Fri, Oct 25, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: im stuck, help please

deza ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 5:46 AM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 11:22 PM

im a newbie to ps and trying to soften a portrait of my daughter, now i found this on another forum but i get so far then get stuck: {picture}.1.duplicate the layer 2. step to lower 3. gaussian blur lower 4.step to upper layer and eraze parts that need softening ....... and this is where i get stuck i have the two pictures up side by side one has the blur the other has parts erazed. now no.5 says redo lower layer for more or less results? do what with it? and what do i have to do to get the final picture my mind has gone blank so any help please thanks in advance derek

Cookienose ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 9:25 AM

file_65716.jpg

Those are pretty confusing directions. This might be abit easier: 1. duplicate the layer. 2. On the duplicated layer, gaussian blur to about 9.0 (or whatever works best for you). 3. With the duplicated layer, experiment with different blending modes to see what you like best, (probably screen or overlay). Now, if you like the results there, stop. But if you would like certain details to come out more like the original, 4. Take the eraser tool, lower it's opacity to something around 25% or lower. Now on the duplicate layer, erase the areas you would like more detail to show through. Hope that helps.

retrocity ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 10:23 AM

Those are a lot clearer instructions Cookie ;)

Thanks for the mini-tut!

i hope Derek finds it useful, i'm sure others already have.

:)
retrocity

(ps: thanks for saving me the typing ;) )

deza ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 2:27 PM

thanks cookienose im just about to give that a go deza

OrcaDesignStudios ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2003 at 2:48 PM

Attached Link: http://3d-cc.com/quagnon/tutorials.html

You might be thinking of the so-caled "Penthouse Blur" which you can find at the URL attached.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.