Sat, Sep 21, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser update 4.02

wayneout ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 9:23 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Hello, long time no post any questions. Okay, I slow. I just decided to update Poser4.0 to 4.02. I downloaded the auto updater on Curious Labs site. (little over 2mgs) When it starts running, it asks for Poser exe 4.00, I find it and it starts the update. Then it stops and I get this message. "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." I don't understand this or how to correct it. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks, Bill

wayneout ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 9:25 AM

Hello again, Terrible English. That should say I am slow. I waited a long time to install the update, but everything you download now says it is a newer version, so I decided to try the update.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 6:13 PM

I suggest that you download the manual update. It is a larger download, but it works much better. I had problems with the auto update, and many others have, too. There should be an instructional read-me file in the download. It isn't very hard to do, and only takes a few minutes.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2000 at 1:04 AM

Everyone seems to have problems with the auto-update, wyrwulf is right, do the manual it's really easy, and if you need help we're here. =)

Gromit ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2000 at 7:08 AM

Had the exact same problem with the auto-updater, but the manual update is easy, just a big (8mb) download. Gromit Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

Artist3D ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2000 at 1:56 AM

The MANUAL is HARD if you are a newbie.Steve/Larry should make it an auto one.We spent ALOT of $$$ on POSER over the years.That is not too much to ask.I FINALLY got the Auto one to work.You HAVE to TOTALLY Delete your old poser files.ALL of them(Save your work somewhere first).Then Re install poser,do the update THEN add your stuff.It Works! :)

chis ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2000 at 1:47 PM

I've seen this before... it sounds like they're using the same update system that id used waay back when for Doom (only this is the win32 one obviously - sorry about the strange link, I can't for the life of me remember what the system is called). It's not that awful english at all, it's actually perfectly correct - ladies and gents, if you've been using the unofficial updates since buying Poser 4 then it's your own fault for not heeding the warnings - official updates like this 4.02 updater will always look for the official 4.00 Poser 4 EXE - if you remember the beta updates were never officially sanctioned by MetaCreations. Use Winzip, Winace or something to extract the original Poser.EXE from the huge .CAB on your poser CD (making a copy of the current one just in case), and try the updater again. If it says similar things about other files then backup and overwrite them in the same manner.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.