Tue, Oct 22, 5:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: AAAAAAAHHHHH

markdc ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:15 PM

A wise man once told me,"If it ain't broke don't fix it!" I now pass this nugget of wisdom on to you. It will make your life easier.

ladynimue ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:15 PM

This is one OT thread that is Not being Moved ;] ladynimue ;[

gps ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:18 PM

SamTherapy, I think you'll find the exact shade is fecal taupe ;) - gps

Poisen ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:22 PM

this is going to be the biggest thread in the world. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:27 PM

"SamTherapy, I think you'll find the exact shade is fecal taupe ;) - gps" AKA "The discarded diaper". :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:31 PM

"This is one OT thread that is Not being Moved ;] ladynimue ;[" Why dat? Because there are similar ones in every forum on the site? :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:12 PM

Well, using print screen and then a dropper the hex number for the pink/gray tone is #524745. When blended with with/gray it actually isn't too bad.

EdW ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:30 PM

I think it's really tacky to have to update the info that the PTB deem necessary just to change the color of the text and background. Really tacky way of getting more information about your members. Ed

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:39 PM

file_63172.jpg

Here's what I've come up with and it seems to work for me, at least until we can change the sidebar color. Melanie

Connatic ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:39 PM

I agree! Maybe they made the site undesirable on purpose, triggering the response to change the colors, pushing us into giving up the info. It took me several tries, as I did not enter the info until prompted. I buy a lot of stuff here - why do they need to know more about me? I may have to change some of my own habits. I hate having info pried out of me.

neurocyber ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 8:54 PM

:)Hahahahaha... This is fun. :) :)All that's needed now is a paper texture tile background. :) :)

queri ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 9:13 PM

Just remember, the color you pick for your forums is the color for your gallery as well. A medium grey with navy text is fine for the forums but has the effect of the default Poser background on my gallery. Hey, I'm not a fine artist, but I didn't think my work looked that bad. It all looks so eeeew Adult. Like corporate. Emily

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 9:45 PM

Well, I'm off to change the colors again. Read a thread, change the colors; read a thread, change the colors. It will be an interesting night. I've tried blues and purples hoping to coordinate with the logo, going with greys and taupes now. I refuse to use that bilious green, though. I'm not afraid of color (my Mac screen is purple, my Earthlink home page is peach & rose, my old WIN 3.1 screens were green and orange)... HOWEVER I need the option to change more than just the text box in order to fix this mess.

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:09 AM

I gave up last night (gmt time) came back this morning and it is still 'orrible. Ye gods the old default colours were better than this. As a designer I tend to tone things to match, so why not choose a scheme that matches the new logo, or is that just too damn professional. OR give us back the option to change everything to suit ourselves. I used to have Renderosity toned to match my personalised windows set up. Now it looks like crap!!! And please not all of us have large monitors, and many have dodgy eyesight, so why at my preferred resolution for working on other things do I have to scroll to see the whole message. Maybe Rendorosity want to cut down the numbers of people surfing this site.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 1:47 AM

file_63173.jpg

Bloody 'ell! lastime I saw this much gripin' was when P5 came out. You see where the little black arrow is sitting? well, hit that button and things will revert to white text on black. If you want custom colors use your fav paint program to get the code of your prefered text and back combo and enter them in the white boxes under the text and background color lines.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

illusions ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:05 AM

OMG...and I thought I wanted to tear my own eyes out after seeing naked Kathy Bates step into the hot tub in About Schmidt!!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 3:38 PM

Charlie_Tuna, the point is that a) Newcomers won't know about the option and may run away screaming, never to come back b) Most background colours makes the links look totally unreadable. Granted on your yellow they will be visible, but still yellow is not DARK and will most likely look horrible as a background for a gallery image

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kbennett ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 4:25 PM

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 6:15 PM

file_63174.jpg

ernyoka1, go back up to #45 I did a cap of the top of the forums welcome page that shows some links and the galeries don't look that bad either, in fact it makes the darker ones show up better :-)

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:09 PM

The box where I type in my reply looks pink. It is just my eyes doing that against these experimental colors, or what? Melanie

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:40 PM

hmm, I my color set the background replying is a very light ghost grey. could be your monitor is weirding out? try my color setup listed in note #45 and see if you still get a pink reply box

n3k0 ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 11:53 PM

Hey, how a about a whole new forum for posting different color schemes? :-O ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 12:53 AM

Charlie_Tuna :o) I said that your colour scheme made the links and such look ok (And now you CAN change the colour of the links, WHEEEEE) but the point is still that newcomers WON'T know this and if I send someone to see my gallery they will be stuck with that white background which does NOT make the images look better. We can change it to something readable now, right. The major point is : It shouldn't be NECESSARY to jump thru hoops to be able to SEE a website without sunglasses. Not for oldtimers and CERTAINLY not for new members!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 1:50 PM

file_63175.jpg

the background is no longer pure white this pic was grabbed off America Online's web access. This pale grey is the default background color for MSIE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.