Thu, Sep 19, 9:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Props Wont Hold Morphs..Help Please!

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 4:39 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:17 AM

Ive made a prop,and when i add a morph to the prop the morph works but when I save the prop it wont save the morph with it..Any Ideas?

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 4:54 PM

Absolutely no idea whatsoever. Sorry, but I can't think of a single reason for this to happen, apart from some blindingly obvious mistake. Let's start from the beginning. You made a prop. Does it save OK without the morph? Next, you import the morph through Properties, right? Does the morph dial appear? I suppose it does, because the morph works. You then save the prop to the Prop Library, correct? Not any other library? (I'm clutching at straws here). Have you tried saving the prop + morph, then opening the pp2 file in notepad to see if the morph channel is there? Can't think of anything else at the moment. mac

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 6:12 PM

I am also a bit mystified by this one. The word "morph" can cover a few things, but I assume that you mean a morph target loaded via Object>Load Morph Target. If the MT works on the prop I can't see any reason why it should not save with the prop. I am going to make a stab in the dark here. If you morphed the prop by applying two or more morph targets, or if you morphed the prop by applying a magnet, then you have to use Object>Spawn Morph Target, to actually create your new MT in the prop. Other posibilities are that: 1. You had the wrong item selected when you spawned the MT. 2. You did not morph the prop, you scaled it, scaling will not save to an MT. 3. There was some glitch in your system and the file did not save corectly. 4. The MT was created, but you have not expressed it by turning its dial.

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 6:14 PM

Ok I created the prop in Max.Then I imported it into poser.Then i created the morph in max and imported that obj file into Poser as a morph for the prop. Dial appears,Morph works,save it again, morph appears on prop.Great...create another morph, dial appears,morph works save it,open it agin morph dial not there .First one still there.Try again same thing..not there.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 6:32 PM

You are giving each morph a diffrent name when you load it? If yes, then you have me stumped.

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 6:47 PM

yes each a different name

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 7:18 PM

The morph will disappear if you leave it with the default name.

brandonc ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 8:04 PM

along this line do all morphs have to be in a seprate file or can you have say 1 file with lots of morphs??

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2003 at 11:27 PM

Brandonc, you can have as many morphs as youlike in a pp2 or cr2. If you mean "can you load a number of morphs at once" the answer is yes. You can put a number morphs in a pz2 (pose) file, then apply it to your character, but there is a catch, you need to have channels in the character's cr2 file whos names match the channels in your pz2. This is called Delta Injection, or Morph Injection, its what Victoria 3 uses, but it can be used on any figure.

brandonc ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 3:27 AM

well lets say i make like three diff morphs for say the v3 face mask and i want to release them can i release all three in one file so then when the load the file it shows 3 dials for the morphs ??

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 5:36 AM

Its a bug Brandonc, i think its an OS thing or something coz i get it all the time and in P4, pro pack and P5...last one i save it with 4 morphs but only 2 would show up every time, in the end i took them off my XP machine and did it on the ME laptop, hense the OS suspicion...anyway sorry i don't have a fix, i hope someone else has one coz its damned annoying..Steve

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 9:57 AM

Yes Steve very annoying...Short of saving it as a pz3 file,isthere any other way to get them in there? some kinda pp2 editor?Anyone?

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 2:25 PM

Hmmm... I run win 2k which perhaps explains why I've never seen this. I think Compose can add geometry to files, but I'm not certain of that. I dumped Compose after I discovered it needed a 42 meg JRE to run it. And the JRE wrecked my browser's java, just to add insult to injury. mac

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 11:05 PM

I run Poser 4.0.3.126 on Windows98 SE and have never had this problem.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 11:49 PM

file_65499.jpg

Sorry to go on about this, but are you absolutly sure each morph channel is getting a unique name? I can't think of any other explination. I find it very hard to beleave that this is an OS bug. After all Poser is only saving a text file.

Georgous ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 12:36 AM

Ok,I dont know what happened,But after I saved the Prop again without any morphs and renamed it something else,It took. So now it takes the morphs. Thanks to all for your help.Does anyone know if theres limit on how many morphs i can put in it?

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 9:49 AM

No limit, as far as I'm aware. Glad you got it fixed. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.