Fri, Sep 20, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: What is the best software to make floor tile textures?

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 7:44 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:23 AM

Just wondering What is the best software to make floor tile textures? anyone have any info? thanks in advance.

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 10:07 AM

Do you mean seamless tileing . Like if you had a image of a tile and wanted to make it into a big square with a bunch of them tiled. Or do you mean totaly from scratch to make a single tile like a random tile image generator kind of thing ?

onnetz ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 10:11 AM

The unbeatable duo.... a digital camera and Photoshop....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

hankim ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 10:22 AM

file_59131.jpg

I use PSP... here's a test of some individual tiles I made put together

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 11:09 AM

At the risk of mentioning something in the Marketplace here, Dial-A-tile by Roy G. does a good job of turning graphics into tiles for floors or walls. The price is right too.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 11:29 AM

There was a seamless tile maker from Harmware, but I've lost the URL, #$%^. Might show up in a search.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

rodzilla ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 12:11 PM

it's not really for floors so much,but i've made some with it...it's free and makes great pretty near photorealistic masonry textures,bricks,stone tiles etc etc.it's actually a "product demonstrator" so uses "real world" masonry products,i'm sure it was never intended as such but it's an awsome freebie for the 3d inclined person...masonry designer http://www.brick.com/md/

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 12:56 PM

Rodzilla, that's very cool. Thank you for sharing that site.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 2:42 PM

file_59132.jpg

I've been making tiles and wallpaper in photoshop (6), using the bevel and layer style functions. This is a first attempt, but it seems to work pretty good. mac

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/murakuma/mmplugins.html

MuRay has perspective tiling plugin called Perspective Tiling 1.1 which works for both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, I believe. It's free and very handy.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:11 PM

dialyn, The plug-ins from MuRay are excellent. He's the guy (Meister) who designed a plug-in maker for photoshop which is WAY better than Adobe's Filter Factory. I have about 10 plug-ins degigned with his 'factory' and they're all excellent. Unfortunatle, I don't have the addy, but I got 4 of his plug-ins (including the seamles one) and 7 by another guy. Well worth searchng for. Esp. one called 'SuperSmooth'. It gives a great effect with vicki renders. LOL. Rozilla, What's the deal with this Acme crew? Do you need to be online to use the program? Have you checked it for spyware? I d/ld it, but it's slow as treacle and keeps wanting to go online. It looks good. I just want to know what it's doing behind my back, is all. mac

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:15 PM

Damn! Now I'm getting Internet Washer pop-ups!! Any more, and Acme's out my system! mac PS dialyn. Checked your link. That's Meister, but there are more made with his factory. mac

rodzilla ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:23 PM

no i don't believe masonry designer has any spyware in it,and you don't have to be online to use it,it does however update itself via the web...to make sure it has all the latest/current acme product i guess[i think once it's installed you can cancel/disable that function tho]. it works great as texture generator but that's not really it's purpose,it's primarily a sales/demo tool for the company's products.it does load a bit slowly and sometimes seems a bit cumbersome even...but hey it's free and it gives great results.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:23 PM

Mac, I know...but I was pointing toward the one for the Perspective Tiling. He has great filters and there are many for other uses. :)

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:38 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone. There are some great resources her. I'm off to try them.

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:39 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone. There are some great resources here. I'm off to try them.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 3:42 PM

Attached Link: http://harmware.com/

Thanks rodzilla, Sorry if I sounded like I was dissing your contribution. Yep, you're right. It's free, so shut up, mac! LOL. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't letting anything dodgy in my system. I'll give it a whirl when I'm offline. dialyn, Thanks for finding me that page again anyway. I d/ld them recently, but didn't mark the page, since I had no idea what they were like. I d/l a lot of stuff that goes out the window after I've tried it. The harmware link is above. It looks interesting. I'll try it out when I'm making wallpaper. mac

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 4:08 PM

Hmmm..... well, I had to uninstall the acme app. It kept freezing up on me, plus running the cpu at 100%. Had to use task manager to kill it. After the 6th attempt, I gave up. (800Mhz/256 RAM/win 2k) Oh well... life's too short to worry about these things... mac

rodzilla ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 4:43 PM

hmmm it runs ok on mine?i thought maybe there might be a different version out tho so i let it dl the update when it asked to do so,it still runs about the same for me...CPU use flatlines at around 1-2% unless it's "working" it goes to about 50% for a second or two when it "builds an image" i have win2k as well,but on an AMD athlon 1.4ghz with 512 meg ram running at 1024x768..which might account for some differences in speed...but the program itself seems to behave pretty normally on my rig...much better than poser does! anybody else try it? or have problems?

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 5:35 PM

That's strange maclean, I've been using that acme app since it first showed up in the forums a year or so ago. It is a Java app and does put a strain on my system too but there shouldn't be any 'spyware' effects from it (I'm pretty tight on that crap too). When I only had 650Mhz/128RAM I couldn't be running anything else when I used it or it would lock my system. But for brick textures it's awsome - Oh, and yes you do have to be on-line to use it, it pulls the patterns/samples off their server real-time and probably does run some kind of usage-log on their side too.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 5:48 PM

Ah... Thanks, igohigh. Obviously my system isn't really up to it. Plus, when I started it, I clicked 'cancel' to going online, so maybe that threw it. Well, I have a bunch of bricks and stone walls that I photographed. I live in the alps and everything here is made of either wood or stone, so it's not difficult. mac

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 8:58 PM
Spit ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 11:38 PM

If you have Painter (any version even Classic) it has a feature that does wraparound painting. No messing with offset and cloning. Paint off the right edge and it shows up on the left. Same with top and bottom. Coolest thing around.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2003 at 12:28 AM

ooooohhh, off to try it!

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2003 at 12:40 AM

In Painter Classic, etc., you find it under the 'Canvas' menu and it's called 'enable wraparound'. Seems to have disappeared from version 8. :(

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2003 at 2:13 AM

The Acme Brick app does do some nice textures. It runs fine for me on 98 with 256MB. AFAIK, it downloads the textures on demand. Once you've used a texture, it doesn't download it again. No spyware that AdAware has found. I'm sure their spokesman, Troy Aikman wouldn't stand for such a thing :-) I'm sure the online feature is to keep the product catalog updated. Someone should send them a nice Naked Vicky in a brick temple render.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

davker ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 5:29 AM

"Just wondering What is the best software to make floor tile textures? anyone have any info? thanks in advance" http://www.mediachance.com 30 day full demos available(enough time to create hundreds, or - cheap enough to purchase anyway.)... For Textures... "Photoseam" For 2D/3D Art, including perspective tiling of textures... "RealDrawPro"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.