Fri, Sep 20, 1:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help with interior scene creation.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 10:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:28 AM

hello all, sorry about the repost, i was a little to hasty when i hit the button. i am new to renderosity and cg image creation in general, so pleas bare with me if this topic has been brought up before. i want to try my hand at interior scenes but have idea how to go about it. would i creat a giant cube and move the camera to the inside, or do i just turn off the atmosphere? thank you in advance for any tips and assistance. ebs

miden1138 ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 11:27 PM

I just finished my very first one, and it really helped to turn off sunlight, at least. You don't have to go inside a cube. In mine there are only two walls and the roof. I think that was enough. There are lots of tuts out there for interior scenes. Just take your time and keep playing around; you'll get it soon enough! Mike

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 2:03 AM

Or you can create three walls and ceiling, or you can create four walls and floor and ceiling or you can hollow a cube and put the camera inside... there's already been a thread about it. Do a search in forum.

-- erlik

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 3:19 AM

If you put the camera inside a cube, you'll find the cube is already hollow. If you want to render reflective surfaces in interior scenes, create four walls, a floor and a ceiling, so there is something to reflect. As far as turning off the atmosphere, be sure to set haze and fog to zero, unless you want them inside. Welcome to Renderosity!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 3:20 AM

Oh, and if you use the cube, you'll have to add lights inside it before you can see anything.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

MadDog31 ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 8:58 AM

What I've been doing on my interior scenes (the ones in the building series I'm doing) is basically making 3 seperate walls and going from there. I tried the hollow cube thing and didn't like the details. I went with terrains for walls because I can use much more detail. I don't even use a back wall on my images if it's not in the picture, much less a ceiling. I've been having a VERY hard time doing ceilings so I opt out and have been going for a downward angle. I'll do ceilings when I'm ready...but for your purposes, I'd use 3 seperate walls, turn off the atmosphere (no skies, dark background) and go from there. This may be against some others' grain here, but I use a radial light to give me a 'working light' so-to-speak. MD

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 9:58 AM

wow, never expected this much help. thank you all for the tips, also for making me feel welcome. i will try all of the tips listed above. with any luck i will have something cool to post soon. thank you again!

MadDog31 ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 10:17 AM

Looking forward to your postings! And also, the help you receive in these forums are pretty darn thorough so anytime you need assistance, stop on by! MD

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 10:22 AM

you can count on it, i still have a lot to learn. thank you MD!

MadDog31 ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 10:25 AM

Anytime, we're all in a big work-in-progress type of state. Even the best ones in here are learning new things in Bryce, so really, it's seemingly that the only limitation in Bryce is our imaginations. MD

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 12:08 PM

I would suggest a back wall behind the camera IF you have anything reflective such as glass or mirrors in your image on the visible walls. A reflection of infinite plane and sky is just not right! These details do count. I usually don't bother to disable sunlight, just employ blocking planes or large flat cubes. that way, when i have a window to look out of I still have the sun to play with. Good luck, have fun and as MadDog says, pop back in and let us see.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:42 PM

file_61222.jpg

thank you all for the help and advice. i have tried all but the using ground planes technique, but that is the next thing i will try. one thing i am running into, is when i make the walls and then rotate to the desired angle they seem to skew when i try to scale them to either a bigger size or a smaller. can anyone tell me how to prevent that from happening? i have attaced a pic of what i have done so far, for your critique. mind you it is fairly simple. as always your input is greatly appreciated. eb

MadDog31 ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:46 PM

I had that problem, too...so what I do is drop the shapes in the picture as they are and don't rotate them UNLESS you're doing it in 45 degree increments (hold the shift key as you rotate I believe it is.) Don't do any free rotation until the piece you want to skew is the size beforehand. I ran into that problem when I did my castle picture, I noticed I couldn't do the roofs or the guard walls very good at all b/c I couldn't get them to skew right, so I created them by dropping in the shapes, doing all the sizing, placing, grouping, etc...and THEN rotating the building to the way I needed it. Hope this helps some. I'm off to sleepy time for the night. ZZZZZZZZ MD

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.