Sun, Oct 6, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Calum5 calling "please help " !!!

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 5:51 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:25 PM

Hi everyone who's clicked to read my cry for help! My problem is suddenly my setup has changed in B5 and I cant find the way to revert?. Useally I work by making a scene then rendering it,I then add to the scene by clicking the wireframe and importing,positioning and then reverting to my render cam dot!Click the wirefame again used to then show wire frame and last render! Now previous render is lost and greyboxes simulate the objects! I want to know how to change back as ive tried everything! Please help me :0) Thanks if you have my answers and thanks for reading even if you cant help me! Byeeeeeeeee calum5( -still a newbie-lol-7monnths)

ttops ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 5:58 PM

Move you mouse over the icons located on the right hand side of the screen. As you pass by each one of them you should see an explanation on what they are on the left hand corner of the screen. Play with display modes..

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 6:09 PM

Im gratefull for you help but have done that1None of the options help!Is there a sub menu for displays that I just cant find!Theres not that much to look through in the interface and am suprised I cant figure it out! I have a good basic understanding and a manual which fails to help. Thanks anyway:0)

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:08 PM

I find that when there are many objects in a scene, the program, rather than map out each one, converts the appearence of them to cubes. Kind of like an overload failsafe. It can't read that many at one time. I don't think there is a fix for that. In your last scene there must have been tons of objects. Happens when I do intricate models too.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:12 PM

This may be a different situation from what I explained, if so I've never seen that happen.I'm Curious to what caused that also. Let us know if you resolve it.

___

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:28 PM

It is like that now for all new work I create too!Even if I open a simple cube -render it same thing happens !I cant add and spray render anymore!!Please is their a doctor in the house-lol.Clicking the wireframe used to take me through 3 stages!Wire/wire over last render and last render! Now its just wire and grey blocks as second ! Ahggggggggggg!lol:0(.I have 768RAM 2GIG Processor -80gigH/D two thirds free memory!!

ringbearer ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:47 PM

Is it possible that you have clicked the little ball to turn textures off? Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 7:53 PM

I will go check! I know its not system safty overload as that turns objects to wireframes cubes on movement after I use over a million polys for example! My new veiws are of grey solid boxes and other colours indicating textured objects!? I'll let you all know if and how and why? If it is corrected by some help! Thanks everyone so far!! calum5

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:18 PM

No its not textures turned off! When say I add a rock from default it now appears as a solid grey rock instead of a wireframe one like previously !-then say I add a rock texture and render ,it renders fine but when I move the rock after rendering it reverts to a solid gray rock.Not a wireframe? I click the display button and as mentioned earlier only 2 options work instead of 3! Im confused! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me !!!!:0#(

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:23 PM

Sounds like you have open GL selected, right panel/small frame-cube press & hold curser till sub menu appears, choose default wireframe.

___

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:33 PM

The reason it looks like boxes is, Open GL doesn't show boolean objects, and everything looks like gray boxes,cylinders,etc.

___

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:36 PM

'BIG CHEERS' for "ICM" !!! Thanks pal you solved my problem!! I recall putting my keyboard down and seeing a miilisecond pop up in the lower left corner! It must of activated the switch over! I thought there must be a hidden menu . I owe you one my friend!Thankyou for your time ,help and solutional education!! Calum5 pps thanks also for the comment on my city image posted today!Next to kinouks small jewelry sign your name is sprayed in RED! Sorry it didnt come out so well!If you r/cick and save then zoom you'll see it!(If you wanted too) Just mentioning that I didnt forget you!!:0)

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 8:44 PM

I found it this morning, Thanks! ;)

___

calum5 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 9:20 PM

He He ! Oh and the pop up was in the right corner !! Thanks once more calum5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.