Fri, Sep 20, 7:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:18 pm)

Subject: Black Panther Freebie

freyfaxi ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 2:02 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:08 AM

Has anyone been able to get ShadowRose's Black Panther Freebie posted on the 26th ? I've nor been able to access the site at all

Bryde ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 2:23 AM

Nope, I can't get it either. I only get this error message: We are sorry, but the file you are trying to download is larger than the maximum length permitted under current network conditions. Please try again later when network conditions change. The file you were trying to download was 1089816 bytes. Looks she is on a low bandwidth free hosting site...might try in the middle of the night...

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 4:43 AM

I was just able to download it. Here is what I got. I clicked on the second link and it came up no problem. Sorry, but non-html files may only be downloaded if linked to directly from the site hosting them. Please scroll all the way to the bottom of this page where you will find a link to the file you are looking for. Click here to go to the site hosting the file you were trying to get. Click here to get the file you were trying to download.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Bryde ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 8:01 AM

Hm...I might be stupid but on what shall I click in your message??? There is no URL to click... I click on the Download button here in the Freestuff section then I get to the page with the error message. I then tried to get to the index page of ShadowRose's site at http://shadowrose.web1000.com/ but instead of showing it I am re-directed to http://www.web1000search.com/ So where to go for the thing you said I should click at???? Your message is a bit mysterious to me... did you try to add several screenies or something?

ShadowRose ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2003 at 11:39 AM

Hey guys! Yes, I have a crappy free website.. I could only do that and am away on business or I'd make a website for it. In the beginning, you'll come up with an error. But at the end, it says 'click here to get the file you were trying to download' and you should be able to get it. Anyone have any ideas on a good free web hosting site? ;) I really hope you guys can download it. Thanks for the interest!

Bryde ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 11:39 AM

Attached Link: The Fellowship ::: Poser Stuff, 3D Models, Props, Textures, Tutorials :::

I have been looking for a new host too, since LadyCherry shut down all the sites one her server due to abuse of her generousity. I'm affraid, but looks none of the free host will allow a direct link either to a zip file nor to an image. You will always have to have a page with the download link on it there. Another draw back is the fact, that most of the free ones have bandwidth restrictions and even file-size restrictions. I did not find any free hosting with real unlimited bandwidth useage and without file-size restrictions. Some even don't allow zip files on their server... If you do find something, please let us know. One place where you could check is The Fellowship Online Resources. I have some free models there. They host the file for you and even create the download for you, but you can't link directly to the files and they don't offer webspace for a site. If you want to check them out, click on the link above. They are always on a look-out for new members. You could also try BigI, but they want you to become a member for the download too, while The Fellowship does not require such a thing.

Bryde ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:00 PM

Attached Link: The Fellowship ::: Poser Stuff, 3D Models, Props, Textures, Tutorials :::

file_56450.jpg

Crap...Renderosity messed up the link...it is www.the3dfellowship.com of course... Oh and I still can't get to anything on that error message. There certainly is not text part or anything else which tells me to click here to download the file...very strange. This is, how my screen looks alike. Anyways, maybe you will become a fellow member at the Fellowship and upload your free thingies there, so that everyone can download them.

ShadowRose ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:51 PM

I'm currently looking into purchaseable webspace. So, hopefully, stuff will work better soon ;) I can then post stuff free to my heart's content! WOO!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.