Fri, Sep 20, 11:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: where can I get Bryce

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

Can someone tell where's the best place to get Bryce for the best price ? cableguy

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:09 AM

I got bryce 2 as a covermount CD a few years ago then got the upgrade from Amazon.com (55 for the upgrade to 5).

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:15 AM

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm new to this. I dont understand what you mean by " covermount ". Could you tell me what that is in American currencey please ? Thank you Cableguy

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:44 AM

I think covermount just means it was a CD that came with a magazine. I got my first version of bryce (version 2) from a cover-cd of a magazine and I later got the free version of Bryce 3D with issue one of 3DWorld. I then upgraded to bryce 5 by buying the upgrade in a local store. But if you want to get bryce slightly cheaper then straight out of the store you can take a look at Amazon. I have hear that you can get cheaper versions there.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:57 AM
Forum Moderator

We call them 'Cover Discs' here in the UK. Useless info but then I'm full of it (useless info that is!) LOL

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

wildman2 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:58 AM

try e-bay

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:32 AM

If you are a student you can get Bryce 5 from JourneyEd.com at a real good price (under $100 maybe even under $50 not sure) thats how I got mine, but it doesn't come with a manual so you may want to invest in Susan Kitchens book also which can sometimes be found on Amazon's used books for under $20. HTH let me know if I need to clarify anything I've said.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:53 AM

Thanks for all your help people, really appreciate it

dcn30 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:06 PM

Attached Link: http://internet-news.gmxhome.de

if you want to test it or convince yourself first or if you are having less amount of money at the moment :) come on Kazaa Lite (k-lite.tk) and: For a better world, for a better life. Share life and your thoughts (except some private one if you do not want to share them), share files :) But before using Kazaa (it is more better for music downloads or small files than for larger if your are using like me a cable), be sure o install a virus scanner like norton because there may be unfortunately some viruses there :( but bryce5 is really worth to buy - and to support them :) on amazon.de: 199euro. thanks anyway, david.

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:18 PM

Piracy is not to be posted on this forum and is severly frowned upon.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:04 PM

I was just looking for the best deal, wasnt trying to find the best pirate

Dash101 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:32 PM

CABLEGUY, If your looking the software, go here: www.corel.com Thats the company who makes and publishes the latest Corel Bryce 5 and Corel Bryce Lightning. REALLLY CHEAP!!! They're selling off their stock so you should be able to get it at a super low price :) (They are also a Canadian company in my hometown so your American Dollar will go A LONG way ) hehe -alex

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 7:01 PM

THANK YOU,I'll try it

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 7:48 PM

cableguy that wasn't directed at but at dcn30, sorry for the confusion.

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:37 PM

No problem. Thanks for replying

cableguy223 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:41 PM

I went to corel.com and looked it up but it didnt sya if it was compatiable with XP. Isthat correct ? Thanks for all your help guys, this site is SO addicting and the art and artist are super. I get on first thing in the morning and hate to leave for work. Maybe some day I'll be able to do this for a living

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 9:57 PM

Many people on this forum are using it with WinXP. If you decide to get it also be sure to get the 5.01 patch which fixes a few things and adds a couple of useful features.

BillyM67 ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 1:24 PM

Unfortunately, Corel no longer has the Demo available if you have never used Bryce before, but here are some options: Amazon.com: $189.99 full product - $89.99 upgrade Corel.com: $199.99 full product - $99.99 upgrade Kazaa.com: Free, but may or may not be the actual product, may or may not work, may contain a virus and, as with all stolen software, does not come with a manual or any instructions. Plus, since you can't register it, because you didn't pay for it, if there ever is an upgrade available (to 5.5 or 6), you will not be able to use it! All in all, if you know you want it, my advice would be, buy it from Amazon.com!

cableguy223 ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 4:20 PM

I stay away from Kaza. I want the product on the " up an up "

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 1:07 AM

Nothing better then legal. I absolutely agree with you.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 5:23 AM

Too bad you're not a student. That was the best deal around.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 6:08 AM

Unless you want to sell stuff ofcourse. The student licence doesn't allow for selling stuff made with the program.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Ang25 ( ) posted Fri, 09 May 2003 at 8:40 AM

:-D Rayraz, I would love to be good enough to sell my stuff but I figure until then I'm going to learn on the cheap version. It's gonna be a long time before I get good and if I do I figure I can dish out the extra bucks then. The way its looking Byrce 6 will be out before I get that good. (I'm saying this realizing that Bryce 6 may be a loooong time off). Of course you make a good point, If you're one of those talented people (Like you) then starting with a program that allows you the license to sell is smarter.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.