Sun, Sep 22, 3:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Victoria3 problem

denden ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:28 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:45 AM

trueSpace4 will not load Victoria3. However, it will load Victoria2 and all the other Poser characters. I export as 3DS from Poser4. TrueSpace error says: BAD DATA. Where am I screwing up? Thanks.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 8:34 AM

Maybe the file is just too big? Is there another format you could try (that Poser will write and TS will read)? Have you tried opening the 3ds file in another program, even in Poser using File>Import?

denden ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 9:06 AM

Both the V2 and V3 files are small (I use trueSpace simply to enlarge the Poser files which apparently cannot be very large.) My final size needs to be 50MB which I then open in Photoshop. Poser will also export as DXF and trueSpace will load it but it is very slow and the results look weird. If Poser could create a large (50MB) file I wouldn't even bother with trueSpace. I don't know if Poser 5 can create large files; I haven't tried it. So far in my testing I have kept V3 and V2 and the other Poser characters small and no manipulations. I don't have another program that will open 3DS files. I will try importing into Poser although that will not give me a larger file. Thanks for your suggestions.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 10:22 AM

I think that RHaseltine meant that the file itself is big .. Something like 32 megs for the 3DS or OBJ. I don't know about meg size but I know that I can render 300 dpi at around 12-15 inches no problem in Poser.Think the files are around 24-28 meg but I haven't had a need to go larger than that.

dendenden ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2003 at 11:13 AM

Ghostofmacbeth...I think you just made my day!!! Nothing would make me happier if I could forget trueSpace and render in Poser and then move the image into Photoshop. Now all I have to do is unbury my Poser manual :) Many thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.