Mon, Oct 21, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: What is wrong here? :-(

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:30 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:11 PM

file_62979.jpg

I dont know what is wrong with my model here, I have been using this model for quite a while with no problems, and suddenly I have these brown patches in rendering. I tried putting the original geometry file back in and no luck. Does anyone know whats going on here and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Valandar ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:38 AM

This is rendered in P5? If so, apply a texture map, any texture map, to the Displacement node, with a displacement of .000001, and enable Displacement in the Firefly renderer. Two-sided faces do things like this in P5.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 12:49 AM

The displacement map thing didnt work :-(

3ncryptabl3_lick ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 2:25 AM

I have goten something similar to this by over producing a spotlight. When i say that, I mean, raising and lowering values ALOT between renders as well as moving them. I'm probably way of base though. I couldn't say for sure this is what your experiencing. Questiong: would you say those patches corespond to the figure meshes (robe's) geometry? That is to say, if you switched to a mesh view, would that triangle near the centre BE a triangle in the mesh? Just wondering, it may narrow it down to a mesh-fart (with what and why i dont know) rather than a texture.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2003 at 4:17 PM

heyas; i dunno, but it looks as if somehow you have two identical clothing meshes that aren't exactly overlapping. if it's only in rendering.... um, did you change any polygon smoothing options?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.