Thu, Oct 10, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Copying model to library?

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 1:42 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:24 PM

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Poser. I have Poser 4 and want to use the Water Dragon which came free with the most recent copy of 3D World. On the resource disc, it says, "Simply copy the model from the Resources/Water Dragon folder on the disc to your Poser character library as normal." I don't know what this means.

I tried copying all the Water Dragon files to the character library (by click/dragging them from the disc folder to the Additional Figures folder which is in the Character folder which is in the Library folder), but when I opened Poser and went into the library, I found the name Water Dragon, but above the name was a picture of a white, bald poser man shrugging, and when I clicked on the image, I was told that "the file has a newer version number than expected. Poser will attempt to read it anyway." I clicked OK and then it said, "Error - Cannot open resource file RuntimegeometriesSixus1DragonWaterDragon.obj"

Then I clicked OK it said I was out of memory, and when I closed this window, the default model in the Poser window disappeared.

What I want to do (if this is do-able) is to open the Water Dragon with all it's texures, etc., in Poser, just like any other character. How do I do this?

Thanks.

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 1:57 AM

file_59105.jpg

Here is a map of were everything goes. You missed a part when you did it. On the cd find the water dragon folder . you should have some sub folders and one should be called geomitries . in that folder is one called "Sixus1Dragon" drop and drag that one to the geomitries folder. You should also have a texture folder drag the one inside that to the textures folder as well. Poser will eat up all of your memory looking for stuff so that a common error.

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 5:47 PM

file_59106.jpg

Hi,

Thank you very much for helping me.

Unfortunately, there is no sort of heirarchy of sub-folders. On the CD, all there is is a zip file with a number of different files types in it.

tasquah ( ) posted Mon, 19 May 2003 at 9:22 PM

file_59107.jpg

Ok no proplum. I would first try to make a dummy folder on your root drive "C" called "temp install" or what ever then try to extract the zip to the dummy folder . this should give you a group of sub folders that tells you were to put the stuff at. Or you can follow what i marked and do it by hand. 1) goes in a folder called "Sixus1Dragon" and gets placed/drop and draged into the geomitries folder. 2) I would make a folder called "SirusWDpose" and put ALL green ones in it and placed/drop and draged into the pose folder. 3)these 2 belong togeather or you get shruggy guy and the Additional Figures folder is fine. 4) The 2 textures files are best if they are placed were the CR2 first looks for them "sixus1" and in that folder another called something i can t see in the diagram should find it find in just the sixus1 folder.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.