Sun, Sep 22, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: hmmmm

spiderwebb ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:29 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:40 AM

file_58479.jpg

what should I do? Mind you he won't just sit still for you, the minute you put him down he's off & running...what's the best way to get "the" shot?

Disciple3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:37 PM

What a neat looking creature!

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:42 PM

Oh wow is he cool or what! All I can think of is balancing him on something just slightly off the ground? So that his legs almost touch but he can't walk. But then he might topple over and get hurt?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

FlipFlop ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:54 PM

you could place ur camera where you want it then if possible use a pump (shutter) release, hold the subject in your hands and as soon as your ready put it down and once you've whipped ur hands away (asap) and using your foot press the release. an easier way is to get some one else to place it down where you want it as soon as u are ready and u take the picture once their hands are out of the frame. Although i think Michelle A's idea could be easier to pull off in the long run.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 2:59 PM

How about shooting him while he eats? Does he stay still for food? I also like FlipFlop's idea....

--- michelleamarante.com

FlipFlop ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:06 PM

How about using an extremely fast shutter speed. it wouldnt leave a blur of movement and if u timed it perfectly u could get it with all its feet touching the ground.

spiderwebb ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:14 PM

You guys are great...I forgot to include the point n shoot equipment factor (sony digital)....I really like the eating idea 'chelle..I'm going to try all of them & see what I get...hugs guys ~spidey

FlipFlop ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:16 PM

good luck shooting.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:17 PM

Kewl....don't forget to post the results!

--- michelleamarante.com

Akinom ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 3:27 PM

Good luck shooting ;o) want to see the results too! BTW a beautiful specimen!

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:52 PM

Eh? Spidey, I like this - I think it IS the shot!! (".)

spiderwebb ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 4:57 PM

file_58480.jpg

I love how you can see the iris of his eye...but what if I bring him inside like this?

zhounder ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:06 PM

I love the first shot. it IS the shot. This last one, well I like the guy looking over his right shoulder! Magick Michael

doca ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:31 PM

Shoot him from the side and use the blur to indicate speed. That would be cool.

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:51 PM

I'd suggest superglue, but someone here might take me seriously. I waiting at the finish line with the rabbit.

spiderwebb ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 8:59 PM

lol @misha you waskly wabbit ;)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 9:09 PM

I don't know. I think the first is the best. I think the second would be really cool if you had greater dof. Bsteph

randyrives ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2003 at 9:52 PM

The 2nd one is good, but the 1st one has an attitude!

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 11:05 AM

How bout VELCRO!!!! That should keep'em in place for a bit Hey... Has MURTLE there been sampling Chocolate Pudding & Peanut Butter by any chance!?!?! Uh....er....nevermind! OH BTW.... In case ya didn't notice...this guy has REPETTION written ALL OVER him!!!

spiderwebb ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2003 at 11:25 AM

file_58481.jpg

yes he does have that repetition thing going doesn't he? Little guy lets me scrub & scrub his face, but it never cleans up all the way...and then he's right back in the muck =>

starshuffler ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 6:00 PM

Kewl! I want a house just like that! hehehe... Your little guy has lots of character. The first one is a nice portrait shot, the second one is a good one, too (it could use a little more DOF though). Well, those are good suggestions already. But if you want some lazybone advice you can take a couple of steps back so you get more space in the frame in case he runs away. Hehehe ;-) (you can always crop later) Don't forget to post results, eh? ;-) (*

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2003 at 7:29 PM

finally, catching up in the forum- pretty cool looking character- he's not shy at all! the one that came by the house wouldn't budge, found him wedged in a tomatoe cage, i had to put him back outside the yard faced in the direction of the creek- a good mile away- i have some of those stone creatures too! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.