Mon, Sep 23, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: how do i get non pixelated text

k3sh ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:11 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:21 PM

hi guys i was wondering how i can avoid getting pixelated text when using a type layer over a hi res 2d image should i use photoshop`s type tool or illustrators i have 7 & 10.

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 10:40 AM

Illustrator would probably be better, due to the vector format which doesn't pixilate. In Photoshop, the only advice I can give you is to make the text a larger size than you need and transform it down. But go with vector type if you can. It's the best option.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

svdf ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 11:55 AM

that doesn't make a difference, all text in all programs exept the bitmap fonts are vector, so alse the tekst you type in photoshop... the problem is dpi, i assume that you'd like to print it? then use a higher dpi value, standard photoshop uses 72 dpi, that's the standard resolution for a monitor, but mutch to low for work that's to be printed... a printer has a resolution of 300 or 600 dpi, higher is interpolated, so if you want to make good work, you make it with a resolution of at least 300 dpi, than you won't see any pixelated text! hope this helps svdf

GODspeed ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2003 at 2:04 PM

dang...svdf beat me to saying it... yes hes is right though... when you type out a text line in PhotoShop it is vector. Only when you flatten the image will the text become a raster graphic. He was also correct on how to correct ths problem. 72 DPI is for webgraphics only. if you have a picture that you want to print for framing, or just to look good... 250-300 dpi is the LEAST you can make it. 600 DPI is crisp and clear, unfortunatly that means Extreme file size as well as your cpu possibly going BOOM... most output ceters(business that print images, ect) usually love the 300 dpi image... now heres the thing.... if you have a 8x10 @ 72 dpi and yu add text to it then bump it to 300 dpi.... lol if you hate pixels then.. youll hate this worse. my suggestion is, start an image from scratch... 300 dpi then.. finish it... print it out and waa laa... another thing... after you do all of this... it might still be pixeled.... then this is your Printers fault. take your image to Kincos... Office Depot... Copy Max... Office max... or anywhere they do printing... then youll get a clean cut image... i have alot of students that have this problem.... output centers always fix it though.

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 28 May 2003 at 3:55 AM

There is also an anti-alias option when using text. When this is set tot 'none' it will look pixelated, even at high resolutions...

Hgraf ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 4:02 PM

Photoshop works with maps of bits.This images are pixelated. You must work the text in other program.Freehand,Ilustrator,Corel Draw... You open the program, Import the image and then put the text. You must printing in Freehand, Ilustrator, Corel... The text in this programs is "Trazados" . Sorry but I not speak english very well.

howzit-eksee ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 12:07 PM

if you do any text in another programme i.e illustrator, although it is vector, when you export it, paste it, or import it form, into photoshop, it will rasterize it, ie. pixelate it. the best thing is to stay in photoshop, use a hi res. document and check the anti-alias box. provided the text is on its own layer, you may then run some filters to smooth it out even more. gussian blur it then unsharp mask a few times, just a little at a time it if you have just the original filters( not the best method ). there are a lot of 3rd party filters that smooth out jaggies and are very powerfull, but are costly and need to be hunted down. unsharp masking it in the k (black) channel will result in a cleaner ,crisper look.( if you are working in cmyk mode)

k3sh ( ) posted Wed, 04 June 2003 at 12:46 PM

thanx guys

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.