Fri, Sep 20, 9:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Voting on Gallery Uploads

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 8:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:57 PM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/polls.ez

We are bringing the gallery uploads issue up for discussions. We have had several threads discussing the gallery uploads of 3 per day. We have created a poll [(click here)](http://www.renderosity.com/polls.ez) for you to place your vote. Please use this thread for voicing your feedback on this issue.

This poll is for feedback only to let us know your thoughts. We will look at the number of participants and reserve the right to make the final decision.

The poll will be active for one week and will close on Thursday May 8th.

thanks

umblefugly ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 9:11 AM

I vote for 1 main gallery upload per day.I should clarify that, 1 upload for the general galleries and if the member has a product coming soon then an additional one for the Product Showcase and Product Forum while the WIP and Beginner galleries remain at the same status. Just my 2 cents:)

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 9:20 AM

im with umble on this one

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 9:26 AM

I didn't vote because it stilkl allows 3 per day on any give day - I like umble's idea :-D

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Shademaster ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 9:48 AM

1 upload per day for the really busy galleries like Poser...

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:04 AM

I'd rather have one per day still, but 7 per week is the closest on the poll, so... 7 per week :

derjimi ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:06 AM

Umblefugly said it... :) "1 upload for the general galleries and if the member has a product coming soon then an additional one for the Product Showcase and Product Forum while the WIP and Beginner galleries remain at the same status."

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:23 AM

id say 1 a week.....there are too many memebrs here ....if you restrict the uploads then memebrs will only put up their best work ....go to cgtalk and see what they produce.....many members there are not in a race to see who can uplaod the most images ....its about quality and not quantity

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:26 AM

that poll sucks.....sorry to say....there isnt enough options its either one or the other.....and of course the option of it doesnt matter ...which is really not an option ...it should have 4 options without the it doesnt matter one ...but thats my opinion and majority rules :-)

Hyria ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:41 AM

I like umblefugly's idea :) 1 a day to the main gallery then one to another gallery. Only thing I may see as being a problem is if someone has 3 great images and no ex. WIP or even Bryce images. May get a little...shall we say "annoyed" at the restriction. Just MHO :) It is still a great idea though :)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:47 AM

I voted are we suppose to vote somewhere else? Sharen

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:51 AM

I just wonder why it matters. I can understand if it's a problem with admin. about the tons of stuff bogging down their server, but for members...I just don't know why it matters. Yes, I'm one who uploads at least one a day...somedays more. LOL

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:51 AM

My personal feeling is that gallery space should be limited to disc space rather than number of uploads. Just my opinion though...

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 10:59 AM
Site Admin

Yes, the poll is the place to vote. But this forum is where you post your thoughts. We will take into consideration both. thanks tammy

Rc2000 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 11:16 AM

So far I haven't uploaded anything. I was wondering if there is or will be an option for those of us that can, to link directly to our art on our sites (for those of us that have em). Basically, hot-link to em. That would save space here. Rc

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 11:43 AM

Well if you have the space what does it matter? I go on a specific day now to the galleries....there are so many now and hard to get to them all. So, if they don't mind that not everyone will be able to see them cause there are so many, guess it doesn't matter. Sharen

CATMANDO ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 11:57 AM

I have been spending way too much time looking thru the gallery so see what is new and do not have any more time left to actually work on a rendering. One a day would be great. I personally find it hard to have enough time to post one a week. Mike

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:22 PM

"But this forum is where you post your thoughts. We will take into consideration both." Right, in that case, I still vote for my original proposition from the Ideas Forum, that being that only one image be allowed per day. :) Whether "per day" means a real day, or a 24hr period doesn't matter to me. Second best is the 7 images per week idea that's in the poll, but this wouldn't be as effective IMO.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:35 PM

I sorta like it the way it is. But I understand where the people who want to drop it to one a day/7 per week are coming from. You spend all that time to get something right, and then have it buried under who knows how many new postings... So it never gets viewed... How about modifying it a bit... Say like one could "trade in" old pics to get more in a week. That way, if you have some of your earlier works that aren't all that great - you could remove them and get a point towards uploading something new. Perhaps having a limit on that as well to keep rotation modest. I dunno how well it could work, but leave it to me to come up with crazy ideas.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Poisen ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:46 PM

one a day sounds good, more killer,less filler.

unclebob ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 12:46 PM

I like the 1 per week, but if not that then 1 per day... reasoning .. someone makes a very slight update to an image then reposts it on the same day... ie: changing the color of the car from red to blue

EvoShandor ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 1:27 PM

Hey, I'm not sure if this is being debated, but I would like a way to view the gallery without seeing images containing nudity. I'd like to be able to view them at work. That sort of thing makes sense. Marking an image with a nudity flag alone does nothing if the thumbnail is a close up of a pair of breasts. Make sense? Evo

ladynimue ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:17 PM

Hey Evo, Under Member Options (on the side bar menu)there is a link to "My Profile" Click on that link Within that page you can set the nudity button to No Nudity! Hope that helps :) ladynimue

EvoShandor ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:36 PM

ok, thanks for the help ladynimue :)

Rockatansky ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:38 PM

ONE A DAY! PLEASE! This will hopefully bring quality up and stop people posting the doodles they did on their notepad when they were bored at work! I probably post once every couple of months and am sick of my work being buried by 'My crap doodle Version 1', 'My crap doodle Version 2' and 'My crap doodle Version 3)'.

Rockatansky ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:40 PM

The options given suck! Where is the 'One a Day' button - 7 posts in a week is not the same thing!

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:40 PM

One a day.

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:43 PM
Site Admin

One a day sounds the most reasonable to me as well.. everything disappears so fast there.. unless you have a direct link it's an ordeal to watch most of new images and one is definately to skip unless he has too much time to kill! Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:51 PM

Is it possible to modify the poll, as it looks like most people here - me included of course ;) - would prefer one a day but this option isn't in the poll? IMHO it should have been, really, as it was the one per day that I originally put forward..? <:() how do you do a hopeful face? <:() was the best I could come up with...

rross128 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:52 PM

In my personal opinion, I think it should be based weekly. Given I hardly ever post anything, but if you were to go 7 a week, that'd be essentially the same as 1 a day, but for those that are about to release a product or are like me and work on a couple things at the same time and hardly ever post, it allows them to be more flexible instead of putting them on lock down. Just my thought

genosiideri ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:55 PM

Keep it as it is! people keep uploading stupid renders all day long if u increase it. :)

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 2:58 PM

it doesnt matter if its once a day....it still gonna get buried.....usually the fractal group posts 3 at a time ...honestly it really should be once a week with this many members.....i wish the admins. would give that option of once a week on the polls

gumbykat ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:10 PM

I like it the way it is - the 3/day - when it comes to the fractal gallery. We don't get the volume that some of the other galleries get. If uploads were reduced to 1/day, there wouldn't be much to see . . .

dirk5027 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:11 PM

1 per day per person

purplehayes ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:16 PM

Once a week. Too much stuff looking the same. Artistic whim MUST BE limited. "L'art vit de contraintes mais meurt de trop de libert (I loosely translate: art lives in constraints, but dies of too much freedom) The real original pics don't show up as often (they need more work, don't they ?) as the standard silicone-boobed-staring-vacantly-vicky-pinup. Or the deformed-photo-photoshop-filter-test-copyright-infringement-but-it-was-a-paintshop-tube-dontcha-know. Not to mention the fractals gallery (my opinion). Not that I don't like pinups (mind you, I love looking at nude women everytime I can), but I also like to look at a good surreal image too. My -ahem- humble opinion. PH

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:18 PM

I am with rockets I have No clue why it matters. And not sure if I will keep posting anything here if it goes to one a day. To me that is just dumb. Sorry if I sound rude but to me other places allow more uplaods then one a day and I will go there to post if I need more then one and foget it about posting often here. I love to do renders and love to post them. If someone don't like that I say stay out of the galleries. Well what ever does not look like I am in the majority so have funa nd when you ever get better at doing images and get a few done in a week enjoy Not being able to post them, inless you flood the form.

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:24 PM

I have voted for 7 per week but I really think it should be 3-4 per week and not more than 1 per day. Being selective is one of the most important qualities for an artist and this will teach us to be more selective, and force those who upload just to see their name up there no matter what, to exercise a little very good self-criticism. I also think that the WIP gallery should be free (no limits) but should also be deselectable, i.e. one should be able to choose to see "all galleries except WIP"

creativechaos ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:37 PM

I'm with Blazer and Rockets on this one. I do a lot of stuff speratically...not necessarily on a daily basis, but I like uploading when I finish a piece, not wait till I can upload again. I'll post it somewhere else and forget about it. I really don't see why it matters. The galleries are already split into sub categories, so people don't have to wade through stuff they don't want to see. That shoudl be enough.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:37 PM

1 a day per gallery. Not more!! Preferably even less. :] Fish

Shoshanna ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:39 PM

I wish the 7 a week had been one a day, as I think this will just mean the same weekend flood of 3 posts on Friday and Saturday, burying any work posted then in minutes. Shanna :-)

mlevans ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:41 PM

I trust this will not offend anyone, but rockets is correct. If this is a server performance or a bandwidth issue then certainly some sort of constraint needs to be instituted. If not, then it's just silly. Also, the notion that people posting here are in some sort of race to post great quantities of images, thereby sacrificing quality, is ludicrous, and is an insult to some of the finest and most productive members of this community (I do not number myself among those people, by the way; there are too many who are far better than I). We have here a great number of people at many varied levels of skill. What is viewed by some as "my crap doodle #1" may very well be the first fumbling efforts of someone trying very hard to learn the skill and has indeed spent a great deal of time in achieving what he or she has posted. The only way that people like that will get any better is by constant practicing, posting freely, and getting help/comments from others who have been down the same road. On another point, those who try making money from art can tell you that the competition does not limit itself to one presentation per day or whatever. Everybody puts forth as much of their best work as possible in order to get the contract, and devil take the hindmost. This site presents many people with a great opportunity to get their work seen, and that's a good thing. It won't be improved though by tightening up the posting limitations. And as Blazerwiccan mentioned, much as I like posting here, it's not the only site on the Net. Peace.

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:42 PM

This is a hard one. I enjoy looking at ALL posts, but there are soooo many that it consumes several hours of my time each day, usually twice daily, to see them all. Somehow I think the number of posts should be limited, but I'm not sure how that will work. Some artists may leave Renderosity due to limiting the number of posts per day/week. I usually only post an image once every week or two. Sometimes I feel that some artists post each and every render they make instead of being more selective of what would be considered "Art".

Zodo ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:48 PM

Once per day max. And crack down on duplicate accounts too.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:49 PM

I voted for the 7 a week option as it was the closest to the 1 a day which wasn't really an option. To the detractors, I've found that images that are posted one a day are far more likely to get seen and such than 3 a day, where people look at one and skip the other two...Just a thought...

Doesn't most WIP's wind up in the forums anyway?

tammymc ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:54 PM
Site Admin

once a poll has been created, we can not change it for it would mess up the stats. we will monitor the poll and forum. thanks tammy

ladynimue ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:55 PM

7 a week is once a day :) Only becomes less than once a day if you post 3 images in one day :)

Rebekah ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 3:58 PM

I think that it should be limited to a certain number of images per member. For example, a total of 25 images per member. Then when they need to upload that 26th image, they can decide which image to take down. This would save Renderosity some money on storage space and it would 'clean up' the galleries where people only leave what they feel is their best work. Rebekah

Karma ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 4:00 PM

I would like to have it 1 per day. Why do you NEED to post more than one a day anyways? If you do like to make multiple images a day, then at least you can critque yourself by choosing the one you think is best and putting it up. Just because you pass up an image one day, it doesn't mean you can't post it the next. This isn't a contest on who can crank as many images out as possible per day.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 4:03 PM

I don't agree with the gallery size limits because it's not just a matter of your best work, but showing diversity in your work as well. However, I do think that clearing out the images of members that haven't logged in in a year or so might not be a bad idea (or two years even)...

nnuu ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 4:04 PM

you guys gals (admin) could make a new poll..... rebekah ...nice fresh idea

ShadowRose ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2003 at 4:04 PM

I think once a day is a good idea too. The ones that get posted, will get more attention instead of being drowned by tons and tons of additions in the next ten minutes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.