Thu, Sep 19, 10:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: DAZ Flip Hair 2 upgrade...whats up with the installer?

d_authority ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 12:27 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

i tried installing the new flip hair upgrade. but it says that the required file cannot be found. of course, i do have the old version. i dunno whats wrong. frustating to have downloaded it for an hour and not install it immediately. anyone having the same problem?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 12:50 PM

Have you moved the original files? sometimes upgrades look for items to be in default locations. I don't have the original, I'm off to go grab the full version of 2.0. hope thats the problem and you get it working. an email to daz will get answered just prob take a few days, don't know that they answer questions on weekends.

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:07 PM

Same problem here D_authority, however I think I know why, I have the Zygote version from WAAAAAYYYYYY back, I suspect the upgrade is keyed for Daz's distributed version, I've dropped them an e-mail. best wishes Jody

Dagon ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:19 PM

Same here (old Zygote version ). Reinstalled the thing. No luck ! emailed tech@daz3d.com I guess we have to wait next week :-(

d_authority ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:35 PM

ok. so i guess that being not the only one with the problem is a good thing. like i didnt do anything stooopid this time. LOL. yup i did email them too. i guess it will be answerd right after the weekend. hopefully early in the week.

cruzan ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 1:57 PM

my upgrade worked fine and geometries file folder is "ZygoteHair" and library is "DAZ Hair" (libraries:hair) if that helps.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:15 PM
  • temporarily copy the requested files (.hr, .rsr, .obj I think) to the locations being demanded by the installer, giving the copies their old names (if you changed the names - check the error message to be sure). Once the install is done you can text the new setup out, and copy them back over to the locations you have your renamed and/or moved originals parked at. Post something here if that doesn't work, or if you find a workaround that does happen. I've got the full version here, and it works in Win98 okay. /P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 2:18 PM

"test" the new setup out... my bad. /P

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:02 PM

I have the Zygote Flip hair and it installed fine. Poser 4.01 here. Laurie

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:05 PM

Yep..I had the flip hair installed to P4 but wanted the upgrade in P5...copied/pasted the geometries/zygotehair/ folder to Poser5/runtime/geometries and it worked. Could have just copied zygotehair/*.obj file, but I was in a hurry and did the entire folder...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:24 PM

My upgrade installed just fine - altho I don't like that it did it that way. I prefer the ability to manually place files - not be force fed where they have to go - altho I understand the need for verifying the original file so as to authenticate having bought at the upgrade price.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 4:58 PM

so....is it worth having Both versions? I can spend $5 more and get old, then upgrade. I'm just not sure if it's a replace v2 kinda thing, or a different kinda thing. would I want to use the old one? does this question make any sence to any one but me? I guess I'm asking: I am gunna buy v2 looks cool, for $5 more I can get old, and get new v2.0 upgrade and get 2 hair models. is it worth the $5 to get both, or should I spend the $5 on some PClub items instead?

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 5:11 PM

Kozaburo has a fine texture set for the version 1 flip hair model (makes it look very good), so there is a sound argument for having both. http://digitalbabes2.com/ I'd lost my version1 flip hair file (and had actually forgotten I owned it until today), and this forced me to dig around and find it. I wonder what else I have in the depths...

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 8:52 PM

My upgrade just isn't installing. MAde sure the original files were in place where they should be and called what they should be called, nada. Still won't install. I got my flip hair on the V1 CD when I bought it. Also, the only error file I get is previously installed files needed not found. Or something to that effect. Redownloaded the file and it still won't work. ProPack here.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

d_authority ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 10:17 PM

i also got the old flip hair from the Victoria 1 CD.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2003 at 11:03 PM

I'll give a shout at DAZ in the morning (err, Mountain Daylight Time) and see if I can;t scrounge someone up that has a better idea of what needs to be where. /P

queri ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 10:36 AM

Machineclaw, I rarely use the old flip but there are some interesting lengthening morphs out in our FS that make it a kind of sexy Rachel Welch Valley of the Dolls sort of hairdo. I got the full version cause I expected trouble over install and with an extra Pclub discount, it was worth it to behassle free. Love the Mike options. Emily

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 12:29 PM

kool, thanks. I'm gunna just grab the full v2.0 and spend the other $5 on some PClub things. Thanks for the reply.

PJF ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 4:29 PM

Pretty weird. The upgrade wouldn't install for me even though I'd just installed my newly rediscovered flip hair version 1, (same reason outlined above). Then I remembered that I had an old Poser4 folder copied over from my previous computer. The flip hair was installed on that, so just for a laugh I thought I'd try and do the upgrade in there. And it worked! Now this is the same flip hair installed from the same exe file (I only ever had the one). The files read the same size down to the last byte. So I copied them into my newer Poser4 Zygote hair geometries folder, and sure enough Windows asked me whether I wanted to replace the existing files. I did so, and then the upgrade went ahead just fine. The only difference I can see is that the files from the old install of version1 give a 'modified' time of 01:00 (12/04/2000), whereas the files from the recent install of version1 (same exe file) give a 'modified' time of 00:00 (12/04/2000). Anyways, for whatever reason I can play now. If you have an older runtime with the flip hair in it, you could try this too. UPDATE: It appears that it IS the time on the file that is causing the problem. Subsequent to writing the above I started from scratch again but used a file properties changing utility and adjusted the time from 00:00 to 01:00 on the blMWFlipHair.obj file. After that the upgrade went ahead just fine. I can change the file properties from within my "PoserDesk" file utility (way better than Windows Explorer), but if you don't have that there are utilities available on the net. There's a shareware (with nags) here: http://www.segobit.com/fpc.htm I hope this helps someone(s).

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:43 PM

Whooo Hooo!!!!!!!!!1 Hot damn if that didn't work! Thank you so much PJF!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

d_authority ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 11:01 PM

thanks for the tip PJF, i tried it but unfortunately it did not work. i even tried moving the blMWFlipHair.obj from "zygote hair" to "Daz hair" but still no success and it says it still cannot find the required file.

merknz ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 6:29 AM

I modified the creation time to 01:00 and it worked fine. into D:LibrariesV3 without any changing of filenames

kristinf ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 7:28 AM

Worked great for me too, thanks PJF!

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

d_authority ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 10:21 AM

OK! i did it! thanks PJF! i guess that solves the problem for it.

orn4rk ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 1:15 PM

The creation/modification time of my object file IS 01.00 from the beginning...but my upgrade does not work. -Bjorn

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 4:30 PM

Bjorn, try reinstalling version1 from your original vicfliphair.exe installation file (then, if necessary, change the time to 01:00). The blMWFlipHair.obj file size should be 749,206 bytes; if yours is different it may have become corrupted somehow. Send an email to DAZ.

merknz ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 4:52 PM

Hi Mark, I apologize. Our initial installer was a bit too strict, it seems. Here is a link for downloading an installer that should work better for you. Please let me know if you need anything else. (link is obviously not posted here) -- So for anyone who is still having problems DAZ will give you a new installer (possibly just download the product again if its still in your 'Recently Purchased')

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.