Sat, Sep 21, 1:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Finally did the Daz deed

SothArtist ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 4:59 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:49 AM

Finally made the move and got a membership at DAZ :) After spending atleast twice the amount in buying stuff I thought I had better get my backside into gear and join hehe. Now my pocket is hurting but hopefully will hurt a lot less in the long run!

Mock ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 6:59 AM

Believe me it's worth it just for the 1.99 section alone, the bad thing is youll spend more money in the long run a few dollars here a few there but its good value and dont sting as much as 20-50 at a pop then asking your self if you really needed what you bought. Renderosity should take note I think Daz has hit on something here.

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 7:17 AM

Renderosity should take note I think Daz has hit on something here. As much as I like the Platinum Club, I don't think it will ever be possible to do something like that here at Renderosity. Daz pays the Platinum Club brokers a fixed amount of money per each item (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong), because the 50% of the sales just wouldn't make up for the time and effort put in the products. Here at Renderosity none of the merchants are actually Renderosity employees so with the current system it would be insane to start selling things for $1.99. The only way it could work would be if Renderosity actually paid the Club merchants for each product they make for the Club.. and I don't see that happening. But that's just me.

SothArtist ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 7:32 AM

Yes definately Mock. I bought 5 items tonight for $10 so in just one night its paid for itself hehe. AND I got the house mouse which is the first thing I ever wanted in poser lol

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 7:53 AM

Have you looked at RDNA's $2.50 Sweet Deals area? No membership and there are some very nice items.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Mock ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 8:01 AM

50% of the sales just wouldn't make up for the time and effort put in the products. I disagree its a matter of volume, when you buy something at the Daz Platinum section do you ever buy just one thing? Not me if Im going to break out my credit card its most likely Ill make it worth the effort but not at 5 bucks a pop but at 1.99 sure why not. 50% of 2 dollars is a lot more than 50% of nothing, the good thing about marketing 3D models is that once the item is made you can copy it exponentially no manufacturing involved. Its not like I have to pay for materials and labor so if a model stops selling for $9.95 then stops selling at $5.00 may be itll sell at $1.99. The good thing for Renderosity is that most purchases will not be $1.99 for one item but multiple items at $1.99 each. look at it this way there are many items in the market place that dont sell at 5 dollars and though Renderosity has taken steps to root out non sellers and introduced the warehouse the min is still 5.00 and Im sorry that just dont look like a bargain.

cruzan ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 9:23 AM

I agree with Mock, I see something that I need to pull out credit card for - $1.99 isnt enough (do same at rdna and philc) so go looking for other stuff to bring up total. I actually find it too hard to search through this marketplace - although, I do - as I get tired of V3 male looking and getting Vicky everything. I am female so know what to do with my body for poses/textures but male body stymies me (except hubby got him down pat ;-0)

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:12 AM

Personally, I think the Platinum Club could replace Prozac ;) (Just Kidding....!) If I get up one morning and the cats have barfed up a hairball in my favorite shoes, the birdfeeder has been emptied by squirrels and aphids have eaten the buds on my roses, I just make my way to DAZ and buy 5 gorgeous products for less than $10 and feel absolutely great all day :)))

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:55 AM

"I see something that I need to pull out credit card for - $1.99 isnt enough" I know what ya mean, but now that I don't have to enter all my credit card info every time it makes it a lot easier to make many small transactions rather than one big one. As for 50% of a Platinum club item's sales... I'd take it. There are a lot of folks who buy just about everything that pops up in the P-club. If even half the members buy it, I imagine it could be a nice little profit... Versus just a few people buying your $20 item (that ya get half of. )You could also use the P-club to prop up sales of a more expensive model with nice cheap accessories. :D Anyway I'm in the middle of a $200 Poser shopping spree so I'm off! :D

marvo ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 6:06 PM

This sound true, I don't think I have ever made a transaction at DAZ without filling it out to over $10. Long term this might not work so well, as I am sure there are many of us out here who will eventually own everything in the Platimum Club.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.