Thu, Sep 19, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: insufficient disk space to render at the current resolution

MoonRose ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 10:15 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:18 PM

hello

does anyone know why i might be suddenly getting this error?

i'm making thumbnails for a package and i'm trying to render at 600 x 600... it lets me render if i render it in the main window but if i try to click on new window it gives me that error...

its weird because this just started... i've been rendering things in a new window without any problems before.

i've rebooted and all that...

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 10:19 PM

Set your virtual memory to 0 and reboot, then set it back to what it was and reboot again. You should be OK. I'm assuming you are using Poser 4.

MoonRose ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 10:22 PM

poser pro pack on windows xp pro sorry i should have mentioned that :) i'll give that a try

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 10:49 PM

It's also a good idea to defragment the hard disc before resetting the VM to it's original value, and set a fixed custom size to help prevent it getting fragmented again in the future.

Mark

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 1:02 AM

Oh ouch hell yeah. They're right. I get corrupted pagesys files regularly. Then I have to go through resetting and defragging and resetting. Something about Poser and XP, none of my other programs do it.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 2:34 AM

Curious Labs has a "workaround" for this problem posted on their site: http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/archive/239/?nf=1#anc826 After some intense investigation we believe we have a work around. It turns out that Windows NT 4, 2000 and Windows XP must be using some space for the pagefile.sys file on the same partition that Poser is installed, to render large images. The pagefile.sys is the virtual memory or temp space for Windows. An approximate minimum would 10 MB. This amount might have to be increased for more complex scenes and animations. The maximum should be 10 MB or greater. To modify the Virtual Memory: Windows NT 4 = Right Click my computer. Click the performance tab. Click change. Click the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows 2000 = Right click My computer. Select the Advanced tab. Click Performance option. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Windows XP = Click Start. Right Click My Computer in the menu. Select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Click Settings, next to Performance. Select the advanced tab. Click Change. Select the drive Poser is installed on. Click the Custom size button. Enter 10 in the Initial size field. Enter 500 or more, in the maximum size field. Click set. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Restart the System. Poser will now be able to render up to its maximum size of 4090 pixels x 4090 pixels @ any resolution ------------------------------------- I've tried that and found that it doesn't change anything at all. I don't have ANY paging file on the drive where Poser resides, so their explanation is totally moot. Only thing that fixes this for me is to defragment all my drives, including the one where Poser is. That always takes care of it. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

miyu ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 3:44 AM

Heh I used to have that problem too.. solved it by getting a new comp with much more ram Not the ideal solution maybe ;p

Elsina ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 4:52 AM

I had the same problem, but only lately when my harddisk (the one Poser is on, not my C disk with OS) was getting amost full. Replaced the disk for a 120 gega one and problem solved :-)

My gallery @ Renderosity

Replicant ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:41 AM

I asked this same question recently. I had forgotten to re-install the Pro-Pack Memory update patch when I installed Poser on my new system. Installing the patch solved the problem at the time. The problem has reappeared twice since then and disappears when I defrag the drive Poser is on.

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:53 AM

I have the same problem. I just got a new and faster computer and it still does it. Changing the paging file and defragging does nothing. My page file is on a different partition than Poser 4. And Curious Lab's update for computers with more than 1GB memory doesn't do anything either. I think Poser 4 just hates fast computers.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:25 PM

I upgraded my RAM from 512MB to 1.25GM. I applied the P4 memory patch and ran "out of disk space" in a couple of hours. I removed the patch and re-installed the 4.03 update. So far no problems, except that one of my V3 textures turned black right after I removed the memory patch. I was able to restore the texture.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:53 PM

Just for additional information, should anybody search and find this topic as I just did:- My system suddenly started doing this when I render to 1024 x 768 in a new window. I tried the Curious Labs recommendation above, and it worked. ;) I should make clear that I didn't have a pagefile on the disk where Poser is (it has a separate one to the rest of the system), so I had to create one. I gave it a minimum of 10, maximum 1000. Poser 4.03, Windows 2000 Pro; 512MB RAM, about 11GB free on the Poser disk.

iggy23 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 6:32 PM

well, it happens to me on my new machine too - PIV 2/6, 512meg ram, 120gig hard-drive... so "insufficiant disk space" seems a bit silly.. lol it only happens on certain images, and i'm buggered if i can fix it :(

Towal ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 8:27 PM

I get this problem randomly as well. Using Poser4.03 with the memory patch. Running a 3ghz P4, 2GB DDR RAM, 2 80GB Hard Drives, 256mb GeoForce 5600 vid card (not sure that matters).

I have tried the CL workaround and find that it works at random. I also only get the error at random. I can render a few images (I'm doing 300dpi and ranging from from 3450x2700 at largest to 1950x1350 at smallest) and it goes fine then suddenly it throws the error at me. Rebooting, in itself, does not correct it which if it was a memory issue you would think that it would.

I usually have to check the computer managed button (or whatever it's called) and hit set, then go back and change it to 10/500 per the CL fix and reboot a couple times and then works for a while.

Towal

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2003 at 10:55 PM

I have had more problems with the memory patch installed than without it. I guess it is a problem we all have to live with.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.