Fri, Sep 20, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Dragon Tamer Pic

HomerForPrez ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:39 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

file_68306.jpg

I posted a WIP of this pic probably a year or so ago. I'm finally done with it I think. If you have any suggestions let me know. Took three seperate renderings to create the mobius effect and now I'm rendering at 3500 x 2350 to make it into a print...it's taken a while :)

HomerForPrez ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:41 PM

haha not so you think I've been working on this for a year straight I kinda stopped using bryce while I was in school..so just started back up on it over the summer.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:57 PM

Well thank goodness for that.............I thought we had another Bryce addict for a moment. 8) I think it looks very good, the only thing that bugs me is that I think the blue light should be more diffuse. But if, after working on it for a year, you've had enough, then be proud and happy it's done. Cheers Catlin

Slakker ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 7:46 PM

I love how the dragon fades from texture to texture like that. Personally, i'd like to have seen more work done on the background (I'd like to see it in a nice nordic backdrop, big snow covered peaks) But this was your vision, not mine. Great textures and effects.

HomerForPrez ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 7:52 PM

haha thanks yeah I would have kinda liked that too....I have such a hard time making realistic looking landscapes. That's what bryce is suppose to be used for yet I still have such a hard time with it :) haha oh well. I kinda wanted it outside but didn't really think of a snowy scene. That could be very cool. Thanks for the advice and about the blue...somehow I placed a light in the scene and then was gonna use it but where the default start location was was just below my water plane and it created that effect so I decided to leave it. Just thought it looked kinda cool and took away from the completely black background which is the one problem I also saw with this.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:06 PM

In that case if you moved the light closer to the water or toned the brightness down it might look better. But just ignore me if I'm being a pain, it's your vision and that's all that matters. 8) Catlin

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Oh Catlin, you could never be a pain.......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Slakker ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 9:18 PM

Well..there was that time with the whip...

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 6:54 AM
Forum Moderator

You're confusing pain with pleasure, Slakker.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 10:32 AM

Wizard: You shall be my friend! Dragon: Ummm Wizard: Casts Charm Dragon Be my friend, I have draggie treats! Cool picture.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.