Sat, Sep 21, 4:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Export functionality

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:48 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:41 AM

Hi all, I wonder what can be exported from Vue and what formats are supported. There are several restrictions with other programs (e.g. dynamic hair/clothers with Poser5, Trees with Bryce5,...). I like to render some things in C4D and wonder if I can import the Vue vegetation somehow. I don't have Vue yet and I would like to know. Thanks - TFX

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:56 AM

Look into our FAQ section! The only thing to be exported are terrains - nothing else. Why don't you have a look into the demo version? Maybe that gives you a better impression about the package.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 9:58 AM

So if you use Vue, you cannot use an alternate render engine. I'll definitely have a look into the demo version. Thanks for the input.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:50 AM

Yes you're wright. Like most render focused programs it does not give away what is has. Bryce, Renderman, etc - always the same. But in a way it makes sense. They stand at the end of the chain and they are responsible for good renderings. Not for modeling etc. That you can do more with them (Bryce, Vue) is an add-on.

Thalaxis ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:25 AM

The problem is that they limit your ability to make use of other tools. For example, if you're working with LightWave or Cinema4D, you would want to be able to use the LW/Cinema renderer for the objects & animations created there, and use the Vue renderer for foliage, atmospherics, and skies. Yes, you can make it work with z-buffer comps and such, but that introduces other issues that are difficult to work around.

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 1:10 PM

That's why e-on has introduced ozon - to give other programs the abability to use atmos and skies. Finally don't forget what you are comparing. A low cost program like Vue or Bryce and high end, high price ones like Cinema or LW. If you want the ideal world (in a way), you must switch to something like Maya or Softimage. And pay the price. Regarding the price/performance relation i think nothing can beat Vue or Bryce. Again, we are here in the low price segment. But - for me - not in the low quality one.

Thalaxis ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 1:16 PM

In terms of the price/value ratio for Vue, I agree completely -- its quality is definitely higher than its price implies. I just wish that Ozone brought the foliage and landscapes with it; then it would REALLY rock. On the other hand, with XFrog becoming an integrated plugin (I downloaded and experimented with the Cinema beta of XFrog 4, it's VERY sweet), the foliage issue might be less relevant. I certainly like Vue's sky and volumetric rendering, though!

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 2:37 PM

The reason for my question is, that I still search for the best program for my fantasy story I plan to do. Bryce seemed a good choice (There are a lot outdoor scenes), but the foilage turned my attention to Vue. Cinema 4D seemed also a good choice, because of the integrated modeller, but if you want to have good foilage, you have to pay a lot extra and it is expensive compared to Vue. I agree with Thalaxis, that this Ozone features would be great, but it seems that Vue together with Poser4 might be a good choice for my future plans. Rhino2 may be the modeller and morph tool of my choice. Thanks for the discussion...

Thalaxis ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 3:26 PM

Given your needs, I'd say that you're probably right. Also, if you need a modeler for something besides people, there are quite a few cheap/free options that are hardly as lame as their prices imply, like Wings3D and Nendo. Quite capable modellers... and Wings3D is a freebie.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.