Thu, Sep 19, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce to Hollywood...?

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:12 PM

Well, who knows... All i know is that ive just recieved an offer about some 2D/3D visual effects work for an upcoming TV movie project for Silver Pictures|Warner Bros. Did a namecheck on the guy, and it seems hes been working with movies like Pitch Black etc. Nice... :) Just goes to show, that our favourite friend Bryce, cant be ruled out yet, and is still going strong! :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:43 PM

You are da Bryce MAN!! I rembered when CBS called my son. Excitment X10. Happy for ya, can't wait to see.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 4:53 PM

So...you going to move on the offer? AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:03 PM

Have some questions before i decide. Its really tempting, and ill have to see how it interfears with my regular job. About 6 months of work... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:09 PM

Nope, you can't do it. Doing work to upload to Renderosity is far more important. Greedy AgentSmith

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 5:24 PM

If you only knew... The last time i did some work, i barely had the time to do some own ideas. At the end, i was starting to climb on the walls...swinging in the lamp...growing hair on odd places...you know the feeling :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

nuski ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 6:33 PM

I remember that Pitch Black was one of your 5 all time favorites. It was also one of mine! Thinking back to the atmosphere, camera angles and visuals in the movie. . . . and then your style of imagery. . . . I see many similarities between the two!! If the desired special effects in this new project have the same look as Pitch Black, I can see why they have an interest in your style!! Go for it my friend!! Your ideas will complement their ideas and vice versa!! : )

tuttle ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 6:59 PM

... Thinks... hmmm, if Rochr takes this job then he won't have time to submit a cover competition entry and that will give me a better chance of winning... :)))))) Yeah! But seriously, DO IT!!!!! Don't turn down something like that! Excellent! OK, so I've never seen Pitch Black but I've seen the effects, etc. So don't be crazy, get to work ;) (Certainly sounds more exciting than painting a parrot, which is what I've been asked to do next week...) Let us know how you get on!

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:04 PM

I agree with Tuttle. GO FOR IT !!

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Nukeboy ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:18 PM

Go for it!!! Maybe we can get the "Hollywood Biggies" to sponsor Bryce? I can see it now: "Bryce 6 brought to you by ILM and S. Speilberg"

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 7:37 PM

dude that rocks. a well deserved spot, maybe ill see some of your stuff soon! congrats to you and bryce!

Wadus ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 8:20 PM

Maybe they use you to do some CG stuff on Matrix Revolutions. wouldnt it be nice to see Bryce(and your name ofcourse) in the credits :)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 9:18 PM

Sounds like an excellent opertunity Rudy, so go show them what you got. Best wishes. Catlin

RobertJ ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 10:35 PM

Imagine a few years from now: And the award for best GCI goes to ......

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

MadDog31 ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 11:30 PM

Nice job Rochr, go for it I think it's great. I hope I can get something like that someday, or maybe into the gaming industry. Congrats, MD

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 11:45 PM

All depends on whether or not he can keep his real job and do the CGI. Hard choice either way, and 6 months is quite a long time to do 2 major jobs. Hope you can take it, though. Btw, general fyi; there will be a sequel to Pitch Black, (just in case any of ya didn't know). Supposedly out in June/July of 2004. AS

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 12:05 AM

I'd say go for it, it's your foot in the door of a movie studio, and the possibility you can quit your day job. Just make sure all the contracts are in order, what they pay you is enough, and try for a percentage as well (syndication can net you a bunch). This is well deserved, your one of my favorite artists and I've learned alot looking at your work, right on! Zhann

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

orbital ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 1:50 AM

"It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't" Taken from the intro to the track "Satan" by- yep you guessed it Orbital. You must do it, I'll miss your work of course but you have a gift that could earn you mega bucks.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:04 AM

Sounds like a great oppertunity (sp?). Maybe you could make some kind of arrangement with your current regular job so you can temporarily do part-time work if neccesary and switch back to full-time when you can or need too.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:32 AM

With this kind of support, how can i say no...! :) "Tools are only means to an end. what matters most is the final result on screen. I reckon that we will have a placement for you as "Scenic/Concept Artist" which will start during the previsualization stage." Open minded guys, and "Scenic/Concept Artist", does have a nice ring to it... I will talk to them by phone, but as it looks now, i will take the opportunity. I CAN take a year of my regular job, (They cant fire me, Swedish Law), just have to settle for some sort of payment. Still gotta eat... :) Thanx guys, ill keep you posted!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:54 AM

Congrats! This is GREAT news. Previs is bags o fun, you'll love it, perfect for ya. AS

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:36 AM

Rochr, Great! Does this mean that you'll have to move to L.A. or can you do it from home? Either way it sounds exciting! Congratulations, - TJ

markk ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:39 AM

I am pleased to see people getting the recognition they deserve. Bryce is a great program dispite it's obp format. I have seen Pitch Black, a terribly underated film. It was shot mainly in Coober Pedy in Australia

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:44 AM

Oh, Rochr in Los Angeles, now that's a thought...lol. (I live in Los Angeles) AS

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:06 AM

AS: You'll have to show Rochr around town and hoist a few with him when he arrives. :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:15 AM

I'll have to strap him to a table and use a huge rusty machine to extract the talent from him, is what I'll really have to do. AgentSmith

Pedrith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:24 AM

That is so cool. Way to go! You ahve my full support. :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 5:28 AM

Hmmm, Frezberg is only a little over four hours (approximately 27 beers) away from L.A. by car - less than that by motorcycle.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:05 AM

Hey, just past Fresno...(Just 2-3 McDonald's stops away)

Doublecrash ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:12 AM

Go for it, Rudy! Bring high the Bryce proudness (geez, this is pure English improvisation, sorry here's morning). Too cool. We all can't wait to see your skills on the bigscreen! S.

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:38 AM

Oh, we will wait. Great news, if you succeed in swinging the both jobs.

-- erlik

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 8:55 AM

Well, i dont want to build up too much expectations until i know more... Not there just yet! AS. if you, in the future, see a tourist with a very stupid "Where-the-hell-am-i"-look, that just might be me... ;)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 9:08 AM

Rudy if you go to LA will you be taking your tentacles with you? If not can I borrow them? I think they would help tremendously on haggis hunting expeditions here in Scotland..................8D Catlin

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 9:23 AM

Haggis... euwwwww. You'd better be off with lutefisk. :-)

-- erlik

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 9:27 AM

What's a lutefisk? Some kind of alien fish? Completely confused......................8? Catlin

EYECON ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 9:30 AM

do ya know that the talented poeple in this world are actually named RUDy!? (and its just a coinsidence that my firt name is RUDY!) Go for it man! dang! what i would give to be offered that kind of oppurtunity! btw when your up there and they need a few more jockies? well dont forget your name (and mine it "rudy eric" aka eyecon) ehehehehehe

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 9:59 AM

Lutefisk, or Lutfisk is kinda alien...its a Swedish invention. "A Scandinavian specialty made with unsalted dried COD. The age-old preparation method is to soak the dried cod in regularly changed cold water for a period of eight days. The cod is then soaked for two days in a mixture of water and potash lye, after which it's soaked for two more days in fresh water. Actually tasted it once, still suffer from the consequences. ...strange people, these swedes...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

tuttle ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 10:04 AM

Hmmm... My "boast" is that there's no food on earth that I don't like, or wouldn't taste, but I would certainly attempt to avoid a 10 day old rotting fish if at all possible.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 10:18 AM

Tuttle how about a little haggis with its strange, exotic, ingredients, with a sheeps stomach to wrap it all up in and that's all I know about it. Actually haggis is rather tasty even though the poor little thing is made fun of all over the world. Catlin

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:22 AM

The Lutefish recipe sounds a little like the backwoods recipe for carp (a bottom-feeding fish with a bad reputation). Take a carp and nail it to a pine board cut just a little longer than the fish. Marinade the fish and board in a mixture of pepper, mustard, salt, vinegar, lemon juice and tartar sauce overnight. Place board and fish on a cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 3 and 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Separate carp from board. Discard carp and eat the board. Serves about four.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tuttle ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:40 AM

Haggis is great, if a little oddly shaped. Black pudding is excellent too (congealed pigs' blood and fat), I don't know if you can get it in the US but it's pretty common here. But I don't have too much of it... not particularly good for the figure : I've had a fair number of strange dishes but I really want to try bat and snake. Not necessarily at the same time. And grasshoppers.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:47 AM

Rochr- if anyone can pull this off it's you, make us proud! Tuttle- Haggis and blood pudding (it's called that here) are available in parts of Canada.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 11:54 AM

I've eaten rattlesnake...no lie, it tastes very much like chicken. Boy, oh boy, we got ADD bad in this Forum. We start out with Rochr getting an offer to work in Hollywood and end up talking about weird food, LOL!

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 12:55 PM

Rochr, I hope it turns out to be a great offer and you can take it. That way, I can live vicariously through you! ;) Seriously, good luck! Weird food: Ceviche. It's fish and onion chopped up and soaked in lime juice. South American. Very yummy. Lin

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:41 PM

Speaking of strange food, you should really try Surstrming...or maybe not...its really a killer... :) Im not even going to tell you how THATs being made... ;)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 3:59 PM

I'll skip the haggis thank you. The ingredients don't sound to tasty to me. And why would you want to soak a cod in water for days. It's been in the water all it's life. I'd rather eat my fish when they are still fresh. I'll stick with herring or squid. I'd be willing to try snakes or insects too, but I'll leave haggis and Lutfisk to others.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

tuttle ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:37 PM

Squid... mmmm. I buy "squid in it's own ink" every week and dip bread in it. A bit more back on subject - Rudy - I was on Craig Mullins' site yesterday and he has a section where he shows some of the Final Fantasy concept scenarios he worked on. All the cityscapes (or nearly all) were rendered in 3D before he painted over them, so maybe these 3D concept phases are the type of stuff you'll be asked to do. He has images of before / after, 3D model etc. and I found it pretty interesting (if you check it out, it's not in the galleries but a separate gallery somewhere down the middle of the main page).

tuttle ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 4:38 PM

Oh, it's goodbrush.com BTW

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 7:09 PM

Hey, if your going to drive four hours from L.A., come up to San Luis Obispo and see me! there's a great pub, Spike's, with ovr forty beers, and (he says modestly) I'm a great chef and BBQer. And the weather is much nicer here than in Fresno!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 10:15 PM

Surstrming...yes...One of my buddies here in L.A. is also Swedish, I've heard him talk about that... It's fermented herring you eat cold. And raw, I assume? Not in my most druken moment would I... AS

Doublecrash ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2003 at 12:18 AM

I ate rattlesnake too, and it's not bad at all. I too want to try some grasshoppers/crickets. But, believe me, the worst thing I ever ate is called Luppeukka and it's a Lapponian dish... I think (I fear) it's something like the boiled colon of a reindeer... Here in Milan, Italy, we have "Cassoeula", a strong, fat boiled pork fat (with some meat attached to it) mashed with boiled cauliflower... You eat it, you're on your back for a couple of days... S.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.