Fri, Sep 20, 1:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: need help making a pond and stream.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 9:42 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:48 AM

hello all, i'm back with another newbie question. i am working on a scene and would like to have a pond and stream in it but cannot figure out how to do it. i tried to use the turtorial that came with bryce with no luck. the place where the lake should be is still filled with the material from the ground plane. i know i have to use booleans in order to do it. any assistance would be appreciated. thank you in advance! eb

MadDog31 ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 10:38 PM

Not necessarily. If you're trying to add in a lake area, go into the terrain editor and lower that part of the height map with a brush. I think I'm reading your question right. Maybe someone who's more adept at doing landscapes can help too. MD

Innovator ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 12:26 AM

file_62140.jpg

ok, this isnt a great example, but maybe youll get a good idea of what Im talking about here. Just start off with a regular terrain and go into the terrain editor. then just use different elevation levels with the brush tool and carve out the particular look you are going for. Hope this helps, need more detailed info? Just let me know

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 3:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelscapes.com

Uh, guys, scooping out the terrian creates the depression, but don't forget that water goes in it, for the water, create another terrain flatten it, turn it upside down, give it a water texture, drop it in the hole, just below the surface terrain, adjust to taste....for a stream I'd suggest reading 'Jens Recipe for River Valleys' at the link above, it's very informative and easy to do...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

terra-man ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 8:50 AM

And what the problem was wiuth the vollowing of the tut... Yoiu schould group the booleans bevore they work... had that problem too when I tried to vollow the tuts :)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 10:50 PM

thank you all for the tips and advice! i can't say it enough how cool everybody here at the brice forum is. some of the other forums i have gone to (for other subjects) could care less about newbies. so i thank you all for taking the time to help me out. innovator, that was pretty damn cool, everything short of doing it for me. i know without a doubt that i will have more questions. thanks again, i appreciate the help! eb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.