Fri, Sep 20, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: A question about the Writers community (coming soon apparently)

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 4:59 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:43 AM

I know, this will probably sound thick, but what is the difference between the forums as they are now, and the new communities thing? I've been trying, without success, to think what else apart from the writers forum will go into the writers community. Unless the magazine staff are prepared to slum it here (joke, don't take offense) I don't see any other forums likely to fit into the writers category. I understand about Poser, with the main forum, technical forum etc..., but it seems that every forum now wants their own community. Isn't that what we already have? Shanna :-) puzzled, but glad to get the writers forum link at the top of the page.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 5:12 PM

I haven't a clue but I am going to speculate and say what we see now as communities are works in progress and that there will be more available as they are developed. I know there are a lot more writers out there than actually participate on this forum. I don't know if a community page would attract them to participate in other ways or not.

tien_avielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 1:17 AM

I'm clueless - But, I'd like to see a place for graphic novels, personally. They are becoming all the rage, and Jody aka "jarm" is great at them! Also, I'd like a way to invite all these artists to add illustrations to our writes. I've seen this done elsewhere, with mainstream stories, where the author may illustrate a bit, but also posts artwork done by his/her fans based on the story. It might encourage a lot more attention to this forum (even if it becomes a community, which I know nothing about.) How does one go about setting up a forum and/or community? Any feedback welcome.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 8:18 AM

I love that idea....it would be fun to have a challenge to the other forums to illustrate one of the poems/stories. That results would be very interesting indeed.

tien_avielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 9:58 AM

Now that I think about it, there is a listing for challenges on the main page, I think. Perhaps, if our moderator, Crescent, is interested ... It would need approval, I think, to post other's art here in writer's forum (and possibly from staff of Renderosity, too, eh?) It could also work the other way around, where writers create a poem/story inspired by someone's art - though, that is sometimes a bit "touchier." Artists might be put-off by writer's interpretations, I fear. Anyway, thanks for your input. Oh, also, around 3 am, I suggested this idea to the Renderosity team. I haven't heard back, but if they like the idea, perhaps they have some ideas how to set this up. The "forum" method really isn't best (but it would do in a pinch! - I'd like to see a seperate site, which would list all poems/stories looking for art, and all art looking for stories (i.e. an index of links, but "internal" to this "community," not spread all through Renderosity.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 5:00 PM

Let's just say there's a few happy surprises for the (mostly ready) Writers' Community. I don't want to spoil the surprises you'll see within the next day or two. I've been squirming in my seat for weeks trying not to let anything slip! (In fact, I wasn't expecting the Community to lauch for another week or two, so there's definitely going to be a bit of a "please pardon our dust" at the start.) Don't worry, there's going to be more stuff than "just" the Writers' Forum in the Writers' Community. (If someone is really observant, they may be able to find one of the new additions right now.) I have had some ideas on "cross pollination" but I've been doing a lot of stuff here on the back end, including getting things together for the community, so that has been pushed back to get the community itself up. Everyone's been busy finishing up their stuff, so sorry that it took some time to post on this. I was about to do a formal teaser, but Sho just had to be impatient! ;-) Be prepared for a very happy surprise or two!

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 5:05 PM

Wow. So what do we put in it now that we've got it???

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 5:16 PM
Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 5:19 PM

I told y'all that I was working on getting us a Gallery! Post your finished works in the gallery. The Forum is the place to get it polished so it gleams in the Gallery. I put in the first Writers' Tutorial. Who wants the honor of being the first in the Gallery?

Shoshanna ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 2:11 AM

Ha! I read the link dialyn, thanks for posting it. I knew there was a good reason to post articles on my home page. I also know I'm not the only one who already uses their articles this way. Who will be the first one to get featured? Crescent, you have been very busy! Shanna :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.