Sun, Sep 22, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Apophysis beta

marcusbacus ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:19 AM

Where can I get the Apophysis 2 beta?

Wub ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 7:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.apophysis.org/

Join the Apophysis mailing list. Every message on the list has a link to the beta at the botton, so wait for a message to appear or post one yourself. The idea of making the beta only available to list members is so that they can be kept informed of updates, post bug reports, and also so they can read whatever I have to say about using the program (since documentation is very sparse at the moment).

marcusbacus ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 7:51 PM

I did that, thanks.

Glas ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 8:04 PM

Hmm I must be missing something. I went to the web site sent out a message. got the message from ezmlm and sent out a reply as directed. I got the second message. I saw a good number of e-mail address but no links.

Wub ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 8:14 PM

The link to the beta appears in messgaes actually sent to the list, not the confirmation and welcome messages.

Glas ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:02 PM

I figured it out finally. I must have taken a left turn at Albuquerque. Or mis-translated something. While Ihave your ear Iwouldliketo say the beta version has some nice updates. Gradient file names change to color chart, being able to select the transform by the drop down menu, mutation fly out, Just to name a few. But its all overshadowed by the missing "export bmp" option. Work flow slowed to a near stop.

Wub ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 11:16 PM

The export bitmap option has been replaced by Render to Disk. You can reduce the sample density and/or image size to render quickly, and to produce an image of low quality (like bitmaps exported form 1.01). Any futher questions should be directed to the Apophysis list.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.