Tue, Oct 8, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: help a newbie with Mimic

ajvelez ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 9:38 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 1:28 PM

Hello, how are you? I am new to Poser and Mimic and I created a PZ2 with Mimic however, before I read the directions I changed the export directory. Could someone tell me how to change it back because I don't know how to open it with Poser when it's not in the default directory.

adam

brandonc ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 10:02 PM

u can just stick the files that mimic makes into your poser poses directory

ajvelez ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 10:14 PM

Sounds great! What folder should go into in the Poses directory? Thanks! adam

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2003 at 11:48 PM

(Assuming a PC), open up My Computer or Windows Explorer, create a subfolder under Poses and call it something like Mimic Poses. Put all your Mimic poses there and you're done.

ajvelez ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 11:05 AM

Thanks a lot. I will try that when I get off work. Can't quit my 9-5 yet. I also have some really cool ideas about making talky cartoons so when I get one done is there some place I can post it so you guys can check it out and critique it? adam

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 11:18 AM

When I installed Mimic 2, it created it's own subfolder called "Mimic" under the Pose folder. It should already be there. If you are like me and have so many items in your Library, it might not be easy to find at first glance.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

ajvelez ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 3:23 PM

I'll sure look for it! I knew I bombed out when I read the directions and it said, "don't change the default folder." I bought poser and mimic at the same time so here i am with this pz2 file and no idea how to open it. So, has anyone out there tried making a music video with mimic? Adam

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 4:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Yup... Me and my partner used Poser, Mimic and Lightwave to create a music video for BET. It was tricky because Mimic interpolates all the sounds in the sound file. You can't just let mimic create the animation from the recorded song. If you do this you will get the mouth reacting to all the sounds. Can't you just see it? A mouth moving to the sound of a saxaphone. How did we get around this? I thought you would never ask. :) 1. I learned the song enough to say the words 2. I sat in front of a microphone with a pair of headphones on. The words were also in front of me. 3. Played the song in the headphones while recording my voice clearly saying (not singing) the words in sync with the song. > By doing this I got a clean (voice only) recording of the words to the song with the correct timing for the words. 4. I created the mimic animation using the clean voice recording. > Now the song and the animated character sync up perfectly with good mouth movement for the character. All the best, Joe www.3-AXIS.com

ajvelez ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 2:17 AM

Whoa dude, sounds trick! I have a totally different method in mind. I actually use cakewalk and acid to make mp3 for the internet. I am planning to pull the vocal track from the source file song and import that into mimic along with a text file, of course. Then I will export into poser and export again to avi. Then I will open the poser avi in adobe premiere and add the music only track (voice muted). If I am a lucky dog, the tracks will sync up automatically. I will let you know. By the way, how do I post that so you can see it? adam

Lawndart ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 5:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3-AXIS.com

Sounds cool! I look forward to seeing it. A quick tip on the text file: Don't use any punctuation. The text file should be a steady stream of words. This helps mimic get a good reading of the words to match it up to the sound file. Mimic does not recognize any punctuation as "actual punctuation". It will try to use the punctuation mark as part of a word. This can give incorrect mouth positions making the talking character look fake. As far as posting a movie... I think you need to host it on an outside server and them post a link to the location of the movie. Cheers, Joe www.3-AXIS.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.