Thu, Sep 19, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: very stupid question!!!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:20 PM ยท edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 11:13 AM

i apologize now for the stupidness of this question! can someone tell me how to make a thumbnail? told ya it was stupid. as always thanks for the help! eb

BazC ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:29 PM

You'll need some sort of image editing programme, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or similar. Whichever app you use there should be an option to change image size. Reduce it to the size you want, and if it's for the web make the resolution 72dpi and save it as a new file. Use .jpg as the file type and a compression level of 8 should give good quality and small file size. - Baz

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:33 PM

cool not as hard as i thought. thanks for the help!

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:41 PM

A second possibility is to do a second render of your image using File>Document Size with a document size under 200x200. Then converting to .jpg Catlin says thumbnails done in this way tend to look sharper than shrinking your original rendered image.

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 6:24 PM

i can see your point. the render time should not be to bad either. thank you both for the advice.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 8:11 PM

hey, we all had to ask it at one time..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 9:21 PM

The render time is like in seconds or at most a couple of minutes even with complicated scenes. Catlin

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 9:31 PM

i've tried both methods and they worked very well. thank you all for the assistance, the help is greatly appreciated!!! eb

Doublecrash ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:09 AM

I have a suggestion for you: if you plan to post your images to other galleries (like Digital Artworks, for example) and don't have your website, it's better to make them 200x150max: I discovered this size fits almost all others' webgalleries requirements. I'm upgrading all my thumbnails for this purpose. Stefano

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.