Thu, Sep 19, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: Stud Mike's Fetish Clothing Set 4 - Comments please

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:39 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

file_57241.jpg

OK, So I'm using modeling as therapy. It helps, except when I throw the telephone through the window. Set 4 will include a pair of short boots, a multi mapped panel shirt/vest combination, a simple vest with lots of stud options, and a pair of leather pants (which are turning out really nice). I hope to have these done by the end of the week. Then I'm going to wait to do set 5 until I finish the Imagination Gown for Koshini and the Wizard School robe for Mike. Set 5 is harnesses, leather and chain, and a onesie or two. The I start on the V2/V3 Fetish sets (2 of them). Comments on the pants and shirt? Anything anyone would like to see included? Help? Please? Ideas?

LadyTieryn ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 4:54 PM

Looks wonderful as always. :) keep up the great work

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 5:06 PM

By the end of the week?? Sheessh. As someone who can't model worth ^&%$^%, I think I can safely say that that's almost disgusting.....

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 5:43 PM

They look FAB! Keep 'em coming! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 7:49 PM

One of the basic problems with the Michael body is the breasts. Really fat and really muscled men have them, but most men don't. Even if your shirt clings that tightly (probable in fetish wear), the vest wouldn't. If you don't want to smooth over it, you might consider disguise: buckles or flap pockets (think Great White Hunter) or something. If you go with the predatory look, animal patterns can be used with the black leather, rather than the military camo. Just some thoughts.... Carolly PS, I know what you mean about using art as therapy. Sometimes I want to choke something/someone, but being creative reaffirms that I'm human.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 8:07 PM
Online Now!

well the set you have looks great ... I appreciate the material zones.. looks very flexible. I'm not so sure about the vest hugging tight to the chest like that without any fasteners visible. But if you brought it out, you'd need to extend the 'shirt' mesh a bit moreunderneath and ideas for more stuff for Mike: Flares, jumpsuit a la Travolta, poofy shirt (tucked and untucked, laced and non, ruffled and non), bodystocking with gloves, hiphop pants... oh just open the catalog 'International Male' and make a few pages grin

Carcinogen ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 8:39 PM

Looks like another winner! It is nice to see the material zones that allow more versatility. Very nice. I like the sleeker belt too. I wonder if the shirt under the vest is a separate mesh? That could be kind of cool to be able to choose trans or not, even though it was a single mesh. We are looking forward to your other mentioned projects! Especially Koshini.

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 9:15 PM

Looks good! Ideas!?!...You have been whipping these out so fast that you usually have any covered before I think of them. lol And I agree about the material zones. The more, the better. (Kind of like men, now that I think of it...lol) I'd say keep up the good work, but I afear you will burn your poor computer up pretty soon. ;)

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:11 PM

file_57242.jpg

I agree with the idea that form fitting clothing needs somehing to hold it together, or not. So I added chains across the abs. These are seperatly mapped and can be turned on and off. I may or may not get to the pockets, but it's a good idea. Animal pattern? Sure! Just find one you like (I don't do texturing on these, can't texture worth a d*mn). The vest is part of the shirt, but it has a full shirt underneath, so the vest can be turned off, and the entire shirt shows. And it's funny you mentioned International Male. I got the idea for the pants in the optomitrist office when the only thing to read was Voque. Going out tonight to get a copy of IM. I haven't looked at one since I was a teenager oogling the pictures (grin). Here's 3 different views of the same outfit. Black leather with chains and animal print (I know I could have found a better print, sorry), brown leather jacket style, no shirt, and red velvet PJs for a romance touch. Is it versatle enough for you? BTW, the boots are from Wasamah's Utilize set. I can't do better than them.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:52 PM

Thank goodness someone still believes that Mike is worth modelling for. Lord knows that DAZ seems to be clueless in that regard. Keep up the good work.

Elfwine ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 12:47 AM

how bout' pockets (a place for your wallet & chain) or fringe? or cargo pockets on the legs? Or a zipper at the wrist to elbow?

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:43 AM

Oooooo luvverly! :] Fish

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:55 AM

Thank you for that comment Mark, glad i'm not the only one that feels that way

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 7:43 AM

Between these and the other three, you've really opened a whole new range for Mike. Just playing with the materials zones alone, as you show here, gives this thing a pretty wide swath, but if there are texture maps available (I haven't checked, sorry), we could really go wild.

azl ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 9:18 AM

Great set of clothes. I'd like to see the belt removable, or make it a separate prop or accessory. Makes the pants more versatile. Also, any way to close the gap between the abs and pants? Again, for more versatility.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:36 AM

azl, The belt and buckle are both seperatly mapped, so you can turn them off. The shirt will have a longer morph (I hope). I'm almost finished with these two pieces. Next the vest and simple short boots and it'll be ready.

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:54 PM
Online Now!

just for yucks and giggles could you make optional props of chains from the vest shoulders? Just a simple chain attached at the front and looping on the arm and fastened at the back of the sleeve ..like on a motorcycle jacket. Just smartprops would be fine, since you wouldn't want them all the time. The velvet looks great ..Poser 5 texture?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:44 PM

... some GQ style clothing would be cool, too. Incidentally, MARK: if you want DAZ to stop concentrating on Vicky, then you'll have to convince folks to stop buying all her stuff :) (The V3 Male morphs ferinstance make for quite a decent guy - not the overly-muscled meathead that Mike is, but a real male human-type critter... a nice change for once :) ) /P

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:31 PM

Uh.... a few things. First, I like the chain on a jacket shoulder idea. I may do it with this combo, if not, then the next one. Seccond, there may be a bit of a delay on these, but not by much. I just got Amapi 5.1! Wow! I've got some things I want to rework, but should get them done by tomorrow night. I probably won't include short boots in this set. I can't get them as nice as other free stuff, or different enough to warrent releasing them. Third, Daz does seem to be interested in male stuff. I was contacted by their broker wanting to talk about my stuff being brokered by them. The Mike stuff and stuff for the V3 male. Made my day! However, the Mike fetish sets are all free, and will remain so. I am working on Wizard School robes for him and the Millenium Kids, and I may submit them to Daz, if they're interested. And an imagination gown for Konishi (which is starting to look pretty good). Finally, there may be a 3 to 4 week gap before anything else gets released. My father had a heart valve replacement yesterday, and I get to fly back to Indiana for 3 weeks to take care of him and my mother (who has Altzheimers). So anything that isn't finished by Saturday will probably not be available until I can get back to Portland. I must love my parents. Nothing else could get me to leave beuatiful, liberal Portland and go to conservative and flat Indiana. If anyone is in the southern Indiana area, let me know. One last side note: Any texture people want to do a tighty-whitey underwate texture for a pair of briefs? They're almost finished, and actually look really nice.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:33 PM

...if you want DAZ to stop concentrating on Vicky, then you'll have to convince folks to stop buying all her stuff...

Gee, that sounds like a practical, workable idea. (!) People will buy what's offered. They'll even download the weekly freebie without any interest in the object itself. It's offered.

I paid for a Platinum Club membership, and although I own Vicky, I have no interest in evening gowns and silly masks. The lack of Mike stuff offered by DAZ has become ludicrous. The last time they sold a clothing pack for Mike was during the Clinton administration. The guy doesn't even have a decent pair of underwear.

Vicky as a man? Well, If you think she's a decent guy, take her, she all yours.:p

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:48 PM

"Gee, that sounds like a practical, workable idea. (!) People will buy what's offered. They'll even download the weekly freebie without any interest in the object itself. It's offered. " My point exactly... which is why I mentioned it. DAZ is interested in male stuff, but you forget: Most of the stuff made and sold there is done by independent brokers, since the staff is busy trying to allocate resources as they can (which is their work tends to lean towards Vicky, their highest-selling product, or towards utilities and coding , like Mimic and DAZ|Studio, both of which are some rather huge undertakings.) (Speakin' of which, pdxjims, you may want to give it a serious go; you stand to make a hefty income out of it at DAZ by comparison to most places.) Seriously though - the male morph of the V3 Mesh (called "Victor" I believe) is more to the proportions of a normal guy, IMHO, esp. the face, which doesn't require a lantern jaw, big brow, and a cleft chin all the time. I'll see if I can't whip up a render this weekend. I noticed a recent MP item that gives him a penis and a decent body texture aside from the excellent default male texture DAZ supplies. /P

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:13 PM

Vicky is their hottest selling product because they've positioned it to be, not because they've simultaneously released a Mike3 and it tanked. Not because their customer base is making a demand for more Vicky stuff. They offer, people buy. Right now, they offer Vicky accessories, because that's what they want sold. Ad infinitum. As someone here recently said, ...she's got more shit than Barbie...

I don't think Victor is a decent male figure. It's a compromise. A stall until (or if) Mike 3 is released. My comment was, and still is, addressed to DAZ. Ninety-five percent of what they--and their brokers--offer is for Vicky. I don't think setting aside five percent of that model creation base for basic Mike stuff is asking for too much.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:33 AM
Online Now!

then us brokering types should make more Mike stuff shrug What do you want to see?

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 6:23 PM

Hair. God, hair.

Sportswear: Including morphing sports uniforms. Baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer. (The transmapped catsuit will go just so far.) A morphing poloshirt. A morphing henley shirt (no collared T with four buttons down the neck front)

Uniforms: Morphing police, fireman, complete soldier (the DAZ combat pack is half of what should have been offered).

Footwear: One pair of dockers, and one pair of running shoes make up Mike's current shoe wardrobe. If you add his football cleats, three.

Underwear: Boxers, briefs. Anything. (Again, the catsuit doesn't cut it).

Overalls: Morphed to Mike's body types.

Just getting started. I invite anyone else to feel free to add to this list.

And thanks for responding, Lyrra...

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:29 PM

Is this item still available? If so, where? I went to the reality's poison site and of course it's under construction or something. David

jefsview ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 7:06 PM · edited Thu, 26 July 2007 at 7:07 PM

Most of Jim's older stuff is over at OKCRandy's forums

Not certain about M2 products, but everything else is there.

Well, there's an empty thread for M1/M2. Guess Jim might be putting them back soon. You should PM him either through here or from PP or DAZ.

-- Jeff

mickmca ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 6:32 AM

PoserWorld -- the best deal in the business -- has lots of "normal" guy stuff, as in things people might actually wear to go to Safeway for a pint of cream.... Most of their guy clothing is modelled for David, Mike, and Apollo. Some G2 and Don stuff as well.

PdxJims: This "fetish" outfit actually looks like it would have some "non-fetish" usefulness. Can't wait to see the finished product. It's looking good. Have to check out the rest at OKRandy.
M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.