Sun, Sep 22, 3:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need some help...

Warblade ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:13 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:36 AM

I am trying to make that nice soft atmosphereic glow around some plantes,Problem is i cant seem to figure it out and not able to find a tut on it anywhere.If anyone knows this process it would be a big help to me. Thank you. =Warblade=

Roch222 ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:50 PM

file_57125.jpg

Im assuming you mean planets and not plants, here is a picture of a simple planet with a light glow around it ----is this what you are looking to do? if so Ill explain, very EZ

roch222

Warblade ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 8:57 PM

LOL yes i mean planets..Thanx =)

Roch222 ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 9:15 PM

file_57126.jpg

I dont know If I am clear - let me know how you do, im sure there are a million different ways to get the same effect - but this is the only one I know using just bryce and not a 2D editor

POst your Image OK

roch222

PS Make sure the last Biggest Sphere is surrounding everything including camera

TRIPD ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 5:21 AM

file_57127.jpg

I tried this out for myself. I posted the pic of how mine turned out. any other way to do this and did I do it wrong?

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 8:17 PM

That looks cool. I'll have to make a mental note about this. :)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:50 AM

I think you did okay. You can also use a volume texture if you want the atmosphere to add it's color to the planet. Ine realism thing to add though: On the dark side of the planet the sky should be darker and less visible too. To do this keep a low ambient setting and a higher diffusion setting.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TRIPD ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:15 PM

Kool thx I will try that out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.