Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Head Camera/character POV

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2003 at 9:01 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:23 PM

Does anyone know how to parent a camera to the inside of a character's head, so I can look out "from their viewpoint?" I realize I would need to set the hither properly, but every time I try to parent the camera, it gets moved out from 'inside' the character's head. THanks,

-Yggdrasil- ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 6:54 AM

Ok, what exactly is "hither" on a camera, anyway? I set it to some random values and don't see much of a change. As to your dilemma, have you tried using the Aux or Face camera for your POV? I think certain cameras can only go so far...

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 8:04 AM

"Hither" sets the point at which anything closer to the camera is invisible. To see it in action sight the camera up an arm from the finger tip and move toward the fingertip slowly. At some point, the tip will disappear and you will see "inside" the finger. Reduce Hither, and the fingertip will reappear. Technically, you could do the camera from the head's POV by putting the camera behind the head and then setting Hither to make the entire head invisible. That would have parallax problems with objects close to the head, though.

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 8:58 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_56436.JPG

Just did some "side work" on the image I was working on, and here's the answer to the problem. When you parent the camera, it gets relocated for some reason. So first parent it, **THEN** position it. Results above (cheap jpg, sorry).

You can't use the cameras that switch from character to character, so forget Face, Hands, Posing, or Dolly. (Think about it. What happens when you switch current figure?) Your choices are Main or Aux, and that's about it. I did the whole thing with Aux, and when I move Mick's head, the camera moves to look at what he's looking at. I even animated it. No problem. (Well, except that her hair started hopping around, but that's another thread....)

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 10:19 AM

Thanks Mickmca, I'll try it with Aux camera. I think I was using the Face camera, and in retrospect, what you said about changing from character to character would obviously cause problems. Is there any way to actually create new cameras?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.