Fri, Sep 20, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: question about bryce lightning?

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 10:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:23 AM

hello all, i am sorry if this has been asked before. i want to check out lightning to do some network rendering and have a stupid question. do i have to install lightning on the computer that has bryce installed on it, or do i just have to install it on the other computer that will be used to help out? ok so i have two stupid questions. do i have to install bryce itself on the second computer or just lightning? thanx in advance for the assistance! eb

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 11:02 PM

You only have to install lightning on the other computer. The one with Bryce can also be used to render or you can set it for the other computer to render. Only animations can be rendered over network but you can just make a zero or 1 frame animation for a still render.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 11:10 PM

thank you that helps alot! so whould i set up the document as an animation and then just make a picture as if i was just doing a still? or when you say aero or 1 frame animation is that a setting in lightning?

stash0404 ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 5:41 AM

if you render using lightening the ouput is an avi file (or whatever you specify), I usually render a single frame avi - highestpossible quality and pass it out to other pc's on the network using the tile setting - then once complete i take the avi into imageready and then on into photoshop. Bit of a dirty method i know but it gets those huge renders done quicker ;0) Stash

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:35 AM

Instead of saving to avi do a .bmp sequence, then you don't have to extract it from the avi. ebsmooth, just create your scene as normal. When you are ready to render it will be like rendering an animation. Choose .bmp/.pict sequence and for range of frames will be zero in each section. That's all there is to it. :)

stash0404 ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 8:52 AM

Well im gonna have to try that too - cheers aldaron Stash

ebsmooth ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 9:26 AM

thanks for the help. aldaron/stash0404 that was going to be my next question. how to get the pic from from the avi. but now i do not need to ask. thank you again i appreciate the help! eb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.