Sat, Sep 21, 12:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: I need help texturing eyebrows, makeup and lips

Laver2k ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:03 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

ok 2 problems: 1) I want to paint eyebrows onto a texture map but im unsure on how to do this. I use psp, any ideas? 2) How do you go about adding makeup? 3) How do you add a texture to lips? I tried but it didnt show up...=( thanks

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:21 AM

If you look at the template for the texture map, you should be able to see where the eyebrows go, and what shape they should be guided by. After that, it's as simple as painting the eyebrows in, or if you prefer, there are several good photo reference packages available in the RMP. You should paint them in on a seperate layer, so that you can erase easily if you make mistakes, and also, you can lower the opacity of the skin layer so you can see the template guides whil you work. Makeup would follow the same route. You can see on the template where the facial features are guided, and work on a seperate layer to apply it. You can use the change to target brushes in PSP to change colors of makeup, and also layer blend modes. If you are looking to add depth to the skin and lips, you will need to create a bump map. A bump map is a greyscale image that has the same features of the template, but works like a relief map. The darker the grey, the deeper the appearance of the bump. Let's say you wanted to create skin wrinkles. You would take a copy of your texture map and reduce it to greyscale. Then you would use a slightly darker greay to paint in the liners. The darker the line, the deeper the wrinkle. Same for lips. You want to be careful and use very subtle diffrernces for skin as a general rule. The only thing you must absolutely NOT

Laver2k ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:26 AM

thanks that helps alot, is there a tutorial available for painting makeup and eyebrows?

Momcat ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:42 AM

I'm not sure, but you could do a site search, and also check the various Poser sites.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:14 AM

There are a couple of old ones that might get you started:

http://www.sweetdreamsdigital.com/MakeupTut.html

http://www.cocs.com/poser/texture.htm

Laver2k ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:21 AM

great! thanks again.

varianie ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:17 AM

I use PS for painting makeup, so im not sure if my technique will work in PSP. Anyay, here it is: I start creting a new layer. In tat layer i select a big soft brush, a pink-red colour, set brush opacity to about 20 and then paint just a couple of strokes over the cheeks. Then i apply blur filter, play with that layer transparency and blending mode until i like the result. Then i create another layer. I select another soft round brush, but smaller, to paint some eyeshadows. I select the color i want to use an then i paint around one of the eyes edge. Again u se blur filter to smooth it and change the layers transparency. Then i take a slightly bigger brush and paint the eyelid in a different layer. Again blur and adjusting tranparency. When im pleased with the result, i blend the two layers with the makeup for the eye. Duplicate the layer, go to transform/flip horizontal and move it to place it over the other eye. For the lips i sually select them and then play with colour adjustements to get different tones. Hope you can do this in PSP too :)

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:18 AM

I saw a very cool set at poserpros. It s a set of photosop bruses by tasha for only $3.50. Maybe that will worjk for you. http://www.poserpros.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=779&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=0

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:19 AM

That would work in Paint Shop Pro. The layer technique works very well there. Good ideas!

Laver2k ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 11:34 AM

that sounds good varianie, ill give it a try =) ill also go look at those brushes, thanks everyone.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.