Fri, Sep 20, 6:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Recognize any of these images????

Fyrene ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:44 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.arielsdreams.com/freegallery.htm#gallery_top

This site as a gallery called Ariels Dreams. At the bottom she has some artists links. But there are many images that do not. Makes you wonder if she actually asked permission of the artists that she did give a link to. Artist's links: runswithwind , Eowyn, jenay, BlueBeard, Cimerone , eirian, pizazz, Morris, cwshorty, turtle, Daio, wyrmmaster, guarie , Dave71 ,Vali , NemainRavenwood, BB, kussetubaby, rockets ,akahastur, artistheat , darkwhispers, hoalys , pungitrap, Avalonne, pjaj , Ecstasy ,Pharie82 ,swissy ,Rio ,Laurie S ,larissad ,Elusion ,ToxicAngel ,Fatale , macrey18,narcissus , CATMANDO, picky,RogueElement,linwhite,Catharina Przezak,,,,

linwhite ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:48 PM

She has 11 of mine and no permission. I've been IM'ing the artist's whose work I recognized....didn't see the credits though. Linda

Rhiannon ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:48 PM

yeah ... she's got 6 or so of mine up there ... I've already written her. I can't seem to get a grip on why they are there, doesn't seem to go with the flow ... unless of course she plans to market our prints. Rhi

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:53 PM

Ohh I see at least one of mine One I did with my Celothera character and one by my hubby Ravenism *Useing Black Rose, called Touch. And I know no one asked us if they could use our work. sigh This again grr..

marforno ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 10:55 PM

well the statement at the bottom of the display page makes it pretty clear to me that our images there are "Merchandise" ==================================================== Ariel's Dreams Shopping-Gallery represents a new level of eBoutique that offers you a collection of the exotic as well as the familiar in an attractive and friendly site. Come for our exquisite merchandise and stay because you will discover so much more: Last modified 05/05/2003. ====================================================

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:00 PM

Shoot good eyes marforno I did not see that. They have no right to even have those images but if they are selling them that is horrible and they have to be stopped now. This is bullshit! Thank you Fyrene for letting us know.

Fyrene ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:02 PM

Credits to Linwhite for finding this one. I just put it out in the open :))

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:05 PM

Ohh make that two of my images. Ok now I just need to find out what we can do to stop this. And a big thank you as well to linwhite.

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:09 PM

Special thanks to Linwhite fior finding this new site. Seems like they trying to make money and great eyes Martin. Have not seen this . Damn do the never stop doing this :(

Strength Is Life, Weakness Is Death

linwhite ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:12 PM

It was an accident, but you're welcome....it set major alarms ringing for me....Hope we can do something about it.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:37 PM

THANK YOU for finding this site. One of mine is up there. I'll be damned....never happened to me before. I am somewhat livid. >:o( -Em aka. nikitacreed

Ravnheart ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:38 PM

Ok this person has not contacted me or Toxic about these nor did they ask about marketing period!!! I would have said NO! The image they have is one that we posted awhile back, because the ones we have up now have watermarks all over them. We would NOT want our images sold on a crappy site like that anyways!!! I am so sick of people like this! This is why myself and Toxic had to put words all across our images.... Something needs to be done to have these images pulled and contact there ISP and have her site removed... Thanks Lin for letting us know about this!

Scathdebas ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:43 PM

It doesn't look like she sells the pictures at all, she says the gallery is for enjoyment. The sales seem to refer to electronics and items for the home. At the bottom of the page she has links to artists pages here at Renderosity.

Ravnheart ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:44 PM

ok heres some info about the person, this cam staright from Network solutions, so this is public knowlage and is legal for me to post. His host is Valueweb. I used to be with them and they wiill not tolerate this at all Registrant: ARIEL'S DREAMS (ARIELSDREAMS-DOM) 294 WHITTIER DR. MASTIC BEACH, NY 11951 AF Domain Name: ARIELSDREAMS.COM Administrative Contact: Lang, Anthony (AL8663) anthony.lang@USA.NET CD Medics Labs 294 WHITTIER DR MASTIC BEACH, NY 11951-1818 US 516-281-6958 fax: 516-281-9434 Technical Contact: ValueWeb (HOS237-ORG) hostmaster@VALUEWEB.NET ValueWeb 3250 west commercial Blvd. Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309 US 954-334-8000 fax: 954-334-8001 Record expires on 05-Feb-2004. Record created on 19-Sep-2002. Database last updated on 6-Jun-2003 00:42:07 EDT. Domain servers in listed order: NS.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.253.211 NS2.VALUEWEB.NET 216.219.254.10

Fyrene ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:45 PM

Yes, Scathdebas, she does have links to some of the artists but not all the artists of which she is displaying the images. Besides, I think it still would be respectful to ask permission first before setting up a gallery of other peoples artwork. Just my opinon :)

Ravnheart ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:52 PM

Ok she has one of my image done with Toxic, and I was NOT credited NOR was either one of us asked! I am sick of people taking images that people spend so much time on and feel they can do what the please with them! Rendero has become a catalog of art for people to rip off... Is it going to come down to ever artist having to put watermarks all across the images because people like this? Its a real shame that people have no respect for the artist anymore...

marforno ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2003 at 11:52 PM

Scathdebas It doesn't look like she sells the pictures at all, she says the gallery is for enjoyment. ========================================================== Even if she is not selling the images she has no right to display them without authorization... BTW being this a commercial site, exposing this images to attract people constitutes a commercial use of them... Am I wrong...?

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

Ravnheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:04 AM

Ok straight from Valuewebs sight http://www.valueweb.com/policies.htm 12. Customer warrants that any material submitted for publication on ValueWeb does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, statutory common law or proprietary interest of others or contain anything obscene or libelous. ValueWeb reserves the right to remove any and all materials which infringe on copyright work. Such materials will be removed at any time upon receiving a complaint and or notice of copyright infringement.

jeweldragon ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:05 AM

I GAVE NO-ONE PERMISSION FOR PICS ON THAT SITE IM SOOOO PISSED !

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.arielsdreams.com/images/gallery/

they've got alot more than what's on that page.....4 folders of images...

jeweldragon ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:09 AM

also ty very much linda for letting me know in your im to me it was kind of you to take the time and you too fyrene

Dash ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:16 AM

This person has two of my images posted and I'm not even at the artist links, like all of you didn't ask permission either :( Thanks linda for pointing that site to our attention :)

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:22 AM

Okay...so who do we contact to have our images removed? The webmaster (give 'em a chance) or the host (screw 'em...they shoulda known better)? LOL! I have never done this before people. heh Anyone got a form letter handy that I can send? -Em (the copyright infringement virgin)

BekaVal ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:31 AM

The images in the folders linked by Dizzie seem to be stored under their Rosity names. Maybe someone can ran them against the gallery database.

Ravnheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:35 AM

heres who you contact. Any party seeking to report any other potential violations of this Agreement may contact ValueWeb via email at abuse@valueweb.com. I personaly am going to the host, There are WAY to many images stolen. I am sick to death of crap like this and I am now adopting a zero tolerance for it from here on out. We should not have to have to deal with this type of crap when we create art. This should be no different then someone taking a picture of say Luis Royo and making copies of it.... Its WRONG!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:39 AM

Ya make a good point Gina. Contacting the host it is. -Em

DM ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:40 AM

Some of my images are there too, without my knowledge and without my authorization either. Im so tired of this ... Thanks Linda for letting us know...

My Store | My Gallery

bsteele07 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.rightsforartists.com/

Hello all, This sounds like a bad case of copyight infrindgement. Here is a site, http://www.rightsforartists.com/, that has copy's of letters that you can send to the webmaster and/or host to have your pictures removed. I hope that this will help you.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:42 AM

Thank you bsteele07!

Ravnheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:49 AM

Thank you bsteele07!!!:) Ive sent my email

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:00 AM

The Auto Response email I just got. LOL! --------------- ****** This an automatic response to confirm that we have received your ****** ****** recent report regarding a Network Abuse or Security incident ****** ****** involving a valueweb.net member, and are taking the following ****** ****** actions to resolve the issue: ****** The information that you have provided will be used to investigate the incident for violations of our Acceptable Use Policy at: http://www.valueweb.net/support/usage.shtml Once the investigation is complete, action in accordance with our policies will be taken against the offending account immediately. Since the current volume of email prohibits a personal reply to all reports, unless additional information is required, it is possible that this may be the only response that you will receive from us. ValueWeb maintains a "zero tolerance" policy towards spam and network abuse at any time. The following paragraph briefly explains our abuse procedure: If three or more complaints are received regarding a violation of the user agreement, a warning is sent. This rule does not apply to complaints regarding trademark/copyright infringement or illegal activity. If further complaints show proof the a customer violated the user agreement after the warning was sent, the account is put in "lock out" status. The account remains locked out until such time that the customer speaks to an administrator with an explanation of the activity and verification that the customer understands the policy. At this time,a customer may be re-enabled and warned that the next violation will result in the cancellation of the account. Cancellation due to violation(s) of the user agreement is permanent except in extremely rare situations. Please make sure to include full headers when sending complaints (forward the message directly, do not "bounce" or use "cut and paste") If you require additional assistance, or have an unresolved complaint, please indicate so in the subject and/or in the beginning of your message. ValueWeb Abuse abuse@valueweb.net -------------- I feel so much better now. NOT. heh -Em

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:06 AM

sigh None of my pictures are there... Must mean I am indeed a crappy artist.... ;o) But I feel bad for all the artist who HAS their images stolen. I just somehow wish that it would happen to me... only once.....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Ravnheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.toxicangel.com/stuff/rip.php

to see all the images that are on the site, ToxicAngel has provided us with a easy way to view. take a look...

Fyrene ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:25 AM

Hey ernyoka1, dont feel bad. None of mine are there either. Waaahhhhhh!!! LOL Maybe I should feel lucky :) And I too feel bad for those that are they. Sheesh. 4 pages worth of images he has been storing!!!!

Fyrene ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:28 AM

Getting errors on the page Gina :(

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:32 AM

And Janne (Toxicangel) did a great rip to see here :) Thanks Janne for this awesome work :) The biggest motherfucking crap on net

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:34 AM

I say flood ValueWeb with complaints of copyright infringement - considering the number of infringements, make the point clear. That'll kick them into gear to do something. If that fails, a lawyer's notice of class-action suit would put a fire under them to move hastily. This point has been made ad nauseum, but signing or watermarking your images would go a long way to protecting your work. If I remember copyrights correctly, although minimally recognized as "properly" copyrighted material, signatures on artwork do have some amount of validation. Unless you can digitally sign the image file itself (a key or author field in the header), this is the best defense against this unpermissed misuse of images. BYS

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:36 AM

You can probably fast track your complaint by contacting the copyright agent for Value Web directly... Amy Clarke copyright@affinity.com Ph: 954-334-8000 Fax: 954-334-8001

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:42 AM

2 of my images posted there too but mostly I found ToxicRaven and Rhi images. Getting so sick of this crap.

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:45 AM

After reading up a bit, it would be even better if you could add a copyright notice within the file or as text somewhere on the image - the usual (c) Your Name, 2003. That is enough to warn that use of the image without permission is infringement and subject to the law (Copyright Act and DMCA). Still, doesn't Rendorosity have some sort of notice of image property and use restrictions? Seem funny if they didn't. BYS

BeatYourSoul ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:51 AM

Renderosity does have a Copyright Policy, but it reads like it only pertains to member infringements and not external infringements. Will have to reread that. :) It's on the right menu under "Renderosity". BYS

Larry F ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 1:55 AM

A stunning find, if for nothing more than the sheer size of the ripoffs, which means that none of this happened by accident. With all the time and effort that went into culling the images, making up the website, etc. I certainly don't think I have any images in there, but, in a former live, 25 years ago this week, I was the victim of a similar act, which caused me practically no end of grief (at the time), i.e., financial, emotional, artistic, etc., not to mention manhandled by some security guards over this issue (a long story), and that was only the first incident (again, a long story), subsequently threatened by some really unsavory types, and I didn't even mention the eventual lawyer fees. Seems like every other day or so there is one of these threads. Thievery is nothing new, but this kind is obviously a byproduct of the ease of misusing the technology. Seems like something should be done, i.e., banding together, collective representation, etc. My heart goes out to you.

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:00 AM

Well, I guess she or he doesn't like my style...none of mine there.

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:05 AM

Well....it looks like one of those "shopping channels" you see on cable tv :) They have links to damned near everything, including a lot of "get rich quick", pyramid type schemes. The images are not posted for sale, but the link that get's you the viewing page is called "Ariel's Gallery".....as if they actually created some of them :) Looks like they grabbed a crapload of images and do some kind of rotation. Certainly more images in those folders than appear in the thumbs on the site. The "artists links" that are posted make it look as though you are all part of their "marketing partnership"! :) I'd be mad as hell too! Everyone's looking for "a quick buck"! Good grief!

Ravnheart ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:11 AM

Attached Link: Copyright Psd layer

file_61623.jpg

Ok I have done a Psd file with a layer with a copyright watermark. I know its not pretty but it will protect you from this. You can paste the layer over your art and then set the opacity. You can also set it to overlay if you want it to be less visiable. Set to screen and 20% it will look this the image.

Also it seems there are about 527 images total in the images folder. This may not be exact due to the code being done while ToxicAngel rage fumes.
You can see the image names and how many here :)
http://www.toxicangel.com/stuff/rip2.php

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:23 AM

Thanks a lot you both for the quick rip and the copyright psd layer that will help to protect our work. We must do some in this way if we wanna stop this crap. I hope everybody find a useful way to use this layer :) Thanks again you both for the quick work you have done :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 2:49 AM

If you already use PhotoShop, there is a way to copyright your image using a Digimark watermark. Low-level protection is free and already included... you can purchase a higher level (more deeply embedded) watermark with your name and contact info if you wish. look in the menu under "Filters"; it is there at the bottom. After using save-for-web to shrink the image for publication on the 'Net, hit it with this filter... and a little "(c) year" notice is attached to your image like a luggage tag. It is possible to get around this protection by clipping or tubing part of the image, but if people are stealing the whole kit, cat, and kaboodle, you can at least add the notice. Carolly

NVITWS ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 3:08 AM

I feel so badly for all of you who were ripped off. Some of my acquaintances' work is in there. This is disgusting. My heart truly goes out to the victims of this person with no ethics.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 3:41 AM

Not trying to make light of this as it's a very serious problem but I do wish just once someone would steal something of mine then I can finally say I'm an artist.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 3:43 AM

This is so lame, and getting more popular to steal it seems. Go get em and make an example of them! Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 3:45 AM

This is when I wish I knew how to hack a site. How blatent she is! Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.