Fri, Sep 20, 11:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:50 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Free Cyber Ninja, request input?

Ra Graphics ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 9:20 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

file_67500.jpg

This is a little project I thought I would share with the Renderosity Public, or just to purchasers of 2 items or more in my store. I will base my decision on the amount of responses I get and input from this forum.

It is not finished just yet, I still have to add a few bells and whistles to the texture and props, fix seams more texture detail etc.

I cannot offer it in my store because of the close design to the character which I am sure some of you know about, but I wanted to share it to those that would appreciate it. So post your comments please and I will go from there.

David
Ra Graphics

heyDerick ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 10:50 AM

I like it it looks awesome But why cant you offerit in your store? But i would love to have it as a freebie i would use it on many renders to come

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:33 AM

so the suit is painted onto the Mike texture, yes? you cropped off his feet, and i'm curious as to whether or not they are bare or if they have soft boots, etc? thanks!

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:51 AM

David, this looks great, almost dead-on to the character you mentioned. :-) I for one would love seeing this as a freebie...I can already see pictures in my head as to how I'd use him. Great Job! ChromeTiger

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 12:45 PM

very nice :) my head is already buzzing with ideas for this one. Just need a decent vilian type guy for him to go against :)

Ra Graphics ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 2:03 PM

file_67501.jpg

Answer to questions:

I wouldn't offer it in my store mainly because I think there would be some member that would say something about the fact it is similar to a character. Then I would get it yanked out of my store, as it has already happened to me for a sword I made along time ago so I would not want to risk it.

As far as a freebee I really feel artist freebees are under appreciated, and I would not want that to happen here
because this did take a good amount of my time to create.
Thats why I am asking for members opinions.

The reason I want to offer it to my purchasers, because they have bought something from my store, and it's kind of given back to them for buying two items or more from my store.

Yes the suit is painted on.

There are no shoes for him at this time.

A close up of the head for those who may want a closer look

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 3:35 PM

I can see how this texture might be adapted to Stephanie or especially Aiko (to achieve koshiro's "Battle Angel Alita" look) I could grey-scale it and throw in a minor reflection map for a metallic sheen. Yes, this had many possibilities! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Ra Graphics ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 3:43 PM

Your right the texture and the head will work for Stephanie so the user can make a Cyber-ninja female.

Wadus ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 5:12 PM

He looks like the gut from MGS. Awesome job!!

queri ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:30 PM

It's very very slick and sexy! All for it being a freebie-- though I have bought two or three things from you;)) Love the unisex possibilities. Emily

JurgenDoe ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:14 AM

Wow awesome and fantastic job. Looks great :)

Strength Is Life, Weakness Is Death

willowdream ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:31 AM

its georgous!! i would love to see this as a freebie for purchasers or in the rosity freebie section :)

americanChi ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:32 AM

It really looks awesome. It is going to be a hit!

Kath13 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:32 AM

Looks amazing - Great work (I especially love the unisex possiblilites).

TT ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:43 AM

Excellent work!:)

"I like my species the way it is."

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:46 AM

Sleek, elegant design--though I have no idea what character it resembles, I'd love to have it. I hope you'll post your decision :)

doerp ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:47 AM

Wow, that looks great! He would fit perfectly for a project Im planning. Nice work! Sascha

hillbill ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:49 AM

Looks pretty cool to me, I'd probably buy it!!

cwshorty ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:52 AM

This is cool as hell, I like it very much!

gwood ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 9:53 AM

There is a way to legitimately offer it in your store, I believe: create it as a Photoshop .PSD file with transparencies in the areas where the base (copyrighted) Mike texture would show through, with instructions on how to overlay the Ninja texture to the base texture and then 'fuse' them together. People wouldn't even have to own Photoshop to do this -- an evaluation copy of Paint Shop Pro would also work (it handles .PSDs reasonably well). Of course, everyone who uses your Ninja texture would still have to legitimately own a copy of Mike's texture (or Steph's, I guess...).

I'm doing something like this right now with V3, creating a series of skin-tight textures that I'll eventually be making available for free on my website. Same procedure will apply -- download 'em, and use PS or PSP to meld them to the base V3 texture.

As for the aesthetics, it looks quite nice! Good job. And yes, I can see how it would be time-consuming, particularly if you aren't using one of the 3D editors to apply the texture correctly...

Good job!

Garth

lalverson ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:02 AM

I do indeed like the look. But what I REALLY need is a Mike version of you original cyber suit you did for Vicky. It's detail and layout is exactly what I need to use that texture for serveal stories I'm writting and illustating. But what you have here is very cool indeed and I see where selling it could be a prob, because it does look like the character you mention, ecxept this one is a lot lighter and clearer to see.

dvitola ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:04 AM

Great idea! I love the colors. Yes, I could use this fellow in several of my upcoming art pieces. Denny

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:07 AM

Excellent work David! This is a very handsome outfit! Looks fantastic. Warm Regards, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

ming ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:08 AM

I like it, and what character does he resemble?

rvartist ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:21 AM

Killer piece of work

tyebo4 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:28 AM

Hey I'd get it even if it wasn't a freebie, as long as it didn't cost to much that is...LOL But I think it's great as like the others I would do many renders with it that's for sure...good job in my book, since I can't make them to save my life so I have to envy all of you works of art!!...lol

ToniDunlap ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.tonidunlap.com

Handsome. A striking character. Tickles the imagination and will surely inspire great work from all who use the Cyber Ninja. One of those folks is me! Great work.

ardence ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 10:53 AM

This is awesome, it looks just like the original character! I love it. The texture would also look really good on Victoria and Stephanie.

Neo10 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:06 AM

Looks good i think you should go for it. Even though i dont qualify for the 2 purchaser requirment lol.

RnRWoman ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:10 AM

Freebie sounds kewl. Great job on the texture. :)

darknewt ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:11 AM

Yes i would download it from a free section.... I also would consider a purchase. If several variations to a mat pose then I would purchase. I spend WAY to much money on textures and chars every month.... so I am now on a texture diet.... anyway. As for free stuff providers... i think they are GODS. they share their passion for this art form and I for one cant say thank you enough!!! having said that I would like to see some standardization in file naming and stuff to make it easer for the consumer to know who made it what char will it fit on and is it comercial usage. I have a tendency to lose readme files. Then I have to dig to find that kind of information out. But i think this comment is for another forum. If nothing else I hope this input helps in your decision.

MadYuri ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:21 AM

I would buy it, but a freebie is better. ;)
I second the request for a male or V3 version of the vicky cybersuit.

ladydawg ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:22 AM

Damn David! That's gorgeous and the unisex part makes it even better. I totally understand what you mean about putting it in the store. As a bonus for buyers is a very good idea. It's also why I usually return to that persons store, and dang if I wasn't there last night on your new V texture and putting it in my private wishlist. I say go for it from what I've seen of your work, you'll have plenty of business coming your way! Dee AKA Ladydawg

Fillingim ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:26 AM

Excellent I thjink with a little more effort on the suit you could make the character go from being a human in a bodysuit to a mechanoid of some sort. I love the helmet feature and the colors of the texture. Very Well Done. Too bad you cannot offer it in your store. Fillingim

Giana ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:30 AM

David, I agree with your perspective regarding the lack of appreciation on freebies in the FreeStuff area. I know you're looking for feedback here, and personally, I was thinking the same thing mentioned above about using the set on a Steph character. I have one of your packages that I purchased myself and one other item that was purchased for me as a gift, so I've no idea if that qualifies for your thought process on giving it to customers who own two or more of your items. And I will state that my opinion does not change regardless of qualification: free is nice, it is great for all of us users, but if you feel that your efforts to create this will be taken for granted, then give it only to those that fall within whatever defining parameters you set to receive it. I will also say that if I do not qualify, this set looks interesting enough to me that I would go look through your store. And my use of the word "I" is not meant to be addressing whether I qualify, but rather the pack is enough to generate interest perhaps in those that currently would not qualify [if this makes sense??]. Not sure if this is the kind of feedback you're striving for, but those are my thoughts, and I think that ultimately your choice should be what you feel is the most comfortable for you.

Luthoricas ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:34 AM

Looks pretty cool! I like it. And a new 'rosity coupon for 10% just came out too! Yes, I'd be more inclined to visit your store.

Luthoricas ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:44 AM

Okay, I've got Aura and the TPC-V7500 in my wishlist (already have the CyberSuit)... This outfit would go well with Vicky's cybersuit. Thank you for considering offering it as a freebie. And yes, I agree that merchant freebies are often under-appreciated.

Pardo ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:03 PM

Definitely worth releasing. This looks like an item worth purchasing, so who can argue with getting it as a freebie.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:11 PM

Freebie would be great but only if it is for both commercial and non commercial use. Marque

Vestmann ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:26 PM

This would make an escellent freebie. Very generous. The character is extremely cool and would be useable in many circumstances. Go for it.

Vestmann's Gallery

motyka ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:29 PM

This is really good looking. It has a sleek look to it and I just love it. I think you did a super job and it makes it even more special by you making it a freebie! - Nancy

GraphicFoxx ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:34 PM

Freebie would be good, as it doesn't exclude anybody. But I see where you're going with the reward for purchasers of your store. It's a tough call really. I say go for what you feel best. You spent time on this, and it's up to you on how you want to distribute it. How about releasing it to purchasers, and if there's enough demand, then release it free for all? I must say though, that's a damn killer texture. Instant recognizability (if that's even a word) for the character it's based on. How about more in the series? :)

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

Looks amazing, I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan so i know what this is and who it is..lol. Amazing work and i can see a promo render in my head for it if you want to talk...mixed up with one of my scenes..:) Look forward to seeing it out there.

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:44 PM

This is very cool looking.

shadowblade ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:18 PM

Now, that is one killer looking outfit. I can think of a couple of images already. Freebie or not, I'd love to have it.

tyebo4 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:24 PM

totally amazing...LOL

Lord_Blodgett ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 2:33 PM

I spend WAY too much and download WAY too many frebies as it is (I just bought a 120 gig hard drive to dedicate to Poser). I would certainly download it as a freebie and if I could swing the cash purchase it if available, if it were not so close to the other ... :-)

Coleman ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 3:32 PM

I love the helmet and arm textures. I'm not knockin' your work, this is just an observation: His skin seems photorealistic, but the body suit texture looks like watercoloring. I like the design of the body suit, but I'm intrigued by the coloring scheme. I am always looking for action and hero body mats like this 'cos you can shape Mike or Steph's body and simply apply this texture, whereas if this were a clothing item I'd have to screw with clothing morphs. I would buy a mat pack of cyber body textures like this. BTW - I love your sonic cycle, it's been being put to good use by a 3d heroine - ha ha ram

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 4:48 PM

Definitely interesting. Would be great for some nice dark sci-fi looking projects :)

FRC1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 4:56 PM

It looks awesome, I could make good use of this pack.

Osirusblue ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 5:22 PM

Definitely very cool! Great work! I love the idea that it can be used for more than one character. I think it would make a great freebie, which in theory should drive people to buy things from you. Of course, those of us who already have already know how cool your stuff is. Great work!

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.