Sat, Sep 21, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Firefly renderer

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:03 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dtotal.com/

file_69697.jpg

I hope poser 5 can do this or at least render this good by the next edition, if there is one considering poser 5 is not being well excepted by poser 4 users.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:03 AM

file_69698.jpg

wow

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:04 AM

file_69699.jpg

the body on that guy looks better then mike2 and the poser 4 and 5 man.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:32 AM

Why would FireFly not be able to render this? And for reference: What were these images rendered in and what did they look like before postwork?

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:43 AM

how would he know he never made them.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Placido ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:53 AM

what render engine u used?

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 2:53 AM

So what if they are postworked Poser 4 renders?

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 3:04 AM

When did we vote, did I miss something? Was MeshMagick elected to be the voice of the p4 users? I am a exP4 user now using P5 "and enjoying it" ... but hell I sure do miss the little sidestepping dork that walks across the page (in 3.2 seconds) when you hit the render button.

sithgoblin ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 3:55 AM

Mesh_Magick never ceases to amaze me...

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:42 AM

I gave the link and posted the images as an example of what I talking about, Im saying I have not seen images yet rendered this good, Not to mention the male model figure blows mike away. this is some other rendering engine I think is for max users.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:44 AM

Don't be an asshole, If you disagree with the topic move on, If you have something to contribute that is productive then answer the post.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:47 AM

What is it that this render engine is doing to those images that you think FireFly can't do?

Caly ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:54 AM

Sure we can all render that well if we have the money to pay for the high end renderers. Take the first & 3rd images. They're by the same person. Drop by his web-site and see nary a Poser in sight- "SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE - Fluent on: Newtek Lightwave3d (5 Years) Adobe Photoshop (6 years) -Have knowledge on: Adobe Premiere A/W Maya Discreet 3dsmax Macromedia Dreamweaver Newtek Aura Right Hemisphere Deep Paint 3d" Then the third face image creator used- 3dsMax Polygonal modeling with meshsmooth + Shag Hair + Photoshop (textures) + Brazil r/s For Poser to render like that, well. It would probably have to be rewritten from scratch to optimally use every shred of power a PC can give.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 4:59 AM

Sorry for asking questions, and if we misinterpreted you post, there shure would be a polite way of telling us without caps lock and four letter words. If my post was offending you, I apologize, it was not my intention to do so. Did you see the image Mazak posted in this thread? http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1361376 EmpressZario posted nice shots of his skin shader here: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1362052 Add some hi-res textures and spend some work on lighting and you should be pretty close to the first shot you posted. To get veins like in the second shot, a hi-res displacement map should do. For the third shot, you'd need to add an environment map to the eyes. But the subsurface scattering you see there is definately there in Poser 5, that's what the skin and velvet nodes are for.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:01 AM

Stewer the image is really clear close up, I have yet to see that eye white effect on any poser figures rendered in fire fly yet. I noticed that figure has better arms and shoulders then mike, looks like a much better figure. , No Niles I am not putting firefly down as you accused me of, So read and pay attention next time to what I am saying and don't jump on me because your mad at others who are putting the product down and wind up jumping out all over me giving me the last straw treatment because yhour pissed at hearing othewrs puttiog down poser 5.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:02 AM

For Poser to render like that, well. It would probably have to be rewritten from scratch to optimally use every shred of power a PC can give. I disagree. I am sure FireFly could render the same images, once you sit down and take as much time for setting up materials and lighting as this guy obviously did with 3ds and Brazil. It's not like Brazil had a button labeled "hyperralistic humans", you know.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:02 AM

was not waht you said stewer it was niles responce that pissed me off.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:08 AM

Yeah but that is a shame that poser would need to be rewritten, Would be cool if this software could be a plugin so you could chooseyour own renderer depending on what you have to spend.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:08 AM

I have yet to see that eye white effect on any poser figures rendered in fire fly yet. That's because people barely scratched the surface of FireFly's potential. You can't make images like these out of the box with any renderer, it takes hours of learning and understanding until you can build such materials.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:11 AM

By the way Niles if your still hangoing on to every word I say about you, Just so you and I are straight with each other, My only complaint about posr 5 is that it's slow and that the human figures could be a little better including Mike and Vicky, But for the money they are good and affordable. Now if you got anything else to accuse me of go right ahead since I have made my position clear on this topic.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:14 AM

You can use 3rd party renderers with Poser. For example, I wrote a Python script that will use 3Delight as external renderer, even supporting dynamic hair and background rendering. If you went through the Poser SDK, you could get even better integration than with my whipped-up script. As for Brazil, this renderer seems to be written for 3ds max only.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:18 AM

In addition, the Brazil FAQ says that they plan to support the RIB file format and to write a standalone renderer too. So chances are that you will be able to use this renderer with Poser 1 or newer.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:21 AM

Yeah, I like mia and max renderings, but I think Im afrade if I buy the base program Ill wind up having to spend a fortune on plugins and stuff to get the program to work. I think Ill get world builder once I see if it's worth it, So far nothing iv seen has shown me that it's easy to use with poser.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:22 AM

Oh stewer if they are poser rendering these are very good and certainly made me look twice.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:28 AM

My big complaint is not the renderoing time it's the amount of time it take to open files and load them, poser 5 takes a long time to load figures for some reason, I don't understand it because poser 4 loads them instanly, I like poser 5 and what it can do but I dont want to wait all day to laod the things I need to make my scene. I heard ify ou have a monster machine with like 3 gigaherts and u p it runs like poser 4 this true?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:30 AM

well if that face on that girl is poser 5 Id like to know what presets was used to make her eyes refelct that way, Id put that preset on all my figures.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:33 AM

I would Love to know who modeled that male figure, He need to work for Daz, Or sell his figures in poser format, the toes hands rists shoulders are all good and I can tell that is definilty not Mike,p4,p5

Niles ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=326160&Start=1&Artist=Olivier&ByArtist=Yes

This is not my work, but I like it. Sorry you got pissed off, and all I accused you of was being a spokeman for all p4 users... next time speak only for yourself.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 5:43 AM

Oh no, the three images you posted are not Poser. Pic 3 is Brazil, as Caly posted. What I was writing is what I'd do to recreate such effects in Poser 5.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 6:50 AM

I was speaking for myself your the one here that not only misunderstood that fact but decided to lay into me because you have no repect for me, you made that clear.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 6:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.tagame.org/download/image/armpithair.jpg

Thanks Stewer, By the way Stewer would you know who made this? Venca's "Mike Body Hair

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 6:56 AM

http://www.tagame.org/frame2.html ok this site is kinda gay but it has some interesting downloads don't bother to go to the gallery unless you like that sort of thing. But some of the poser items in the download section are pretty good, If your wondering how I found this site i came across the link at male poser.com by accident but it did not warnnn of the nature of the site so I was kinda shoked a little but found it was worth the trip there for the freebies.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 7:42 AM

file_69700.jpg

this would be my first try at making a reflective eye ball in Poser 5: Anisotrophic highlight, environment mapping and a slight dose of raytracing. Of course, this would need a little more work for a final picture - it's only one spotlight, and the eyelashes are till stock Judy.

ford3auss ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 10:21 AM

Very nice stewer, well done mate...

ronstuff ( ) posted Sat, 02 August 2003 at 6:10 PM

Stewer - thanks for all the tips, your contributions are very valuable .. Could you tell me which of the eye materials it is best to use Anisotropic on - I never could figure out what the difference was between "eyeball" and "eyewhite" was. Should this type of shiny node be applied to them all (including iris and pupil, for example)?

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 2:54 AM

I don't know which eye material is the best - I had it on the eyeball here, and it looks good. Having additional highlights on pupil and iris was a little problematic as I got clusters of highlights when looking at it from the side.

FireHorse ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 3:12 AM

Stewer, would you be able to put up a mini-tut, add it to your faq or just give a screen shot of your setting for those reflective eyes :-) Thanks.

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:50 AM

file_69701.jpg

Updating my site is a little difficult currently - I gave the computer that has DreamWeaver on it to a friend for a while, and I'm too lazy to write HTML by hand ;-) Anyway, here's the screenshot. Note that this is the setup I used for Judy, as I don't even own Vicky I have no idea what it needs to look like for her eyes. The image for the the reflection map is the lovely Harbor Beach in Santa Cruz, by the way.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 8:22 AM
Online Now!

That judy eye shot does not even come close to the one posted by Mesh magick while it certainly looks Wet on the surface and has "reflections" The DEAD give away, as in ALL poser renders with ALL poser/DAZ figures, is the wet thick rim of the lower eye lid. You see where there seem to be a thin fluid membrane where the lower rim meets the eye on the mesh magick post that effecst makes ALL the difference in the world as far as realism goes but unfortunatedly it a function a superior Mesh.

My website

YouTube Channel

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:55 AM

Of course it doesn't have that rim because I was only focussing on the reflection (which of course doesn't look the same because I don't have the texture maps that were used for the original image) and I didn't put nearly as much time into it as the original creator probably did (and we still don't know how much postwork he put into it). If you want that rim too, go ahead. FireFly will not be the limit.

Ariah ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:16 AM

file_69702.jpg

I know I may be a little bit late, but I was experimenting. It doesn't come very close to what mesh Magick posted, but it's my first step. Wolf356 is right that a superior mesh guarantees better renders. I have only Judy, so I will try to make her as realistic as possible... This is going to be a pain...

Ariah ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:48 AM

file_69703.jpg

This one is with ray Traceing enabled; I've added a new light to cast some shadow.

Ariah ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:49 AM

file_69704.jpg

And this is a close up of the eyes.

Caly ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 9:15 AM

Interesting, her eyeball has jaggies? It isn't smoothly circular... Perhaps if the eyes were replaced with Black Eyes, or Real Eyes, etc. These eyes look very fake.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

raven ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 12:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1204627

Regarding wolf359's comments about the eyes, this thread tried to solve it.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:05 AM

Ilike the whiter one better the blue ones look like Dune eyes. thanks for the info on python scripting I did not know you could do that with poser to use an external renderer. thnk you could share that eye relfection oin free stuff?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:05 AM

Ilike the whiter one better the blue ones look like Dune eyes. thanks for the info on python scripting I did not know you could do that with poser to use an external renderer. thnk you could share that eye relfection oin free stuff?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.