Fri, Sep 20, 5:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Urgent help required Where do i put the dam files...lol

Balthaz@r ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 5:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:33 AM

ok so im stupid. i have downloaded verious clothing from this site and poses, now i get get the poses to work fine but how the hell do i get the textures to work. i have tryed to add them to my female models and have put them in verious files but i still cant get them to render onto the figure...what i would like is to know where to put the difrent files you download into poser..a simple enough request.....is it posable to have to figures on the sceane at once say if im makeing a fighting scean and animate them individually..... thanks for reading this and helping a guy out its bugging the hell out of me...thanks...

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 5:32 PM

Try some of my tutorials they should help you out a bit.. http://jupiter.spaceports.com/~omnitut/poser/index.html Especially the one Poser Files What they are and what they do Yes you can animate two figures individually. i did it for my trailer.. http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8541/ and click on "Download a in work trailer (movie) for Project Wildcats" I did it completely in Poser. Let me know if you need any more help :) Storm

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 5:36 PM

And also try the tutorial section here at renderosity and I maintain a list of tutorials I have found for Poser here: http://poserunderground.virtualave.net/poser/postut.html BTW you aren't stupid :) Took me a while to figure out how to use Poser myself :) Storm

Balthaz@r ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 9:39 PM

me again thanks for the quick responce i will do the tutorials tomorrow..been on poser all night again ..what my project is....this is the real pain of my life....i want to do a poser animation of some one walking and posing and walking of....simple yes...!! but how do i keep the cloaths attached to her in the animation....and now this is the last blow....i want to take the holw set of shots say 200 frames into flash 4 and convert them to vector graphics..remake the hole movie in flash 4...and stick it on my website for my new intro.....lol lol any help with this would be realy cool and thanks for replying so soon balthaz@r

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 9:50 PM

Welll.. I can help with the Poser issue but you might ask the question also in the Flash Forum. To make the clothes stay on the body..while walking just apply the pose or walk designer to the figure's body. Not to the clothes. (one trick I learned to keep bits of skin from poking through the clothes is make the part invisible to keep it from showing through. But make sure that this part is completely hidden under the clothing) I am a beginner with Flash but one way I would do it (and it would probably be the hardest way is Render the animation into seperate images then take them one by one into Flash) but Again I would suggest that you ask the people in the flash forum for help on that S Storm

Balthaz@r ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 11:20 PM

go to www.scribecraft.com and when your inthere go to intros..on there is a test run i done of a poser animation to flash, and i imported all the single jpegs..from poser for it the file is like 56kbs nice and small still but i think i know what i need to to and that would be to save them as bitmaps then trace the bitmaps in flash..this i think will sort it:) flash also takes Dxf files i think...

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2000 at 11:58 PM

Yep flash will import dxf files. I like the animation Very smooth. Loaded fast on my connection as well :) Nice test run Storm

Balthaz@r ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2000 at 10:22 PM

i still cant find out how to get to people on the screen in poser with out them being in the same place how do you make them say stand side by side or infront of eack other... thanks for your help..and i loved your site its realy good and the movie rocks :)

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2000 at 11:23 PM

in your library area, at the very bottom of the menu you will see a minus sign and a check mark and a double checkmark.. Click the double check mark and then under your window (workspace) you will see words like figure 1 hip or some such.. with arrows in front of figure 1 and before the body part.. Click on the body part arrow and choose body. Then on your dials (usally behind the open library window move your figure with the translation dials. This will move them front back side to side and up and down. Hope that helps Storm

Balthaz@r ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 11:07 AM

right thanks for that one im gonna get right on that...whats the best file option to import poser figures into bryce 4..and can i import the textures as welll?

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 2:32 PM

When I import into Bryce I export the figure from poser as an obj after assigning all the textures .. When I import it into bryce It asks me for each texture and then applies it.. Storm

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.