Tue, Oct 22, 9:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Beta Testers Needed: Free Web Hosting

JABevan ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 8:24 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:58 AM

I have been hosting (outsourced) Web site for a number of years and, in the past six months, have been setting up and investing in my own Web servers (and routers, and Internet connections, etc.). I need "Beta Testers" to help me test my network, bandwidth, services, etc.

I have space for two-dozen (24) Beta Testers and will offer free hosting through the rest of 2003 to anyone willing to help.

Please email me at: jabevan@shistudios.com if you would be interested, or have always wanted to setup a Web site but didn't quite know where to start (I'd love to help).

Thanks,
JAB*

Joshua A. Bevan
exis solutions

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 9:04 PM

What kind of storage and bandwidth are you offering? Thanks!

Greebo ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 2:39 AM

I'd be interested in this too and second Crescents question.

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 4:25 AM

Right now the storage will be around 500MB and there will not be a bandwidth restriction. Bandwidth is part of what I will be testing. As we get closer to 2004, I will be setting up service plans and will begin restricting storage and bandwidth. Basically what I need is for Beta Testers to build and use their Web sites and email accounts. I need to find the holes in my network on service offerings. I have been, and will continue to upgrade my network, so a Beta Tester should expect a day or two of outages here and there as the network is taken down for upgrades. I hope this answers some of the questions. Thanks for your interest.

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 4:30 AM

Oh yes.... I do support PHP, MySQL, FrontPage. Flash will definitely be available. Custom CGI is something I will have to work out. NOTE: Although I'm not restricting bandwidth right now, I do retain the right to limit bandwidth if it gets out of control. I will, however, work with site owners on this and will not cut them off without notice.

Dizzie ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:49 AM

I'd love to help and also have a permanent resting place for my 3D website....so my question is, will this offer be good for only 2003? I hate to move the site again in 6 months...:>)

keweljewels ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 9:09 AM

I emailed you, Susaninsturgis..I would like a website. if it works I'd stay. Susan

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:37 AM

To answer a couple more questions; Beginning 2004 I will begin charging for hosting. Hosting will be free through the rest of 2003. I can help with domain registration / administration if you'd like. All hosting comes with a control panel to access and administer your sites, they also come with both POP (for Outlook, Apple Mail, Eudora, etc.) and Webmail. Hope this helps some. Please send me an email if you would like to help. Thank you.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:40 AM

I would love to have a website and would stay if it works out my e-mail is bobbie26ohio@yahoo.com

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

onnetz ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:56 AM

another question.... do you need a registered domain?

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 11:07 AM

I do need either a registered domain (I will provide instructions for connecting it with the Web server), or I can help with domain registration/administration ($15/year). If you chose to register your own domain, I suggest GoDaddy.com. They have very good service and the best prices on the Web ($8.95/year). Please send me an email if you're interested. I only have spaces for 19 more testers. Thanks.

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 1:00 PM

I had always wanted to set a place up of my own. So I registered a domain name for myself using http://www.names4ever.com/company/about.html And I contacted JABevan with my newly registered domain name, and so far so good. He has responded to my e-mails very quickly. I can't wait til I can get home from work and start playing. :D I'm guessing that when I ftp over my old sites, that'll be the true test. I'm a little, shall we say, graphics intensive? ;)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 1:02 PM

o i know caly he is fast very fast and so far so good here i had a domain wich was parked and he helped me unpark it so yep so far so good

Typing Advisory :

keweljewels ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 1:09 PM

Lol he told me he's getting back with my registration this afternoon..quicker than I anticipated. All emails he's fast, and we dont know how many of us he's talking to at once.I'm already starting on my first pages. they'll be light at first, over time I will add a fancier interface :). I got close maybe 50-60 blade pro presets..I'm going to get up first :).

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:38 PM

cfml?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:52 PM

I'm actually working in ColdFusion right now. I have the ColdFusion MX server installed. If you are patient and willing to really help me out in working out the kinks, I'd love to have a CFML developer Beta Testing!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 5:59 PM

And I would love to have some free cfspace for testing LOL, count me in as well.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 6:03 PM

For those who are interested, please send me an email with the following: 1) Your contact information (including full name, address, phone, email, etc.) 2) A little bit about your experience with Web design & development. 3) I need to know if you have a domain name or if you need one. a) If you have one, please let me know, and point your servers to the following nameservers: ns.exissolutions.com ns2.exissolutions.com b) If you do not have one, please let me know if you need assistance. 4) After you secure your domain name, I need to know what email addresses / passwords you would like. After I receive all of this, it will take a few minutes to setup your account. Your domain will take from 24 - 48 hours to update across the Internet and become active. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your help! JAB* Joshua A. Bevan exis solutions

keweljewels ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:06 PM

Just wanted to say for those of us getting in the project. i remembered Anfy..its free it has the neatest effects for web pages ....Heres the link. http://www.anfyteam.com/ajdownl.html

kayjay97 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:37 PM

So if I have two domain names already I can send them to you? I am so stupid with stuff like this

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:42 PM

kayjay97, no problem, I'm here to help. Yes two domain names would count as two sites. I've had a lot of interest, but do still have space available.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:49 PM

for got to ask I have a merchant account They take care of all my password stuff and run credit cards for me 24/7 they take master card and discover card will there be a problem with that?

Typing Advisory :

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:49 PM

I thought the following was a fair question and chose to post it: On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 09:39 PM, Eric Torstenson wrote: Great! One last question before I send you all the info. If you register the name, do you own the domain name (and are leasing it to me for $15 a year) or do you configure it and hand the access over to me afterward? xxxxx Reply: No, absolutely not. Domain names have been, by far (!), the number one support issue I've faced. A couple of years ago I started offering domain registration / administration to minimize the support hassles. Although I, technically, have control of the domain, you retain full rights and ownership of the domain and I list your contact information under the ownership in the WHOIS directory. I am listed as the billing, technical, and administrative contacts. If at any time you would like to transfer your domain to another registrar or to your own account, I do this immediately, no questions asked. I've had customers transfer their hosting away from me and choose to keep their domains with me. If you'd like references I'd be more than happy to send you a few email addresses. Hope this helps. JAB*

JABevan ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:53 PM

Bobbie25, I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you give me more details? If you setup an e-commerce site with a shopping cart (i.e. Miva Merchant), there shouldn't be any problems with connecting this to your merchant account. They should be able to provide you with assitance in doing this, based on their API. Josh

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 8:54 PM

ok cool hun ty and really TY TY TY man your fast xoxox

Typing Advisory :

kayjay97 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 9:15 PM

Well JAB, I sent my info. Let me know what you think

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

bknoh ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 1:17 PM

I signed up with JAB and I am very pleased with his fast responses and professionalism. It is a great deal! Diane

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 5:46 PM

I agree with Diane, Joshua has been very quick to respond to all of my comments and seems to be doing a great job. If you have an interest in setting up a little spot on the web, this is an excellent opportunity. Now, I just have to find the time to start putting those pages together. Eric

keweljewels ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 5:56 PM

Yeah Josh has been great :). He got my domain name up and registered and everything quickly. He is very dependable :). Susan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.