Sat, Sep 21, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: A request for Curious labs: Electric Image Poser plugin or project converter ?

andygraph ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 10:10 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:27 PM

Hey Curius Labs would be COOL have a Poser Plugin for Universe 5 !! or Better .. a converter Pz3 file software for Universe 5: PoserToUniverse or pz3ToUniverse or Pz3ToEI !!! HEY Curious Labs think about it seriously ;-) Universe 5 / Electric Image is start on SGI and macintosh in 1991 with Terminator 2, do you remember T-1000 ?? ;-) ahhh, Universe 5 work on OS9 too ... hehehe regards;

tjs61822 ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 10:54 AM

FBX file support in both would be even better. Hope DAZ Studio supports FBX. Tim

andygraph ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 10:59 AM

i hope for Poser 5 pro pack Andygraph

andygraph ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 11:00 AM

or better for a standalone application for converter this file project ;-)

a_super_hero ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 12:49 PM

I would much rather they get it working better then all these translation from one program to another.

davidrivera ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 9:28 PM

Electric Image is working FBX support but so far theres no news as to when.

tjs61822 ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 9:36 PM

FBX was announced a year and a half ago for Electric Image. I wish they would at least give us an update on how it is progressing.

davidrivera ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 9:43 PM

Youre preaching to the choir.

tjs61822 ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 9:49 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to preach, but I hope the choir is getting louder.

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 10:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dvgarage.com

What a surprise to see this! Yes, definitely want to mix EIU and Poser! I've settled on EIU as a modeler and hardly use anything else these days. Oh, and I did ask for an EIU forum here some time ago, there was not enough interest. For those of you who are curious.... You can get a demo of EIU at www.electricimage.com and even though its almost the cost of LW, its way kewl for a program. And, if you want a starter kit that is really cheap and has almost the same features, go to the link.

tjs61822 ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 11:14 PM

I was with you on the EIU forum. Maybe there's more interest now! Can't beat EIU for high poly counts and quick renders.

davidrivera ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 11:49 PM

Tsj61822, I hope I didnt come off like a smart ass. I only meant that I agreed with you whole heartily. EI has been rather quite about the FBX support; I only hope we dont have to wait for Universe 6 to get it.

EricofSD, I think an EIU forum would be great. Universe is a great program but so few people know it exists. If youre still interested starting a Universe forum Ill gladly participate although since Im just a Newbie it will be in the form of a lot dumb questions. :)

tjs61822 ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:53 AM

Davidrivera, I didn't take your comments that way. I thought maybe you took my comments the wrong way so I apologized. I'll bet we have to wait until Universe 6 for FBX. I'm currently using version 4 and waiting for FBX before I upgrade. Tim

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 2:24 AM

file_59599.jpg

Davidrivera, its not up to me, its up to the PTB's and whether or not there's enough interest. When you think the time is right, you can post in the community ideas again. And I'll be right along with you on the silly questions, like how to get my Lost in Space robot to a smaller file size so that its useable. I used real size units, like a life size robot, and it takes forever to load the .eim file and forever to redraw when I make a change to it.

davidrivera ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 10:53 AM

Tim, I upgraded to Universe 5 for Renderamas dual CPU support. I got a Dual Athlon MP 2200 and I wanted to take advantage it otherwise I would have stuck with version 4. EricofSD, I thought I saw a thread about the same problem youre having but cant remember where, Try searching these sites (you probably already know them) you might find an answer to your problem. http://www.electricimage.com/ http://www.dvgarage.com/garage/break/forums/index.php http://www.postforum.com/forums/list.php?f=9 I counted 5 people on this thread. My brother is interested so that makes 6. If we all talk to people we know we might have the beginning a nice little EIU community here at Renderosity. Dave

Oarman ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 11:08 AM

Yes - Lets get an EIU community going. I'll be there. OR>

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.