for a week or two that this would start ascending up the admins to do list.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 2:15 PM

Finally (and then I'm done complaining), it's not like these things disappear from free stuff....all you have to do is search for "red" and his is the first thing that pops up! So for those who really need this (don't have a photoshop program or whatever)....it is really pretty easy to find without reposting it ad nauseum. Once you find one, you can go to his store and download all his freestuff to your hearts content.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 2:21 PM

It's been going on for a long time, a year at least.

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 2:43 PM

Let me get this straight...

The complaint here is not about free textures, but all of the reposts of the SAME damn textures, week after week???!!!

Wouldn't want anyone to misread something, or read something other than what is trying to be said. Sarcasm around here often goes unrecognized.

Hair textures other than the standard black, blonde, and brown are much appreciated, but please consider the fact that reposting 5 times in a month may drive someone to the edge.

JFStan ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 3:02 PM

[Hair textures other than the standard black, blonde, and brown are much appreciated, but please consider the fact that reposting 5 times in a month may drive someone to the edge.]

I couldn't agree more.. It's also a little convenient that each hair texture thumbnail also features a texture and/or character set for sale. Coincidence...?

Product promotion is fine, but hammering away at it like that is a little much, IMHO. Glad someone else shares my opinion. :)

-=jfs=-

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:18 PM

spampic.jpg (yep it's a link too)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

HeWhoWatches ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:25 PM

Back when spam first started appearing on Usenet, it became obvious that some sort of objective standard would be needed for deciding what was spam and what wasn't, since most of us in the spam-fighting community are virulently anti-censorship. Eventually what was established by consensus was the Breidbart Index (BI). The BI is calculated by taking the number of times the same or substantively identical article has been posted to Usenet over a 45 day rolling window, multiplied by the square root of the number of newsgroups to which it has been crossposted. A BI of 20 or higher was considered to be spam. By using this formula, automated cancelbots were created which could generate a cancel message for each piece of spam without any human judgment necessary. Perhaps this is what Renderosity needs?

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:28 PM

NOOO not the Spampicture! Next we'll have vikings chanting "Spam spam spam"followed by a Lumberjack singin a song about wearing women's clothes....

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:32 PM

I think you've been watching too much commercial TV Axe! :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 4:36 PM

file_56259.jpg

hehehehe

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 5:44 PM

Is that what you watch over there!!?? And I thought American TV was strange! :)

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 5:56 PM

Hey, Monty Python is not STRANGE! American Idol... Survivor... Anna Nicole... These are strange(to be polite) What ever happened to The Young One's???

macmullin ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 6:08 PM

It got replaced with the "Dead Zone." :-)

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 6:26 PM

Well.....Monty Python is sort of strange.....but so are those others you mentioned.....in fact the others are just plain stupid. That's why I never watch commercial televison. I only watch C-Span. Is that exciting or what!

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 6:31 PM

Never heard of it. I used to tape them when MTV aired them(that was so long ago), but the tapes have seen better days. Oh well.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 7:28 PM

What ever happened to the Young One's???

Well ... Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson (and later, Christopher Ryan) moved on to the TV series Bottom. They also starred in the short-lived Filthy, Rich and Catflap, along with Nigel Planer.

I lost track of them after '95.

The complete Young Ones series is currently available as a DVD box set.

• We now return to your regularly drifting thread topic *

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 9:56 PM

"Hey, Monty Python is not STRANGE! American Idol... Survivor... Anna Nicole... These are strange(to be polite)" I totally agree!!!! And I'm an American...LOL. Please, could someone stop the madness of reality shows!! It's killing me; I hate to turn on the TV anymore. Give me a good exciting episode of MAS*H. And when nothing's on, there's always my Looney Tune tapes...hehehehehe ;o). Sorry, had to get that out ;o). Laurie

pimpinwillye ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 10:22 PM

Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson are still doing Bottom, they did a heap of live stage shows and are planning on doing another one really soon. They created the movie Guest House Paradiso and have also done a lot of cameo appearances in several shows. Nigel Planer......got no idea what he's doing. The guy who played Mike in the young ones (can't remember his name [my mind is going]) actually had a fatal heart attack about 5 years ago. (or was that Nigel Planer?)

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 11:09 PM

Lol ernyoka1 looked what you done to this thread with your inocent can of questionable meat by products.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2003 at 11:51 PM

Was the best that could happen to the thread, the red texs are most depressing, and extremely un-Python. Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam! Hey! Anybody know - are the original Python shows available on DVD? My old VHS tapes are really shabby by now..... There are 45 shows in all if I remember correctly. Plus the German shows and the commemorative show. Would make a nice DVD box. 18 hours of it, imagine watching it all in one go. Where's my padded cell!!!!! Anybody remember the Goon Show? Spike Milligan was the bloke who started the rot, created the compost that Monty Python grew up in. :] Fish

elgyfu ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 1:05 AM

Well come on BTSculptor. Just tell us WHY you keep reposting. You were very defensive and so must have a good reason. You surely agree that if we all reposted freebies every few weeks then the system would be ridiculously clogged up. You know there is a perfectly good search system. We are all very gratefull for freebies, we understand that they are unconditional gifts. But this is obviusly anoying people and does seem suspicious. So simply, why?

pimpinwillye ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 1:09 AM

I'm listening to the goon show right now! I've got 128 episodes on my computer and still collecting (not even half way there)

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 2:30 AM

Hey, hey, hey!!!!!! pimpin, where did you find those? Huh? Huh? Huh? Is there a site someplace... I have about 10 or so on tape. :] BottleBleu

sparrowheart ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 3:47 AM

"And now for something completely different..." might be a new lead-in for the reposts of red hair textures. Think? Oh well...my feeble attempt to tie in Python with the Red Hair Repost dilemma. Little Dragon, thanks much for the information about the Young Ones DVD set. I want to get that! Kimberly

crowhat ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 7:25 AM

I certainly agree that this party needs their own category. Maybe something like "Most Eyes Rolled At" or simply: "Pointless Links". Although perhaps room could be found there for the "Redneck Slogans" T-shirt textures and the "Really-Silly-Restrictions" offerings as well.

JohnRender ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 7:53 AM

Remember, this guy is setting the precedent by reposting the re-hair textures. If he can repost his stuff over and over and have the link go to a mostly for-sale page, then everyone else should feel free to do it also.

hecate ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:25 AM

Couldn't resist, even if it's OT in the thread- The Complete monty Python Flying Circus is indeed available on DVD, and as a boxed set, even. I got it this Christmas past, an absolute must-have for any Monty Python fan!

adele ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 11:43 AM

You people need to get a handle on your ADS. While this thread was careening of into TV trivia, ( thats television not transvestites), I'm just trying to help you stay focused. Our hero has again reposted another item. Thats one a day so far this week. So the thread ends on topic, unless a debate starts on the pros and cons of Second City TV and whether John Candy is really dead. Bon Apppetit

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 12:29 PM

Oh, this hasn't gone unnoticed. More information as it becomes available. Cheers! Cres The publically neutral mod.

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 1:10 PM

Can somebody post a red texture for a box of spam? big 'Ol cheesy grin

JohnRender ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 2:42 PM

Personally, I'm waiting for the Red Tex for the Poser 4 Angelfish and Raptor! Oops, I think I just gave the guy more ideas when he runs through all the hair styles. Coming soon- red tex for the P4 Male and Female! Red Tex for Vicky 3 and Mike!

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 3:05 PM

hecate, thanks for info - I'll be looking for that box! Is it ALL 4 SERIES? Really complete? Wow. :] Fish

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 4:37 PM

You know, I just looked at a couple of them, BTW, they are pretty clearly just the original textures recolored. But you can't redistribute things like that without permission, remember! How are these getting past the "new" system?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 5:32 PM

...that reminds me - I could use a Red tex for Vicky's various pubic hair props... no sense in having all my vickies be "bottle-reds", is there? /P

fauve ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 5:33 PM

True enough, Penguinisto... when it comes to Vicki, more often than not "the carpet don't match the drapes."

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 6:56 PM

If any are just recolorations of other people's works, please let us know. We try to catch them, but we're not perfect. Thanks! Crescent

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 1:48 AM

Has anyone considered that perhaps aliens are commanding him to do this? He might also be possesed by the ghost of Lucille Ball.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 8:08 AM

Boycott his store and it will stop. Marque

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 9:01 AM

O.K. I usually stay out of this one. But I have a question. Under the "new" system, doesn't freestuff have to be approved? So why not just not approve reposts unless there was a change? Make them tell you what has changed before the repost is approved. Or am I misunderstanding. Haven't really paid that close attention to the new freestuff changes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.