Fri, Sep 20, 2:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Tan, brown, gold?

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 8:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Has anyone else noticed a trend toward earth tones in the fractal gallery lately? I think this dreadful new (white background) color scheme is influencing color choices! Tres

Fractals will always amaze me!

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 9:08 PM

nope, still looks like a good cross section of colours to me :) but then I've learned to ignore everything outside of my black background when viewing images!!

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 10:07 PM

Not from me, Tres. :) You'll never see brown and gold together in an image from my hands. :) I kept the background black, so everything looks the same to me. :) M

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:16 PM

I hate to think what the newbies are seeing! My background is a deep purple, just like it was before. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:25 PM

What's so terrible about earth tones?

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:47 PM

Earth tones are okay in small doses, like anchovies. But yellow and brown = bleh.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:53 PM

Any color used to excess can be boring. But what is bleah to you is rich in fertile possibilities to me. It's all a matter of taste. I don't like anchovies, but I love brownies. ;)

peapodgrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:57 PM

Yep, it's definitely a matter of taste. And we all think our own tastes are superior. Some are correct, some are not. ;)

Cyble13 ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 9:02 AM

I immediately changed my background back to black as soon as I saw the changes in layout. I did notice alot of "earthy" colors lately but it seems the gallery "cycles" through colors.I know I do. :)

TheRingess ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 10:26 AM

Attached Link: http://markch1.home.mindspring.com

Can you say dogma? LOL.

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2003 at 1:35 PM

I know that conventional art is usually placed against a white background, but light is everything with computer graphics. I have been trying out many different backgrounds for display, and I am finding that the darker backgrounds (not necessarily black) tend to make my fractals seem more vibrant and colorful, whereas the lighter backgrounds tend to make them seem washed out and, curiously, smaller. I would have preferred that they had chosen to use the neutral grays, with perhaps charcoal as gallery backgrounds, instead of the browns. I think that would have been more elegant and professional. I have nothing against earth tones, but they do sometimes clash with other colors. Tres

Deagol ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 7:17 PM

On a slightly different note, I think that fractals that have black backgrounds are sort of lazy. It's a challenge is to fill the whole image with something.

FractalGrrl ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 8:05 PM

I think that it depends on the colors in the fractal. Sometimes a black background will make them come alive, though mostly I like to do some sort of artful 'framing' that looks like cast or reflective light, or as if the frac is made out of glass, and that can only be accomplished on a lighter background. I think our difference only make for more interesting art. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.